Questions on morality

Questions on morality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
20 Feb 17

apathist: What do you bring to the table.

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
The bread of life.
Do you believe that "Jesus", to some degree or in some way, is reflected in your behaviour here in this community?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
20 Feb 17
5 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Do you believe that "Jesus", to some degree or in some way, is reflected in your behaviour here in this community?
If you can't choose to believe in Him what is the point of your question?

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies."

Belief in Jesus is a choice. You can carry on and believe the lie that you cannot choose to believe in Jesus. That is ultimately your choice.

F

Moves
20 Feb 17

If you can't choose to believe in Him what is the point of your question?
I am asking you how you perceive yourself and your behaviour here in the context of propagating your religious beliefs. Were you really unable to discern that that was the point of my question?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
20 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
I am asking you how you perceive yourself and your behaviour here in the context of propagating your religious beliefs. Were you really unable to discern that that was the point of my question?
I think I know what your point is. You feel cornered so now you want to change the topic. I'm not falling for your tricks. 😴

F

Moves
20 Feb 17

I think I know what your point is. You feel cornered so now you want to change the topic. I'm not falling for your tricks. 😴
I want to change the topic ~ and I make no secret of it ~ because you know what my viewpoint is and I know what your viewpoint is. You repeating yourself is not as interesting or as worthwhile as you seem to think it is.

My question is, when it comes to "Questions on morality", do you see yourself as, in some way, doing work here on Jesus' behalf?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
20 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
I want to change the topic ~ and I make no secret of it ~ because you know what my viewpoint is and I know what your viewpoint is. You repeating yourself is not as interesting or as worthwhile as you seem to think it is.

My question is, when it comes to "Questions on morality", do you see yourself as, in some way, doing work here on Jesus' behalf?
I have asked you questions on your viewpoint that you haven't answered. Why not answer them first and then change the topic?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
20 Feb 17

So you cannot weigh up evidence and apply logic to reach a decision on whether something is convincing or not?
When you became a Christian, was it merely emotionless and cold calculated reasoning that led you to accept God existed or was it that you were 'moved' or 'touched' by Him in some life transforming way? (I'm assuming the latter).

You are either touched by God or you are not touched by God. I can not choose to believe I was touched by God, when I've had no such experience, can I?

I can not choose to accept something that I find unconvincing and which has failed to move me in any discernible way.

(If you choose to respond to this post then kindly address the points I have made. Don't simply ask another question or misrepresent what I have posted).

F

Moves
20 Feb 17

I have asked you questions on your viewpoint that you haven't answered. Why not answer them first and then change the topic?
See the "Barriers to belief" thread.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
See the "Barriers to belief" thread.
Do you think God can help a person remove the barriers ?

If God didn't remove barriers keeping me from trusting Him, I sure would be an unbeliever to this very day.

What can I say? Some kind of miracle has taken place in me to enable me to believe Jesus is the Son of God, risen from the dead.

Somehow something happened in my heart and I realized - "This Person is BELIEVABLE! Jesus."

We have are different ways to try to help others to see that Jesus Christ is believable.

F

Moves
20 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
Do you think God can help a person remove the barriers ?
I am not a Christian, sonship, so you should perhaps spare me the disingenuous question. While I have acknowledged the consolation and meaning that Christian beliefs can give a person, I have no reason to believe that god has communicated with anyone in any way - including you - and so, of course, I don't think "God can help a person remove the barriers". .

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
20 Feb 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I choose if I want coffee or tea. I don't choose if I want to believe in God.

That is the bottom line. Indeed, belief in God would be quite meaningless if I could simply choose to believe in Him despite being unconvinced of His existence.
We all have that feeling or need. How would you express it, if you were free from indoctrination?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
20 Feb 17

Originally posted by apathist
We all have that feeling or need. How would you express it, if you were free from indoctrination?
I am free from indoctrination, and I don't have that feeling or need. Did you mistake me for Robbie? 😉

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Feb 17

I am free from indoctrination, and I don't have that feeling or need. Did you mistake me for Robbie? 😉
"I am free from indoctrination,.."

Then you have no moral convictions.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
20 Feb 17

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"I am free from indoctrination,.."

Then you have no moral convictions.[/b]
(Psst dude, I think you've misunderstood the meaning of indoctrination).

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Feb 17

(Psst dude, I think you've misunderstood the meaning of indoctrination).
LOL I guess I over thunk it. 😉