1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 16:56
    YouTube

If Jesus came back and you were still alive and about 500 million people were disappeared would you then believe?

The bible claims that from Adam to Jesus was about 4,000 years. So my guess is that from Jesus resurrection to His second coming will be lessthen 4,000 years. So I could say that Jesus is coming back sometime in the next 2,000 years.
  2. Standard memberjoneschr
    Some guy
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 17:231 edit
    If Jesus came back and made 500 million people disappear, would I believe in him? Sort of seems like an obvious answer. But, yes.

That doesn't mean I think that's at all likely to happen.

If Darth Vader came to Earth and had his death star orbit earth, would you believe in him?
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 17:25
    Originally posted by joneschr
    If Jesus came back and made 500 million people disappear, would I believe in him? Sort of seems like an obvious answer. But, yes.

That doesn't mean I think that's at all likely to happen.

If Darth Vader came to Earth and had his death star orbit earth, would you believe in him?
    I mean so then you would repent and turn to Him then, am I right in saying that?
  4. Standard memberjoneschr
    Some guy
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 17:26
    Yes, I imagine I'd also take up the Jedi ways if Darth Vader came.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 17:28
    Yes, I imagine I'd also take up the Jedi ways if Darth Vader came.
    But from a biblical point of view, I believe we humans are the only ones in the universe.
  6. Standard memberjoneschr
    Some guy
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 17:31
    Sure, and the bible says that Jesus will return. John 14:1-3.

But I'm not sure where you're going with this.
  7. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 17:53
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmLhyPjHVes

If Jesus came back and you were still alive and about 500 million people were disappeared would you then believe?

The bible claims that from Adam to Jesus was about 4,000 years. So my guess is that from Jesus resurrection to His second coming will be lessthen 4,000 years. So I could say that Jesus is coming back sometime in the next 2,000 years.
    If he doesn't come back inside the next 2000 years, will you stop believing in him?
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 17:57
    Sure, and the bible says that Jesus will return. John 14:1-3.

But I'm not sure where you're going with this.
    I wasn't going anywhere with this, I was just asking a question.
  9. Standard memberjoneschr
    Some guy
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 17:59
    Well, then he'll be dead, so the choice will become pretty clear for him.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 18:00
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    If he doesn't come back inside the next 2000 years, will you stop believing in him?
    I think I won't be here in the next 2,000 years. Even with nanobots I would probably only live 200 more years.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 18:03
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmLhyPjHVes

Believe what? That there is an apparition in the sky on a cloud who resembles the most popular form of "Jesus"?

You know apparently some non-existent grey aliens were planning something just like that . They were going to try fool the humans with a hologram!
    Seems they've scrapped the idea because they realized we'd see through their attempt.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 18:08
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Believe what? That there is an apparition in the sky on a cloud who resembles the most popular form of "Jesus"?

You know apparently some non-existent grey aliens were planning something just like that . They were going to try fool the humans with a hologram!
    Seems they've scrapped the idea because they realized we'd see through their attempt.
    So you are telling me that if people disappeared you would think it was because of aliens?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 18:10
    So you are telling me that if people disappeared you would think it was because of aliens?
    No, I'm saying that some aliens were experimenting with the idea of controlling the human race via a hologram in the sky of Jesus.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 18:12
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    No, I'm saying that some aliens were experimenting with the idea of controlling the human race via a hologram in the sky of Jesus.
    That could be demonic. Like if a a white puffy thing looked like mary.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 18:19
    Obviously it depends on whether the evidence warrants the belief. If 500 million people just disappeared and there was no indication that Jesus was responsible, then I think he would be way down the list of possible explanations. Aliens would be higher up but nowhere near the top. I would put some sort of human planned hoax nearest the top, and personal insanity a bit further down (but above aliens and Jesus).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree