Rapture - ? for the atheist

Rapture - ? for the atheist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
11 Feb 11

Originally posted by RBHILL
Don't forget God can not be mocked.

Atheist's are not closet Christians.
Of course it can.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
11 Feb 11
1 edit

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
EDIT - That's what I got from the map in that link, but the text is closer to your number:

about 5000 to 4000 B.C. came a worldwide phenomenon called the Flandrian Transgression, which caused a sudden rise in sea level. The Gulf began to fill with water and actually reached its modern-day level about 4000 B.C., having swallowed Eden and all the g upward into the southern legions of today's Iraq and Iran.

http://ldolphin.org/eden/
So people think that the Garden my be where the promised land is.

R

California

Moves
11 Feb 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Agerg
Of course it can.
but in the end you will be punished unless you repent and turn to Jesus.

Why would you want to mock the one that gave you life?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
11 Feb 11
1 edit

If Moses was about 1500 Bc. then from Adam to Noah coming out of the Ark is 1656 years. And from taht date to Moses is about 900 years so 1656+900=2556
so 1500+900 is about 2400 and 2400+1656 is about 4060.
I haven't pinpointed the probably years of those individuals yet, sorry. One of these days I'll take a stab at it.

EDIT - In any cast trying to estimate most of these dates to anything more than the closest 500 years or so is unrealistic.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
11 Feb 11
1 edit

So people think that the Garden my be where the promised land is.
No, they think the Garden is under the seafloor of the Persian Gulf (edit - just off the coast of Kuwait).

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
11 Feb 11
3 edits

Never said I wanted to (though your notion of god does seem a bit of an idiot), just objecting to your statement that it cannot be mocked. That aside though, what exactly would I have to lose in taking the p!ss out of it? Just for the crime of not believing it exists I'm supposedly going to burn forever and ever and ever and ever and ...

anyway :]

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
11 Feb 11

If God does not exist, explain speaking in tongues to me then?
You are awesome!

s

Lowlands paradise

Moves
11 Feb 11

Originally posted by Agerg
Of course it can.
Only when you are a fan of Don Quichotte 😉

P

Moves
11 Feb 11

Can we get back to the main point? I think the original question was 'if the rapture happened, millions of Christians disappeared and Christ appeared and made it clear who he was, would us atheists then change our mind and believe in him'?

I think a few of the atheists said that we would (although we did not at present believe it would actually happen and we may be a little annoyed with this deity) but the question was then turned around: if millions of Muslims disappeared and Mohammed, or Allah himself appeared and stated that he had transported all the true believers to paradise, would RHBill then convert to Islam?

RHBills response was that he did not believe it would happen (just like the atheists said) but he has refused to actually answer his own question.

Will he now answer his own question or own up to his hypocrasy?

--- Penguin.

R

California

Moves
11 Feb 11

Originally posted by Penguin
Can we get back to the main point? I think the original question was 'if the rapture happened, millions of Christians disappeared and Christ appeared and made it clear who he was, would us atheists then change our mind and believe in him'?

I think a few of the atheists said that we would (although we did not at present believe it would actually happen and ...[text shortened]... question.

Will he now answer his own question or own up to his hypocrasy?

--- Penguin.
what ?

P

Moves
11 Feb 11

what ?
TWhitehead said:

If those that disappeared were all Muslim would you:
1. Become a Muslim and worship Allah.
2. Think it was a conspiracy of the US government.
3. Think it was terrorists that have gone into hiding.
4. Assume they have been taken to hell by the Devil.
5. Other.

This is essentially the same hypothetical question you asked of us. Do you think you could answer it?

--- Penguin

R

California

Moves
11 Feb 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Penguin
TWhitehead said:

If those that disappeared were all Muslim would you:
1. Become a Muslim and worship Allah.
2. Think it was a conspiracy of the US government.
3. Think it was terrorists that have gone into hiding.
4. Assume they have been taken to hell by the Devil.
5. Other.

This is essentially the same hypothetical question you asked of us. Do you think you could answer it?

--- Penguin
I have already told you that Muslims started because the Catholics used to fight against the Christians in the crusades. So i know Muslims will not disappear there god allah is a dead god.

But if you make me chose one it would be 4.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Feb 11

One reason would be to challenge false paradigms.

I have often asked the christian god to strike me by lightening,(or maybe something more mundane), make me trip or have an "accident". Perhaps "he" could even talk to me directly, to correct my errors. The ongoing silence/non-answer is begining to really test my faith.

Either there is no christian god, or I am on the right track as only good things have happened to me when challenging this god.
It's all good for me either way, it seems 🙂

R

California

Moves
11 Feb 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
One reason would be to challenge false paradigms.

I have often asked the christian god to strike me by lightening,(or maybe something more mundane), make me trip or have an "accident". Perhaps "he" could even talk to me directly, to correct my errors. The ongoing silence/non-answer is begining to really test my faith.

Either there is no christian ...[text shortened]... ave happened to me when challenging this god.
It's all good for me either way, it seems 🙂
The Bible says not to say things as though they were and that God is patient with you.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
11 Feb 11

what ?
Most excellent post. I could not have possibly been more succinct in crafting a response.