1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 04:021 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not a Christian, sonship, so you should perhaps spare me the disingenuous question. While I have acknowledged the consolation and meaning that Christian beliefs can give a person, I have no reason to believe that god has communicated with anyone in any way - including you - and so, of course, I don't think "God can help a person remove the barriers". .
    What criteria have you used to conclude that God has not communicated with anyone? What kind of evidence would give you a reason to believe that God has communicated with someone is some way?
  2. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 04:15
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    When you became a Christian, was it merely emotionless and cold calculated reasoning that led you to accept God existed or was it that you were 'moved' or 'touched' by Him in some life transforming way? (I'm assuming the latter).

You are either touched by God or you are not touched by God. I can not choose to believe I was touched by God, when I'v ...[text shortened]... s the points I have made. Don't simply ask another question or misrepresent what I have posted).
    I would say it is a combination of the two. I believe God has touched my life, but I also believe his existence is not beyond reason.

What would you be willing to accept as evidence of God touching someone's life? In other word what would be a 'discernable way' for God to move you?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 04:42
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    What criteria have you used to conclude that God has not communicated with anyone? What kind of evidence would give you a reason to believe that God has communicated with someone is some way?
    We have already discussed this.
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 04:513 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    We have already discussed this.
    So you have none and you don't know, yet you conclude he hasn't.🙄
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 04:59
    So you have none and you don't know, yet you conclude he hasn't.🙄
    No. I said we have already discussed this. You know what my answer is and I know what your views on it are. Neither of us need to repeat ourselves on this matter. The fact that you like to ignore what people say and then repeat yourself is boring.
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 05:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. I said we have already discussed this. You know what my answer is and I know what your views on it are. Neither of us need to repeat ourselves on this matter. The fact that you like to ignore what people say and then repeat yourself is boring.
    So we have discussed a question that I haven't asked you before. Was it maybe telepathically?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 05:09
    So we have discussed a question that I haven't asked you before. Was it maybe telepathically?
    We discussed it on previous threads.
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 09:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    We discussed it on previous threads.
    If by 'discussed' you mean I asked you and you dodged the question then we are agreed.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 09:05
    If by 'discussed' you mean I asked you and you dodged the question then we are agreed.
    See Thread 170817
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 09:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    See Thread 170817
    Yes I recall that was the thread where you dodged my question. Thanks.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 09:45
    Yes I recall that was the thread where you dodged my question. Thanks.
    Just call it how you see it. If you're right, people who've been following will know it.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 10:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    Just call it how you see it. If you're right, people who've been following will know it.
    The way I see it whenever I ask a question that you don't want to answer you claim that you answered it in another thread.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 10:52
    The way I see it whenever I ask a question that you don't want to answer you claim that you answered it in another thread.
    Maybe there will be people who see it the same way as you do.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 10:59
    I would say it is a combination of the two. I believe God has touched my life, but I also believe his existence is not beyond reason.

What would you be willing to accept as evidence of God touching someone's life? In other word what would be a 'discernable way' for God to move you?
    I accept that it is probably a combination of the two.

The 'evidence of God touching' my life would 'have' to be in the form of a personal, unambiguous and direct experience. - So far in my life I have had no such experience, therefore according to our agreed premise that a combination of reason and personal encounter (being touched/moved by God) are required, I am clearly lacking one of the key ingredients for belief. (Am I not?)

In other words I lack one of the key combinations for belief in God which prevents me 'choosing' to believe in Him. I can not base such a 'choice' on reason alone, especially when such reason is unconvincing.
  15. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 11:02
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I accept that it is probably a combination of the two.

The 'evidence of God touching' my life would 'have' to be in the form of a personal, unambiguous and direct experience. - So far in my life I have had no such experience, therefore according to our agreed premise that a combination of reason and personal encounter (being touched/moved by God) ...[text shortened]... im. I can not base such a 'choice' on reason alone, especially when such reason is unconvincing.
    If God were to touch your life if you took the first step in faith, would you consider doing it? Or do you expect him to touch your life first?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree