1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 16:55
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    My praise was not false, I agreed with the words he wrote, for that matter I had to agree
    with Rajk999 as well for what he said. I'm not going to disagree with what I believe to be
    true simply because the person that said it doesn't share my faith. Truth will be truth no
    matter what, it doesn't depend on how I view anyone or not.

I know people can us ...[text shortened]... low of this discussion I did not see that,
    it doesn't mean it isn't there, but I didn't see it.
    Then you agree with God wanting personal stregnth of chatacter. You do not know what you believe. You are wishy washy and flip flop.

You have been admonished do with it what you will.
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 17:401 edit
    Neither the hand nor the foot can literally cause us to sin. Well, not unless they are demon-possessed at which point I guess we really should cut them off. But then we might as well go full-blown Ash on Evil Dead and strap a chainsaw to the nub our amputation left behind. But no, the hand and foot can't cause the problem. It's our hearts and minds that cause it.

That said. Are we suggesting that Matt 18:8 tells us we should blow our own heads off if we sin?
  3. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 18:03
    If we are to blow our own heads off if our mind makes us sin; how many believe that? Maybe I could start a small business selling shoulder-mounted, sawed-off shotguns. With a pull string. Literal interpreters of the verse would buy 'em like hotcakes. Wherever you are, walking down the city streets or whatever. As soon as you catch your eyes wandering over to the girl in the red dress--pull the cord. *boom*

Crazy, huh? Or is it?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 18:04
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Then you agree with God wanting personal stregnth of chatacter. You do not know what you believe. You are wishy washy and flip flop.

You have been admonished do with it what you will.
    'And the boy Samuel continued to grow in stature and in favor with the LORD and with people.' (1 Samuel 2:26)

'Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways.' (Proverbs 28:6).

Sorry to hear you don't recognize the importance to God of personal stature and integrity.

(You have been publicly admonished by an atheist. Do with it what you will).
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 18:47
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    If we are to blow our own heads off if our mind makes us sin; how many believe that? Maybe I could start a small business selling shoulder-mounted, sawed-off shotguns. With a pull string. Literal interpreters of the verse would buy 'em like hotcakes. Wherever you are, walking down the city streets or whatever. As soon as you catch your eyes wandering over to the girl in the red dress--pull the cord. *boom*

Crazy, huh? Or is it?
    Is that typical of Christians of the OSAS type ie constantly making fun of what Jesus said, denying his commandments, twisting his teachings, adding in stuff which he never said?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 18:51
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    'And the boy Samuel continued to grow in stature and in favor with the LORD and with people.' (1 Samuel 2:26)

'Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways.' (Proverbs 28:6).

Sorry to hear you don't recognize the importance to God of personal stature and integrity.

(You have been publicly admonished by an atheist. Do with it what you will).
    Lol you ate such a prick.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 18:55
    What did you eat? 😀
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 18:57
    What you choose to 'eat' in your private life sir is entirely your own business.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 18:59
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    What did you eat? 😀
    He spoke of flip-flops earlier and I fear he may have inadvertently swallowed one.
  10. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 19:03
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Is that typical of Christians of the OSAS type ie constantly making fun of what Jesus said, denying his commandments, twisting his teachings, adding in stuff which he never said?
    No, it's typical of someone in debate that uses hyperbole to get a point across. But in your condition, you wouldn't understand any of that, it's ok.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 19:07
    Yeah this phone does that typo quite a bit.

Was supposed to be you are such a prick.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 19:09
    Yeah this phone does that typo quite a bit.

Was supposed to be you are such a prick.
    Or perhaps,.....Freudian slip?

😕
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 19:16
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Or perhaps,.....Freudian slip?

😕
    No..but I don't know how many guys you swallow.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 19:21
    No..but I don't know how many guys you swallow.
    You seem a little fixated there chief.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 19:27
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    No, it's typical of someone in debate that uses hyperbole to get a point across. But in your condition, you wouldn't understand any of that, it's ok.
    And your point is that Jesus did not mean what he said.
    So why not come out and say clearly what Jesus meant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree