1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 01:28
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    Yes, as a ray is ONE with the sun, yet not THE sun, so are we ONE WITH the CREATOR OF ALL LIFE, ~regardless~ if we bind ourselves (block the sunlight of our conscious view to such) from this UNDERSTANDING...

Wow, am I so very glad to meet your acquaintance, vishva..

You have already given me much comfort that I have been seeking of another being so enlightened... God BLESS you, my friend! =]
    Actually anyone at all, may take shelter of the Vedanta teachings and raise their consciousness, and when they do, the talk of proof seems fancyfull,.... just like when a hungry person eats, they become satisfied, and no proof is required of their satisfaction.

vishva
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 01:31
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    So actually, only very naive people can feel real love. I can hardly agree with this, because I see no reason to rate unconditional love higher or purer than conditional love.

I'd rather say the opposite. At some point, it isn't good anymore to love someone (if he behaves too badly). Love can break people if they get nothing back for too long.
    No, its the opposite....only naive people think that their lust is love.

vishva
  3. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 05:361 edit
    Yes, as a ray is ONE with the sun, yet not THE sun, so are we ONE WITH the CREATOR OF ALL LIFE, ~regardless~ if we bind ourselves (block the sunlight of our conscious view to such) from this UNDERSTANDING...

Wow, am I so very glad to meet your acquaintance, vishva..

You have already given me much comfort that I have been seeking of another being so enlightened... God BLESS you, my friend! =]
    ~The souls are sleeping in the first place, because they wanted independance from God, and because there is no such living state as being independant of God, then the illusionary world had to come into existance. ~

What BOGGLE'S MY MIND is why in Heaven's name would one individual EVER CARE to lose sight to who they are, and experience such a separation?

When we were already the mind of the Lord, why would we of cared to misplaced that?
  4. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 06:13
    When we were already the mind of the Lord, why would we of cared to misplaced that?
    This, perhaps, isn't such a conscious action.

It's easy to see how the same thing appears different through contexts. We have different branches of religion all based upon the same foundational dogma. States/cultures in nations (or separate nations and governments of one planet).

I think the fact that we are essentially filtered in this universe/reality being constrained by our senses, including the mind, it's hard to see the entire portrait- aspects beyond our certain capabilities. Similar to Plato's allegory of the cave.

Essentially, all that is us (our matter/energy/spirit/soul/manifestation) is being exposed through life and its easy to get entangled and lost in it. Similarly, this entanglement is what gives us this interpersonal medium- tangible concepts through which we experience things, and progress as people/beings/souls
  5. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 06:391 edit
    Originally posted by ua41
    This, perhaps, isn't such a conscious action.

It's easy to see how the same thing appears different through contexts. We have different branches of religion all based upon the same foundational dogma. States/cultures in nations (or separate nations and governments of one planet).

I think the fact that we are essentially filtered in this universe/reality m- tangible concepts through which we experience things, and progress as people/beings/souls
    ~It's easy to see how the same thing appears different through contexts. We have different branches of religion all based upon the same foundational dogma. ~

Yes, we all (the religions) are on one RATHER LARGE tree of Life, with a many many many branches (different views, and doctrines)..

The lower branches are developed in more of a material point of view, doctrinal concept..

And you have more enlightened individuals advanced higher branches, till one is completely reflecting this TREE (abiding as the image and likeness of HE, this TREE, sorta speak)...

beautifully written, ua41 =]
  6. ALG
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 13:131 edit
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    No, its the opposite....only naive people think that their lust is love.

vishva
    That isn't the opposite.

I said that unconditional love is worse than conditional, because sometimes it is better to choose for yourself.
    You are saying that lust isn't love.

How do you define lust? What makes that lust isn't love?
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 15:54
    That isn't the opposite.

I said that unconditional love is worse than conditional, because sometimes it is better to choose for yourself.
    You are saying that lust isn't love.

How do you define lust? What makes that lust isn't love?
    Simply put, lust is about satisfying your senses, lust is about getting what you want, even if it causes some dicomfort for the other.

vishva
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 15:57
    ~The souls are sleeping in the first place, because they wanted independance from God, and because there is no such living state as being independant of God, then the illusionary world had to come into existance. ~

What BOGGLE'S MY MIND is why in Heaven's name would one individual EVER CARE to lose sight to who they are, and experience such a separation?

Thats the thing about free will and independance, we may sometimes choose the lesser instead of the higher.

vishva
  9. ALG
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 16:59
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Simply put, lust is about satisfying your senses, lust is about getting what you want, even if it causes some dicomfort for the other.

vishva
    As long as people allow each other to, ít isn't bad. Nor is it worse than unconditional love.
  10. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 22:43
    As long as people allow each other to, ít isn't bad. Nor is it worse than unconditional love.
    Unconditional love is a term that means to love someone REGARDLESS of the loved one's qualities or actions. The paradigm of unconditional love is a mother's love for her newborn.
    Unconditional love is often used to "describe" the love in an IDEALIZED romantic relationship. It may sometimes also be used to "describe" love between family members, comrades in arms and between others in highly committed relationships.
    Unconditional love is a "side-effect" of NIRVANA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconditional_love
  11. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 21:16
    Unconditional love is a term that means to love someone REGARDLESS of the loved one's qualities or actions. The paradigm of unconditional love is a mother's love for her newborn.
    Unconditional love is often used to "describe" the love in an IDEALIZED romantic relationship. It may sometimes also be used to "describe" love between family members, comra ...[text shortened]... l love is a "side-effect" of NIRVANA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconditional_love
    END OF QUOTE

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree