1. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 07:11
    I notice that nobody has actually answered the OP question. Is it really that difficult?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 07:17
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I notice that nobody has actually answered the OP question. Is it really that difficult?
    Apparently you skipped over the post immediately after the OP. I answered the OP question with the simple reply - NO.

The Instructor
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 08:12
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Hey! Leave the poor duffus alone! If he don't know nothing then what can you do? Some people you just can't explain nothing to... they never get it. 😕😛
    OK .. let's pretend I don't know what "nothing" is .... you define it.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 08:31
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    OK .. let's pretend I don't know what "nothing" is .... [b]you define it.[/b]
    Do you always deflect questions directed to you on to others?
    Kelly
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 10:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Apparently you skipped over the post immediately after the OP. I answered the OP question with the simple reply - NO.

The Instructor
    My apologies. I normally skip over most of your posts so I did miss that one.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 10:36

The Instructor
    what is your explanation for our observations of stars and galaxies being slowly formed? are we mistaken, if so what are we really observing?

do you accept that stars die.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 19:44
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what is your explanation for our observations of stars and galaxies being slowly formed? are we mistaken, if so what are we really observing?

do you accept that stars die.
    Stars and galaxies were formed before man was created, so nobody has ever observed their formation. All observations are of stars and galaxies as they appear today.

The second law of thermodynamics would indicate that stars will also die out in time due to loss of energy.

The Instructor
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 20:15
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Do you always deflect questions directed to you on to others?
    Kelly
    No.
    You are the acknowledged master at that. As your post indicates.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 20:15
    Stars and galaxies were formed before man was created, so nobody has ever observed their formation. All observations are of stars and galaxies as they appear today.

The second law of thermodynamics would indicate that stars will also die out in time due to loss of energy.

The Instructor
    so what are we observing when we look at nebulas? can you explain the process that is taking place?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 20:22
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    so what are we observing when we look at nebulas? can you explain the process that is taking place?
    We see what we see, nothing more. The process is called magnification. Look it up.

The Instructor
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 20:28
    Educate yourself

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/science/something-from-nothing-is-a-quantum-possibility
    Well what do you know? I found it. I've been making the mistake of putting whole addresses into the google search, but all I needed from that one were the words "something from nothing is a quantum possibility".

I thought you were directing me to a real science article. The first two paragraphs were basically the same kind of finger wagging moralizing nonsense I can get listening to you, and the science portion of it was even less informative than I thought it would be. Maybe next time you can direct me to a real science article, if that wouldn't be too much to ask.
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 20:411 edit
    We see what we see, nothing more. The process is called magnification. Look it up.

The Instructor
    "We see what we see, nothing more. The process is called magnification. Look it up."

the process of a nebula is magnification????? we use magnification to look at a nebula. i want to know what you think is happening in a nebula?

what are we seeing when we look at a nebula? what is a nebula rj?
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 20:54
    Well what do you know? I found it. I've been making the mistake of putting whole addresses into the google search, but all I needed from that one were the words "something from nothing is a quantum possibility".
    Now that you have mastered GOOGLE you can find it yourself!
  14. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 21:181 edit
    Now that you have mastered GOOGLE you can find it yourself!
    I can find almost anything I'm looking for online, have been able to do that since the mid 90's. It was putting specific addresses into the google search that tripped me up. By the way, you've been a big help with this teacher wolfie, so thanks for nothing. lol

Oh, right... I almost forgot about nothing! You wanted to pretend you don't know nothing and then have me explain it to you, is that right? Very well, I'll pretend you do know how to define it and start by saying nothing (a state of nothingness) is self explanatory. Okay, now it's your turn. 😵
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 21:39
    It was putting specific addresses into the google search that tripped me up. By the way, you've been a big help with this teacher wolfie, so thanks for nothing. lol
    😵
    when given a url try putting it into your browser rather than googling 🙄

(that lesson is FREE)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree