1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 10:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    @ divesgeester, questions you have refused to answer you total hypocrite
    Surely you have to stop evading divegeester's question BEFORE you can say something like this to him?
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 10:26
    they are, the most accurate Biblical translation known to the English speaking world!
    As associate professor Jason David BeDuhn reminds us, who just happens to have
    reviewed nine of the most common English translations in his rather wonderful book,
    Truth In Translation: Accuracy and Bias in English Translations of the New
    Testament. by Jason ...[text shortened]... n_of_the_Holy_Scriptures

now what have you got to say for yourself, jaw on floor?
    I notice you left out this part of the wiki page -

BeDuhn said the introduction of the name "Jehovah" into the New Testament 237 times was "not accurate translation by the most basic principle of accuracy", and that it "violate[s] accuracy in favor of denominationally preferred expressions for God", adding that for the NWT to gain wider acceptance and prove its worth its translators might have to abandon the use of "Jehovah" in the New Testament.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 10:34
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I notice you left out this part of the wiki page -

BeDuhn said the introduction of the name "Jehovah" into the New Testament 237 times was "[b]not accurate translation by the most basic principle of accuracy", and that it "violate[s] accuracy in favor of denominationally preferred expressions for God", adding that for the NWT to gain wider ...[text shortened]... its translators might have to abandon the use of "Jehovah" in the New Testament.
    [/b]
    yes I know, i have read his book. His main objection is that the name does not occur
    in the original Greek manuscripts, never the less, it does occur in the Hebrew text and
    there are many direct quotations from it in the Greek portion of scripture and we have
    undertaken a diligent study in order to restore the divine name to its original place
    from whence it was removed by unscrupulous translation, in all of some three hundred
    instances where we we have restored the divine name we have references for doing so
    in every case except for one. Admit it, we are awesome.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 10:351 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Surely you have to stop evading divegeester's question BEFORE you can say something like this to him?
    I have told him i am uninterested in his questions, they lead not to anything fruitful but
    contentions, if he has a biblical reference then fine, otherwise, concerning our beliefs,
    he can visit www.watchtower.org and have a pleasant day. Jesus himself refused to
    answer questions when his went unanswered!
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 10:39
    I have told him i am uninterested in his questions, they lead not to anything fruitful but
    contentions...
    So you won't answer his question but you call HIM a hypocrite? That doesn't seem right, robbie.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 10:411 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you won't answer his question but you call HIM a hypocrite? That doesn't seem right, robbie.
    ok, as you wish and yes i call him a hypocrite, for his accusations are on the basis that
    we refuse to answer questions when he himself has done the very same thing, what
    would you call it?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 10:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    I will answer any scriptural question that anyone has.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 10:49
    ok, as you wish and yes i call him a hypocrite, for his accusations are on the basis that
    we refuse to answer questions when he himself has done the very same thing, what
    would you call it?
    I would call it evasion on your part on this thread. Almost comically so. divegeester as a matter of routine talks about his beliefs and answers questions. On this thread your efforts to evade answering a point blank question have been conspicuously unconvincing to me, as an observer. Just saying.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 10:53
    i have given these scriptural references, its enough, we dont need to debate anything, we have our beliefs, we are very happy with them...
    Well, OK. You don't want to answer the question about your beliefs if it's divegeester who is asking it. So how put your personal thing with him aside: how about if I ask? Is it possible for a non-Jehovah's Witness to enter the heaven, or inherit the paradise Earth that you often talk about?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 10:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    I would call it evasion on your part on this thread. Almost comically so. divegeester as a matter of routine talks about his beliefs and answers questions. On this thread your efforts to evade answering a point blank question have been conspicuously unconvincing to me, as an observer. Just saying.
    You can call it what you like, if there is a scriptural basis for his question, then let him
    produce it, the Bibles a rather large book, surely he can find a single verse on which to
    base his question, if there is none then there is nothing to discuss.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 10:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, OK. You don't want to answer the question about your beliefs if it's divegeester who is asking it. So how put your personal thing with him aside: how about if I ask? Is it possible for a non-Jehovah's Witness to enter the heaven, or inherit the paradise Earth that you often talk about?
    do you have a scriptural basis for your question? please produce the reference and we
    can discuss it, otherwise, why are you asking me about a belief that is not scripturally
    based? our beliefs are based on scripture and it therefore becomes necessary to
    produce the reference, will you now do so.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 10:57
    You can call it what you like, if there is a scriptural basis for his question, then let him
    produce it, the Bibles a rather large book, surely he can find a single verse on which to
    base his question, if there is none then there is nothing to discuss.
    He's asking about your belief, robbie. What risk do you run by answering the question? I cannot understand why you would be willing to come across as so furtive about it. Honestly. What pressure are you under here which is not immediately clear to those of us observing your evasive behaviour?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 11:001 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    He's asking about your belief, robbie. What risk do you run by answering the question? I cannot understand why you would be willing to come across as so furtive about it. Honestly. What pressure are you under here which is not immediately clear to those of us observing your evasive behaviour?
    where is the scriptural reference to the question, if there is none, then its not my belief,
    my beliefs are based on scripture, the reference FMF, where is the scriptural
    reference? I am under no pressure whatsoever FMF, until you produce a scriptural
    reference the onus is not on me, but you to state why you are asking me questions not
    about my beliefs, but what you presume them to be.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 11:00
    do you have a scriptural basis for your question? please produce the reference and we
    can discuss it, otherwise, why are you asking me about a belief that is not scripturally
    based? our beliefs are based on scripture and it therefore becomes necessary to
    produce the reference, will you now do so.
    What are your beliefs with regard to Jehovah's Witnesses inheriting the paradise Earth - which you often mention - and what are your beliefs with regard to non-Jehovah's Witnesses doing so?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 11:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    What are your beliefs with regard to Jehovah's Witnesses inheriting the paradise Earth - which you often mention - and what are your beliefs with regard to non-Jehovah's Witnesses doing so?
    What does the Bible say, do you have a reference?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree