1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 04:205 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Tell me what YOU believe about judgment and I'll discuss it with you and I will tell you what I believe about what you say.
    This is what I said in the thread I quoted: "According to what is written in the scriptures, getting angry with your brother is the same as murder, so yes I am guilty of mass murder in the eyes of God and deserve the same punishment."

You responded with: "This is the most ridiculous pile of nonsensical misanthropy I've read since sonship told us all that it was god's "perfect justice" that anyone who did not accept the loving forgiveness of Jesus would be tortured for eternity by him in a burning hell."

So can you tell me exactly why you disagree. What do you think happens to people that reject Jesus? Who will be justified and condemned based upon what criteria? What do you view as perfect justice?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 05:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I think over the years some others have proffered the idea that divegeester may in fact be masquerading as a Christian although i cannot say for sure whether it is the case or not although it might explain his furtive reaction to your simple question. I have hardly ever heard him discuss any of his beliefs, cannot remember a single occasion where he ...[text shortened]... those beliefs and would not hold out much hope of him elucidating on any of his alleged beliefs.
    According to you I'm not a Christian because I'm not a member of your religious organisation, so what does it matter about anything else?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 05:361 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    This is what I said in the thread I quoted: "According to what is written in the scriptures, getting angry with your brother is the same as murder, so yes I am guilty of mass murder in the eyes of God and deserve the same punishment."

You responded with: "This is the most ridiculous pile of nonsensical misanthropy I've read since sonship told us all t ...[text shortened]... o will be justified and condemned based upon what criteria? What do you view as perfect justice?
    All you have done is taken a scripture in isolation an waved it around to create some controversy. So tell me what the punishment is you expect to be served on you as the "judgment" for you being angry?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 05:36
    Originally posted by sonship
    Divegeester was this a serious suggestion you made ?

Why don't you start a thread about it instead of hijacking this one? (This is a serious suggestion)
    Yes.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 05:381 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    You are being called out on your Christianity, which is weak to say the least. You have repeatedly called me a 'dick', and have bad words for robbie as well. You have provided nothing on this forum to conclude you can be taken seriously as a 'real Christian'.

It is time to put up, or shut up.
    Not in the OP, only by you, Robbie carrobie, Kellyjay and the likes and I'm happy to take you slavering wolves on 🙂
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 05:40
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    It is easy to attack someone else's views if you never share your own. We are to share about the hope within us, can not do that if you really don't have a hope within.
    It's also easy to slip the little jibes like this one in when you persistently and cowardly ignore someone.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 05:42
    Originally posted by chaney3
    ...Dive is not a good example of a Christian.
    Correct. I have never claimed to be a good Christian, in fact there have been many occiasions when I've explicitly stated otherwise. But I know what I believe and why. I'll defend it and contend for the truth.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 05:441 edit
    If he is a Christian then I'm a world famous poet that has been published in over 720 languages.
    I'm not a Jehovah's Witness, so how can I possibly be a Christian. Are you saying that your church is no the only church of Jesus Christ/Jehovah?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 05:461 edit
    even plastic Christians still have beliefs...
    As do cultists. We have discussed your beliefs here many times haven't we. To be fair they are not really your beliefs, they are the Watchtower beliefs which you have be told to defend.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 05:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you really claiming that, in all his years active on this forum, divegeester has "never" shared his views? That seems an odd thing for you to claim, KellyJay.
    In fairness it's difficult for kellyjay to respond as he is ignoring half of the people in this thread for disagreeing with him over something at some point.

I sometimes think about his stance in this forum and wonder what the gospel would have been like if Jesus had ignored everyone who disagreed with him.
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 06:003 edits
    All you have done is taken a scripture in isolation an waved it around to create some controversy. So tell me what the punishment is you expect to be served on you as the "judgment" for you being angry?
    The same judgement that is bestowed upon a murderer.

But this is the point I am trying to make: Everyone has at least told one lie, stolen something, gotten angry with someone, looked with lust at the opposite sex. Based upon what is written in the Bible it means that by God's standards each and everyone of us is a lying, thieving, murderer and adulterer at heart. (at least) Which means none of us is innocent. We have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God. So we are all deserving of the same punishment.

If you disagree feel free to tell me why. If you feel that Adolf Eichmann's sin is greater than yours, did Jesus pay a greater price for his sin than for yours? Could Adolf Eichmann ever make it into Heaven? Or was the price that Jesus payed not enough for him, but enough for you?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 06:08
    The same judgement that is bestowed upon a murderer.

But this is the point I am trying to make: Everyone has at least told one lie, stolen something, gotten angry with someone, looked with lust at the opposite sex. Based upon what is written in the Bible it means that by God's standards each and everyone of us is a lying, thieving, murderer and adult ...[text shortened]... r make it into Heaven? Or was the price that Jesus payed not enough for him, but enough for you?
    To be clear you expect to go to hell and burn there for eternity for being angry; is that what you are saying?
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 06:113 edits
    To be clear you expect to go to hell and burn there for eternity for being angry; is that what you are saying?
    I expect to be damned because I fall short of the glory of God on my own accord. My past anger is only one of the many things that would damn me. What about you? Do you think your good works can save you from damnation? (This is if you believe certain people will be damned. Do you believe certain people will be damned? According to what criteria will they be damned?)

I believe all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Do you think there are people who don't fall short of the glory of God on their own accord?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 06:16
    So we are all deserving of the same punishment.
    What punishment are you going to get, do you think?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 06:17
    I expect to be damned because I fall short of the glory of God on my own accord.
    You are going to be "damned"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree