1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 10:22
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Yes I see where being "just us" has gotten us. Pretty pathetic world we've made for ourselves haven't we?
    As long as there is money and greed it will only continue down this bottomless pit of what we've created.
    -yes, and if we just wait for a non-existent god to sort out the mess we made, we will continue this way.
    On the other hand, if we wakeup to the fact that it is up to “just us” ( as you say ) , we might actually start doing something to make a better future for ourselves.
  2. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 11:20
    I feel very happy about my life, which is generally pretty good. It is a shame I am let down by being an atheist.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 12:06
    I read clearly what you said. But you are implying that God does not care about this earth and he will not step in and correct the problems here. ????
    I said no such thing. The environmental problems are being addressed. The problem with you doom and gloom false prophets is that your heads are so far in the sand that you cannot see when solutions are being implemented.

In fact Im sure you secretly hope that the world will go deeper into problems which cannot be fixed.

But the bad new for people like you is that the world is becoming a better place to live as we speak ..
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 13:09
    Originally posted by rwingett
    The hope that god will 'soon step in' is nonsense. God is waiting for you to step up.
    your like saying that God helps those who helps themselves.

That is false.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 14:19
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    your like saying that God helps those who helps themselves.

That is false.
    In Mark 5, there is a story of a sickly woman who heard of Jesus and pushed her way through the crowd to touch him. How many sickly women were there in the time of Christ who heard Christ and did nothing to meet him .. must be many. Those who stayed at home and waited for God to help them were not helped.

In Proverbs and Ecclesiastes, there are dozens of statements about the benefits of hard work, persistence and determination and contrariwise about lazy sluggards who sit on their laurels and wait for others to do things.

God helps those who get off their butt and helps themselves.

If that statement is false please quote some references to support your conclusion.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 14:28
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    In Mark 5, there is a story of a sickly woman who heard of Jesus and pushed her way through the crowd to touch him. How many sickly women were there in the time of Christ who heard Christ and did nothing to meet him .. must be many. Those who stayed at home and waited for God to help them were not helped.

In Proverbs and Ecclesiastes, there are dozens of ...[text shortened]... emselves.

If that statement is false please quote some references to support your conclusion.
    Then as Christians we should stop helping all the Africans in Africa.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 15:59
    Then as Christians we should stop helping all the Africans in Africa.
    Why should helping yourself stop you from helping others ?

Do you think its possible to do both?

Both help yourself AND help others?

Take your time and rack your brain .. might be hard for you.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 16:01
    I said no such thing. The environmental problems are being addressed. The problem with you doom and gloom false prophets is that your heads are so far in the sand that you cannot see when solutions are being implemented.

In fact Im sure you secretly hope that the world will go deeper into problems which cannot be fixed.

But the bad new for people like you is that the world is becoming a better place to live as we speak ..
    Lol. So you read the same bible I do, call yourself a Christian but yet you seem to be putting faith in man to solve our problems instead of God and his son who the bible clearly says will be instramental in the new heavans and new earth that will "bring to ruin those ruining the earth".
    How can you read these scriptures along with the other promisses the bible holds for humans that are described in the 21st chapter of Revelation and not understand?
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 16:161 edit
    Why should helping yourself stop you from helping others ?

Do you think its possible to do both?

Both help yourself AND help others?

Take your time and rack your brain .. might be hard for you.
    I am saying stop helping them, so that God will help them. But God uses the Christians to help others. Some not all Africans can't help themselves so we go in there to help them.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 17:09
    I am saying stop helping them, so that God will help them. But God uses the Christians to help others. Some not all Africans can't help themselves so we go in there to help them.
    God will only help them if nobody is helping them? What utter garbage !
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 17:12
    Lol. So you read the same bible I do, call yourself a Christian but yet you seem to be putting faith in man to solve our problems instead of God and his son who the bible clearly says will be instramental in the new heavans and new earth that will "bring to ruin those ruining the earth".
    How can you read these scriptures along with the other promisses ...[text shortened]... ible holds for humans that are described in the 21st chapter of Revelation and not understand?
    Faith in God does not mean complacency. Lazy people and doomsayers use faith as a crutch for their sluggard lives and their prophesies of doom.

Still no references. Do you have a reference for this ..

the bible clearly says will be instramental in the new heavans and new earth that will "bring to ruin those ruining the earth".

Where did the Bible clearly say that ?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 17:26
    Originally posted by humy
    -yes, and if we just wait for a non-existent god to sort out the mess we made, we will continue this way.
    On the other hand, if we wakeup to the fact that it is up to “just us” ( as you say ) , we might actually start doing something to make a better future for ourselves.
    And when do you think this will start to happen because it aint so far?

Sure we have really cool phones that can do almost anything we can think of, awesome SUV's that can do almost 200 MPH and carry all the kids and even the family dog.
    Fighter jets that can blow a town off the map all by it's self or even better an aircraft carrier that could destroy whole countries. Wow!!!!.
    As I've mentioned a floating island of plastic in the Pacific that is the size of Texas and will only get bigger as it continues to kill all life around it. We have these monster fishing ships that have desamated the oceans of fish. We are about to run out of antibiotics that will fight even the simpliest of the flu viruses. The worlds economy is about 10 seconds from colapsing. Hundreds of children are doing every second from very preventable issues. And these issues did not just start last week. These have been going on for decades. Is the money not there in all the countries of the world to almost wipe this out? Of course it is but the problem with Africa is there isn't enough oil to care about. Again like I said as long as there is $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and the greed that it creates, these problems will never be cured on a globle scale.
    So when exactly will man figure all this stuff out and make this planet a decent place to live??????????????
    NEVER.......
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 17:35
    Faith in God does not mean complacency. Lazy people and doomsayers use faith as a crutch for their sluggard lives and their prophesies of doom.

Still no references. Do you have a reference for this ..

the bible clearly says will be instramental in the new heavans and new earth that will "bring to ruin those ruining the earth".

Where did the Bible clearly say that ?
    Revelation 11:18
    Good News Translation (GNT)
    18 The heathen were filled with rage,
    because the time for your anger has come,
    the time for the dead to be judged.
    The time has come to reward your servants, the prophets,
    and all your people, all who have reverence for you,
    great and small alike.
    The time has come to destroy those who destroy the earth!

Amplified Bible (AMP)
    18And the heathen (the nations) raged, but Your wrath (retribution, indignation) came, the time when the dead will be judged and Your servants the prophets and saints rewarded--and those who revere (fear) Your name, both low and high and small and great--and [the time] for destroying the corrupters of the earth.

Today's New International Version (TNIV)
    18 The nations were angry,
    and your wrath has come.
    The time has come for judging the dead,
    and for rewarding your servants the prophets
    and your people who revere your name,
    both great and small—
    and for destroying those who destroy the earth.”

Need any more versions?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 18:27
    Good News Translation (GNT)
    18 The heathen were filled with rage,
    because the time for your anger has come,
    the time for the dead to be judged.
    The time has come to reward your servants, the prophets,
    and all your people, all who have reverence for you,
    great and small alike.
    The time has come ...[text shortened]... at and small—
    and for destroying those who destroy the earth.”

Need any more versions?
    That passage is referring to the return of Christ.

So you interpret ".. those who destroy the earth" to mean those who destroy the environment?

Christ will destroy those who destroy the environment?

Good for you. You win.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 18:35
    That passage is referring to the return of Christ.

So you interpret ".. those who destroy the earth" to mean those who destroy the environment?

Christ will destroy those who destroy the environment?

Good for you. You win.
    I would think destroying the enviroment would be destroying the earth. Maybe a slab of rock would be left after the enviroment was destroyed but what's the differance? Man could no longer live on it.
    The point is and I don't know how clearer it could be is that man is making this planet on almost any level a dangerous place to live and would eventually ruin it. God will not let that happen ans the Bible says the "earth will stand to times indefinite".
    Do you need me to show that scripture to you to?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree