1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 02:26
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Actually I feel very positive about the future of this planet as the Bible says it will be brought back to the condition it was before man sinned.
    Well you come across as wretchedly pessimistic. I find it alienating. Do you attract or convert people to your creed by sharing your relentless negativity (and, I would say, misanthropy) and then suddenly saying "I feel very positive about the future" when called on it? Does this work for you on the doorsteps?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 02:26
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    How bout 1000 years ago? Inquisition, pope selling indulgences, crusades, burning witches, great time back then wasn't it.
    A very small event compaired to the worlds problems now..... But I don't expect you or the other couple of deniers of reality to ever agree. The Bible noted that there would be many that would deny the clear facts. So nothing new here reguarding that fact.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 02:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well you come across as wretchedly pessimistic. I find it alienating. Do you attract or convert people to your creed by sharing your relentless negativity (and, I would say, misanthropy) and then suddenly saying "I feel very positive about the future" when called on it? Does this work for you on the doorsteps?
    If one is wanting a better world to live in and raise their familys, yes it usually makes them interested in learning more and it gives them hope that the problems we all face will be done away with.
    Perhaps a little time reading the 21st chapter of Revelation might touch a nerve in you, who knows?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 02:35
    Perhaps a little time reading the 21st chapter of Revelation might touch a nerve in you, who knows?
    As far as I am concerned Revelation was written by ecclesiatical technocrats seeking to fill in 'the gaps' in terms of fear-mongering tools and manipulative obscurantism needed by corporate Christianity.

Anyway, you sidestepped my question: Do you attract or convert people to your creed by sharing your relentless negativity and misanthropy (as I see it) and then suddenly saying "I feel very positive about the future" when called on it? Does this work for you when you go door to door?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 02:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    As far as I am concerned Revelation was written by ecclesiatical technocrats seeking to fill in 'the gaps' in terms of fear-mongering tools and manipulative obscurantism needed by corporate Christianity.

Anyway, you sidestepped my question: Do you attract or convert people to your creed by sharing your relentless negativity and misanthropy (as I see it) and ...[text shortened]... sitive about the future" when called on it? Does this work for you when you go door to door?
    I did answer you.....
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 02:55
    I did answer you.....
    No. You talked about people being "interested". Do you convert people to your religious creed by using your negativity and pessimism? You are dodging my question.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 02:56
    If one is wanting a better world to live in and raise their familys, yes it usually makes them interested in learning more and it gives them hope that the problems we all face will be done away with.
    If you came to my doorstep with your dreary sneering monologue about doom and gloom, I would deduce that the problem was with you; its purpose seems more to do with your own personal psychology than about objective analysis of the state of the world. I see myself as positive, optimistic, focussed on progress and improvement and the potential of human spirit. The religious bromides and denunciations you offer are a spiritual and intellectual turn off. Do people ever tell you that on the doorsteps?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 03:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. You talked about people being "interested". Do you convert people to your religious creed by using your negativity and pessimism? You are dodging my question.
    I did answer you but to clear it up we do not convert anyone. We simply show them what the bible offers and the hope it offers for the future which many do not know about. And believe it or not that is a good thing for ones to learn about God, develope a relationship with him and to give them hope that the world does not offer on any level.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 03:031 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you came to my doorstep with your dreary sneering monologue about doom and gloom, I would deduce that the problem was with you; its purpose seems more to do with your own personal psychology than about objective analysis of the state of the world. I see myself as positive, optimistic, focussed on progress and improvement and the potential of human spirit. The ...[text shortened]... offer are a spiritual and intellectual turn off. Do people ever tell you that on the doorsteps?
    We don't have to preach anything about the doom and gloom of this world. Most can see that themselves by reading or watching the news.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 03:03
    I did answer you but to clear it up we do not convert anyone.
    So in fact there is no way to assess the impact or benefit of what you do.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 03:06
    We don't have to preach anything about the doom and gloom of this world. Most can see that themselves by reading or watching the news.
    I watch the news. But I am not filled with the doom and gloom you propagate on this web site. I feel much more positive about life and the world than you do. I can only put this difference down to your personal concoction of religiosity and psychology.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 03:10
    And believe it or not that is a good thing for ones to learn about God, develope a relationship with him and to give them hope that the world does not offer on any level.
    The world does not give people, who have a different belief system from you, any "hope [...] on any level"?

Do you have your tongue in cheek?

This kind of suffocating and enormously condescending outlook works for you when you knock on strangers' doors?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 03:31
    Why don't you lobby the people who produce "the news", from which you derive your world view, to balance the "doom and gloom" they feed you with, with an increased amount of content that is more generous of spirit and more positive and life-affirming?
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 04:341 edit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta8HaHP_9rE&feature=related

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_zone_(ecology)

http://ecological-problems.blogspot.com/2010/09/dead-zones-increasing-in-united-states.html

How terrible. Many here say things have not gotten worse but man has gone beyond God in our wonderful and highly educated ways we now enjoy. Right!!!!!!!
    "A New Age interpretation of this transition is that this date [21 Dec 2012] marks the start of time in which Earth and its inhabitants may undergo a positive physical or spiritual transformation, and that 2012 may mark the beginning of a new era. Others suggest that the 2012 date marks the end of the world or a similar catastrophe. Scenarios suggested for the end of the world include the arrival of the next solar maximum, or Earth's collision with a black hole or passing asteroid, or with a planet called "Nibiru"."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 05:36
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta8HaHP_9rE&feature=related

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_zone_(ecology)

http://ecological-problems.blogspot.com/2010/09/dead-zones-increasing-in-united-states.html

How terrible. Many here say things have not gotten worse but man has gone beyond God in our wonderful and highly educated ways we now enjoy. Right!!!!!!!
    When you say "soon" would you care to put a date on it, or don't you guys do that anymore?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree