Originally posted by darvlay
    YoO.
    NoO.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 19:51
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    I would like to explain a bit furter about reincarnation.

The body by itself can not exist in the first place without the presence of a soul (you are a soul) I am a soul, and there is a soul in every living thing.

When Fred Smith dies, and according to his karma, he will take another birth anywhere in this universe, as a human or animal

A soul th ...[text shortened]... er take birth or experiance death again, they recieve a spiritual body. (non material)

vishva
    Do you really want to stake your eternity on this?
  4. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 20:27
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    NoO.
    WoW, sorry. Thomaster, I meant.
  5. ALG
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 21:50
    Could you rephrase the question please.

vishva
    well after death the ego that was Fred Smith is gone, because Fred was only body/mind/ego only, then the soul takes on the body mind/mind/ego of that particular animal........and fred no longer exists.

So the soul now identifies itself with the animal it now is.

It seems like my soul contains neither my memory nor my thinking. Then why am I my soul?

hen Fred Smith dies, and according to his karma, he will take another birth anywhere in this universe, as a human or animal

So if I live a good life, a human will be born when I die, and if I live a bad life, an animal will be born when I die.
    So what?
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 01:42
    Originally posted by bbarr
    ToO is asking why we should care if we're reincarnated. It is part of my psychology that I care about this or that. If my psychology does not follow my soul into its next incarnation after death, then it seems like nothing about me remains after my death. Karmic debt follows the soul, but none of those character traits that make me the person who I am.
    You cant remember your last life, because thats the way its suppose to be, How could a person function if they could remember every life, they would go crazy with a multitude of personalities, so forgetfullness covers them.

When the soul takes birth in a dog, the dog has a mind and intelligence and ego, but the consciouness is covered and is much lower, and of course forgetfullness takes over.

The soul is actually sleeping and dreaming the whole thing up.

There is a movie called the Matrix, and the person who made it, actually read Bhagavad Gita, and could see that the soul is in a sleeping condition, and the world they function in is an illusion.........so he made the movie around that theme.

vishva
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 01:57
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    well after death the ego that was Fred Smith is gone, because Fred was only body/mind/ego only, then the soul takes on the body mind/mind/ego of that particular animal........and fred no longer exists.

So the soul now identifies itself with the animal it now is.

It seems like my soul contains neither my memory nor my thinking. Then why am I ...[text shortened]... will be born when I die, and if I live a bad life, an animal will be born when I die.
    So what?
    The material world is a place of suffering, and birth death disease and old age are unwanted things that we cant escape from.

Spiritual life ends all of that, because not coming back here to experience all of that over and over again is the goal of religion.

When you say 'so what" that means you are unaware of your very predicament in this world.

vishva
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 02:17
    You cant remember your last life, because thats the way its suppose to be, How could a person function if they could remember every life, they would go crazy with a multitude of personalities, so forgetfullness covers them.

When the soul takes birth in a dog, the dog has a mind and intelligence and ego, but the consciouness is covered and is much lower ...[text shortened]... world they function in is an illusion.........so he made the movie around that theme.

vishva
    The point is, if there is no conscious psychological continuity, why should we care?
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 07:25
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    The point is, if there is no conscious psychological continuity, why should we care?
    The soul proper, is aware of the dream (the dream of life) because the soul is dreaming its whole existence in this world of illusion, but when the soul changes bodies, it then becomes aware of the new dream that it is involved in, and forgets the old dream.

Spiritual life and religion is meant to wake up the sleeping dreaming soul.

The only way we can exist in this artificial reality, is if the soul is sleeping and dreaming it all up, (which it is)

vishva
  10. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 07:26
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    We should care because according to reincarnation, the actions we do, create seeds that will ripen in our current life (karma); if we are to improve and come closer to God, Enlightenment or be more spiritual then we should care what we do in this life for fututre lives
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 07:49
    Originally posted by yavash
    i heard that some Christians believe in reincarnation and that entries regarding it in early texts were ommitted from early copies of the Bible? True?
    You heard them say "reincarnation", or being "born again" because they are not
    the samething?
    Kelly
  12. ALG
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 09:15
    The soul proper, is aware of the dream (the dream of life) because the soul is dreaming its whole existence in this world of illusion, but when the soul changes bodies, it then becomes aware of the new dream that it is involved in, and forgets the old dream.

Spiritual life and religion is meant to wake up the sleeping dreaming soul.

The only way we ...[text shortened]... s artificial reality, is if the soul is sleeping and dreaming it all up, (which it is)

vishva
    So in fact, there are less and less living beings, for sometimes a soul wakes up, which means, that there won't be born an animal when someone dies. Or are there souls which go bed?
  13. ALG
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 09:19
    The material world is a place of suffering, and birth death disease and old age are unwanted things that we cant escape from.
    Of course we can escape from it, if we only need to die.

But why exactly would a good soul choose a human to live in? Why not a fly or something, if he doesn't want to live too long.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 10:34
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    Of course we can escape from it, if we only need to die.

But why exactly would a good soul choose a human to live in? Why not a fly or something, if he doesn't want to live too long.
    The person doesnt choose his next birth,..... but his/her karma will deliver the body that suits best the persons consciouness at the time of death.

So consciouness at the time of death and karma, operate together, to provide the next body for the soul.

vishva
  15. ALG
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 10:54
    The person doesnt choose his next birth,..... but his/her karma will deliver the body that suits best the persons consciouness at the time of death.

So consciouness at the time of death and karma, operate together, to provide the next body for the soul.

vishva
    But you told, that your karma is decided by the way you live, and because we can choose how we live, we can influence our karma.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree