1. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 16:46
    i heard that some Christians believe in reincarnation and that entries regarding it in early texts were ommitted from early copies of the Bible? True?
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 16:56
    Originally posted by yavash
    i heard that some Christians believe in reincarnation and that entries regarding it in early texts were ommitted from early copies of the Bible? True?
    That is 1 million % true!.....and I thought I was all alone in this forum.

vishva
  3. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 22:00
    It sounds funny, as this would imply that our souls will not go to God in heaven anymore or in hell. This will go against all the Bible teaches us. It cant be true that the soul will go to one place and also be somewhere else.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 11:521 edit
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    It sounds funny, as this would imply that our souls will not go to God in heaven anymore or in hell. This will go against all the Bible teaches us. It cant be true that the soul will go to one place and also be somewhere else.
    It doesnt imply that at all,...to go to God in the spiritual dimension one has to be qualified, and the qualification is pure love of God without any tinge of material conditioning

Rebirth is a process where the soul takes another body if that qualification is not met.

As far as hell goes, that is a christian and muslim fairy tale meant to scare people into joining the church or mosque, but their are hellish planets where existance is very difficult and souls are reborn there if they are really demoniac.

There is also the heavenly planets (not to be mistaken for the spiritual world) where you can also take birth if you are really pious.

vishva
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 12:051 edit
    Why it true!! In fact, I have a copy right here before me. In fact, St. Peter has a recollection of being an ant as someone subsequently stepped on him. It gets worse!! Christ had the recollection of being a slug and all his "friends" ganged up on him and cast salt on him. They poor guy just can't get a break. :'( I suspect that is where he came up with "If the salt has lost its flavor" quote. 😵
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 14:162 edits
    I would like to explain a bit furter about reincarnation.

The body by itself can not exist in the first place without the presence of a soul (you are a soul) I am a soul, and there is a soul in every living thing.

When Fred Smith dies, and according to his karma, he will take another birth anywhere in this universe, as a human or animal

A soul that has taken birth as a human usually doent go back into the body of an animal, unless his human life thats past, was very degraded and on the level of an animal.

So lets say Fred Smith had the karma to take birth in an animal spieces, well after death the ego that was Fred Smith is gone, because Fred was only body/mind/ego only, then the soul takes on the body mind/mind/ego of that particular animal........and fred no longer exists.

So the soul now identifies itself with the animal it now is.

When you see a dog in the street, there is not a person in side thinking why am I a dog, NO,,,,the dog thinks like dog, acts like a dog, and thinks it is a dog.....until it dies and then takes another birth.

Now you can see why its so important to apply oneself to the spiritual life, because if one is successfull in spiritual life, then they can return to the spiritual dimension, and never take birth or experiance death again, they recieve a spiritual body. (non material)

vishva
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 14:261 edit
    I heard that some Christians believe the ratings on American Idol sank because the producers chose Ellen Degeneres, a beacon of immorality, to be a judge. True?
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 14:44
    Some Christians believe in UFOs.

I guess that settles it.
  9. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 15:49
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I heard that some Christians believe the ratings on American Idol sank because the producers chose Ellen Degeneres, a beacon of immorality, to be a judge. True?
    they were correct but for the wrong reason, it isn't because she is immoral etc... its because she is unfunny and a bore
  10. ALG
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 16:04
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    I would like to explain a bit furter about reincarnation.

The body by itself can not exist in the first place without the presence of a soul (you are a soul) I am a soul, and there is a soul in every living thing.

When Fred Smith dies, and according to his karma, he will take another birth anywhere in this universe, as a human or animal

A soul th ...[text shortened]... er take birth or experiance death again, they recieve a spiritual body. (non material)

vishva
    Then why would I identify that soul with me? Why should I care if a dog or a human is born the moment I die?
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 17:13
    Originally posted by duecer
    they were correct but for the wrong reason, it isn't because she is immoral etc... its because she is unfunny and a bore
    The Lord works in mysterious ways, Brother.
  12. Joined
    06 May '10
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 18:20
    ...its a dogs life anyway
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 18:58
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    Then why would I identify that soul with me? Why should I care if a dog or a human is born the moment I die?
    Could you rephrase the question please.

vishva
  14. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 19:05
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Could you rephrase the question please.

vishva
    ToO is asking why we should care if we're reincarnated. It is part of my psychology that I care about this or that. If my psychology does not follow my soul into its next incarnation after death, then it seems like nothing about me remains after my death. Karmic debt follows the soul, but none of those character traits that make me the person who I am.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 19:10
    Originally posted by bbarr
    ToO is asking why we should care if we're reincarnated. It is part of my psychology that I care about this or that. If my psychology does not follow my soul into its next incarnation after death, then it seems like nothing about me remains after my death. Karmic debt follows the soul, but none of those character traits that make me the person who I am.
    ToO?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree