1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 18:513 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    And when do you think this will start to happen because it aint so far?

Sure we have really cool phones that can do almost anything we can think of, awesome SUV's that can do almost 200 MPH and carry all the kids and even the family dog.
    Fighter jets that can blow a town off the map all by it's self or even better an aircraft carrier that could d ll this stuff out and make this planet a decent place to live??????????????
    NEVER.......
    “...And when do you think this will start to happen because it aint so far? ...”

I didn't say it WOULD happen; I would say we SHOULD make it happen.
    Of course, if anyone IS waiting for a god to sort out the mess, it might help if they stopped waiting and started thinking about actually doing something.

“...Sure we have really cool phones that can do almost anything we can think of, awesome SUV's that can do almost 200 MPH and carry all the kids and even the family dog. ..."

what would make you think I would be impressed by such things or value such things? -I am not and didn’t imply otherwise.
    -and I do not have a mobile phone nor a SUV and never had either.

"...Fighter jets that can blow a town off the map all by it's self or even better an aircraft carrier that could destroy whole countries. Wow!!!!...."

-and I fear that some crazed religious nut might one day make that happen.
    If everyone was rational then that would never happen -but there are an awful lot of dangerously delusional people out there.

"...We are about to run out of antibiotics that will fight even the simpliest of the flu viruses...."

antibiotics do not work against viruses including the flu virus and has never been used against the flu virus so we are not
    "about to run out of antibiotics that will fight even the simpliest of the flu viruses" as you said because we never had such antibiotics that fight "even the simpliest of the flu viruses".
    Antibiotics only work against BACTERIA and not viruses. You are probably misremembering stuff about antibiotic resistant bacteria which is a real problem and can only be solved by a mixture of avoiding unwise usage of antibiotics and science coming up with alternatives to antibiotics such as phage medicine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacteriophage
    "...They have been used for over 90 years as an alternative to antibiotics in the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe as well as in France.[4] They are seen as a possible therapy against multi-drug-resistant strains of many bacteria....."

again, I would not say it WILL happen, I would only say we SHOULD make it happen.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 18:52
    Lol. So you read the same bible I do, call yourself a Christian but yet you seem to be putting faith in man to solve our problems instead of God and his son who the bible clearly says will be instramental in the new heavans and new earth that will "bring to ruin those ruining the earth".
    How can you read these scriptures along with the other promisses ...[text shortened]... ible holds for humans that are described in the 21st chapter of Revelation and not understand?
    Do you sit at home and pray all day? Do you not work? Did you get your computer and internet access entirely through prayer? If you did not put your faith in God to solve those problems, why is it different when it is the environment? Why, do so many Christians refuse to do anything about global problems because they think God will sort it out for them, but when it comes to their own needs, they are quite ready to work for it?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 19:41
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Do you sit at home and pray all day? Do you not work? Did you get your computer and internet access entirely through prayer? If you did not put your faith in God to solve those problems, why is it different when it is the environment? Why, do so many Christians refuse to do anything about global problems because they think God will sort it out for them, but when it comes to their own needs, they are quite ready to work for it?
    No I don't sit and pray all day and whether I work or not is really not your business is it? And I have complete faith that God will solve all the worlds problems that man has brought upon oursleves with the influance of Satan. And how do you know I don't do anything about the worlds problems? Kind of stereotyping here aren't you?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Mar '12 06:21
    No I don't sit and pray all day and whether I work or not is really not your business is it? And I have complete faith that God will solve all the worlds problems that man has brought upon oursleves with the influance of Satan. And how do you know I don't do anything about the worlds problems? Kind of stereotyping here aren't you?
    Either you have complete faith that God will solve the worlds problems (and do nothing about them) or you do not have complete faith. You cannot have it both ways.
    Whether you work or not is not my business, can you at least say whether you work towards supporting yourself or do you leave it all up to God? When God helps you, does he create money out of thin air, or does the money come from people who do work? Are you therefore dependent on members of other denominations/religions for your survival?
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    28 Mar '12 09:36
    “...And I have complete faith that God will solve all the worlds problems that man has brought upon oursleves ...”

Look, you said:

“...And when do you think this will start to happen because it aint so far? ...”

where you are referring to our suggestion that we alone ( without a god ) could sort out our problems and you are obviously implying here in the above the flawed logic that it could never happen because it hasn't happened yet.
    OK, if that logic is not flawed, then, using the same logic, I could reply to your suggestion that 'God' will sort out the mess we have made in the modern world with:

where I am referring to your suggestion that only a god ( and NOT we alone) could sort out our problems and I am now obviously implying here in the above exactly the same logic ( that I say is flawed -although the premise that there is a god is also flawed as well ) that it could never happen because it hasn't happened yet.

Well? When do you think 'God' will start to make it happen? And does the fact 'he' hasn't started yet mean that 'he' will never get started? -if not, then your original 'deduction' for arguing we cannot do it alone is flawed. -and I repeat myself; I am NOT saying we WILL sort out the mess alone, but I would say we ( morally ) SHOULD do so -because nobody else exists that will do it for us.
    And we CAN do so if only we all pull together and put a concerted effort into it -again, I am not saying we WILL.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Mar '12 09:47
    Originally posted by rwingett
    The hope that god will 'soon step in' is nonsense. God is waiting for you to step up.
    Yes, "step in" in a Christian way, of course. HalleluYah !!! 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree