1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 19:27
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    You seem a little fixated there chief.
    You are the one keeping the discussion going. If you are hitting on me you are barking up the wrong tree.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 19:321 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    You are the one keeping the discussion going. If you are hitting on me you are barking up the wrong tree.
    I understand sir. We'll just pretend this glimpse into your personal life never happened.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 19:33
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I understand sir. We'll just pretend this glimpse into your personal life never happened.
    If not being a butt pirate is a glimmer..so be it.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 19:54
    If not being a butt pirate is a glimmer..so be it.
    Ghost is just trying to keep your private life private.
    You let out a secret that Im sure you did not do intentionally.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 20:39
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Ghost is just trying to keep your private life private.
    You let out a secret that Im sure you did not do intentionally.
    No secret lol.

Just like no secret you are a worthless piece of trash.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 21:20
    No secret lol.

Just like no secret you are a worthless piece of trash.
    😀
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 02:33
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Jesus is warning people to remove all obstacles to the Kingdom of God. I know its contrary to OSAS Christianity... which is just profess your faith and believe in your heart and then Jesus does the rest. Unfortunately for these Christians Jesus said no such thing.

Jesus said it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO AVOID SIN AT ALL COSTS. Its not His.. simple. .. ie a simple but effective slap in the face for that OSAS doctrine
    So if you have a quick one off the wrist...cut your hand off?

We disagree on stuff but you’re way better than this.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 02:34
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    If we are to blow our own heads off if our mind makes us sin; how many believe that? Maybe I could start a small business selling shoulder-mounted, sawed-off shotguns. With a pull string. Literal interpreters of the verse would buy 'em like hotcakes. Wherever you are, walking down the city streets or whatever. As soon as you catch your eyes wandering over to the girl in the red dress--pull the cord. *boom*

Crazy, huh? Or is it?
    IT’S A METAPHOR...
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 07:431 edit
    There is a terminating power of the cross in the Holy Spirit.

There is in the Holy Spirit not only a germinating power or a giving life power. But there is also a killing off, terminating power in the Spirit of Christ.

A Christian has to learn to tap into that terminating power to "kill off" some germs of the old way of living.

This is the real cutting off the troublesome member of the body. Paul experienced this and wrote to help OTHERS find this out as well.

"For if you live according to the flesh, you must die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the practices of the body, you will live." (Romans 8:13)

BY the Holy Spirit - put to death - the practices of the body -so that life may be spontaneous, lively, free, "you will live".

This opposed to weakness, bondage, slavery to habit - "you must die."
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 07:562 edits
    There is a terminating power in the Holy Spirit.

The believer must see that when Christ died on the cross a killing power; a terminating power, a putting to death power was included in His becoming the Spirit of Christ.

In this way Paul SAW and stood by faith on the truth which became effective to him - he had died with Christ, He had been crucified and buried with Christ. The old had been terminated by Christ in Christ's being nailed to the cross.

He said he did not want the Christians to be ignorant of this.

"Or are you ignorant that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?

We have been buried therefore with Him through baptism into His death, in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so also we might walk in newness of life." (Rom. 6:3,4)

All the promises of God in the New Testament are secured in experience by faith on our side and God's faithfulness on His side.

We SEE.
    We STAND on the promise.
    God HONORS our faith and our standing on His word.

" Lord Jesus, You know that I am about to sin in this thing. Lord I am tempted. But Lord Jesus You know that I have been CRUCIFIED with You. Thankyou Lord. I have been BURIED with You. Lord Jesus my bad habit has been put to death by YOUR crucifixion on the cross. Thankyou Lord for killing off my sinning with your wonderful terminating death.

Thankyou Lord I, with You, am raised to walk in newness of spiritual life. Amen."

Christ makes His home in our hearts through faith.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 08:01
    Don't gouge out your eye.
    Don't take a chain saw to your foot.

Learn with Paul that you have been crucified with Christ.
    Learn that in the Spirit of Christ is the mighty killing off power of His terminating death.

Member by member, by the Holy Spirit, put to death the practices of the body.

This is a cutting out of the motive because you TAKE Jesus to be YOU.

I said you actually take Jesus Christ to be YOU. And that is precisely what God wants. He only wants Jesus and He is only satisfied with His Son Jesus.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 08:542 edits
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Don't take a chain saw to your foot.

Learn that in the Spirit of Christ is the mighty killing off power of His terminating death.

Member by member, by the Holy Spirit, put to death the practices of the body.

This is a cutting out of the motive because you TAKE J ...[text shortened]... t is precisely what God wants. He only wants Jesus and He is only satisfied with His Son Jesus.
    Is Matthew 18:8 literal or methaphor sonship.

It’s a yes or no answer and we all know why you won’t give one 🙂

(Refer to my second post in this thread)
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 08:58
    No..but I don't know how many guys you swallow.
    Oh dear me....is your flabby little masculinity under threat Eladar?

😵
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jul '18 01:466 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Is Matthew 18:8 literal or methaphor sonship.

It’s a yes or no answer and we all know why you won’t give one 🙂

(Refer to my second post in this thread)
    I wrote just above -

Don't take a chainsaw to your foot.

I think it has a non-literal element in it.

It is literal in its suggestion that the route cause of one's sinning should be dealt with a seriousness at any cost for the kingdom of the heavens. That is not metaphorical.

That the specific geographic area known in Israel as the Valley of Hinnon or "Gahenna" in the southwestern corner of the old city of Jerusalem will be the specific defeated one's location of punishment, is metaphorical of something bad happening to him in the next age.

You can see a photograph of the place here -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gehenna

Was this suppose to be some really devastating conclusive question proving ___________ !?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '18 06:00
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I think it has a non-literal element in it.
    It is literal in its suggestion that the route cause of one's sinning should be dealt with a seriousness at any cost for the kingdom of the heavens. That is not metaphorical.
    Half of matthew 18:8 is literal and half is metaphorical, is that what you are saying?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree