Question for the Geester

Question for the Geester

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Oct 16

Originally posted by divegeester
The atmosphere is what separates us from space.
So are you saying sin does not separate us from God?

Cape Town

Moves
16 Oct 16

One thing I found interesting about this thread is how it managed to so rapidly draw fire at me from my detractors. Even Kellyjay found the courage to post about me, albeit via a snide post to sonship who was clearly fiddling with his trigger also. Quite a good thread actually.

Edit: carrobie was "in like flint" on page one Lol.
I get that sometimes. Someone attacks me in a thread then everyone else joins in without properly reading the thread and without realising they have just joined a fight on the side that lost a few pages ago. Hilarious.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Oct 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Here's one question you sidestepped: You believe that "the condemned will be cast in a fire that is not quenched and where the worm doesn't die"; what does that mean exactly?
It literally means exactly what it says what else could it mean?

ENGLAND

Moves
16 Oct 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
So are you saying sin does not separate us from God?
No, I'm saying the atmosphere separates us from space. I'm making glib comments like you.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
So you're both probably "saved" from "damnation" because of "Jesus and what He did on the cross"?
If they repent and believe the gospel yes.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Oct 16

No, I'm saying the atmosphere separates us from space. I'm making glib comments like you.
Ok so you are just taking the piss. I really thought you could be serious. I must have been wrong.

F

Moves
16 Oct 16

It literally means exactly what it says what else could it mean?
I am asking you to explain what happens to a person - to explain the "fire that is not quenched" and "the worm [that] doesn't die". It sounds like a metaphor. If you think it is "literally" true, why not explain what it means to you? You've already said that you don't believe that anyone is tortured in flames for eternity, but many Christians interpret these words to mean exactly that. If they don't mean exactly that for you, what do they mean?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
If you believe you aren't going to be "damned" why don't you believe - or assume - that another Christian won't be "damned" for the same reason as you won't?
When did I say another Christian will be damned? You are just making stuff up now.

ENGLAND

Moves
16 Oct 16
1 edit

Ok so you are just taking the piss. I really thought you could be serious. I must have been wrong.
Here's the question again from a few pages back which you have answered "yes" explicitly and "no" implicitly...

Will you personally will be judged for you being angry and punished by being thrown into hell for eternity? Yes or no?

F

Moves
16 Oct 16

If they repent and believe the gospel yes.
Well that [belief] applies to all the Christians who are regular posters here, surely?

F

Moves
16 Oct 16

When did I say another Christian will be damned? You are just making stuff up now.
Are you going to start claiming things about those you consider to be TrueChritians™ and those you don't?

F

Moves
16 Oct 16

If neither you nor divegeester ~ Christians the both of you ~ are going to be "damned", then what on earth have you been wittering on about for nine pages?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Oct 16

Here's the question again from a few pages back which you have answered "yes" explicitly and "no" implicitly...

[b]Will you personally will be judged for you being angry and punished by being thrown into hell for eternity? Yes or no?
[/b]
"Yes", I deserve to be punished, and "No" Jesus took my punishment upon himself. So the answer is No.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
Well that [belief] applies to all the Christians who are regular posters here, surely?
Hopefully, yes. I don't know the exact details of everyones personal walk with God.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
Are you going to start claiming things about those you consider to be [b]TrueChritians™ and those you don't?[/b]
Me calling myself a Christian doesn't automatically make me one.