1. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 May '16 14:13
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Where did I say or imply that anyone focuses on eternal life?

Obviously you did not put on your reading glasse.
    Or perhaps it was your elocution at fault?

You did say this:
    Every Christian wait and live in the hope of eternal life.
    which is not true.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 May '16 14:17
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Or perhaps it was your elocution at fault?

You did say this:
    [b]Every Christian wait and live in the hope of eternal life.

which is not true.[/b]
    OK .. well I did not make that clear .. my fault.

Christians are supposed to hope for eternal life as Paul said.
    This is contrary to the Christians who claim to have eternal life already.

And I was answering Dives question about which group I am in.

Christians dont focus on eternal life. They are supposed to live as Christ lived as best as they can and God will judge and reward as he sees fit.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '16 14:43
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    There are those who will go even a step further or shall I say... in the other direction with regards to the bible and will try to justify separating the two one from another separate the OT from the NT, I think these people sell themselves short. They will say things like 'we live in the NT, we don't need the OT' or the OT is nothing but history' ...[text shortened]... ophecies regarding who he is from the OT would would be mathematically impossible for any other.
    There are those who will go even a step further or shall I say... in the other direction with regards to the bible and will try to justify separating the two one from another separate the OT from the NT, I think these people sell themselves short.

Yes they do. I don't think one can fully grasp the NT without the OT, and vise-versa.

Thanks for 2Timothy, forgot that one. Great verses.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '16 14:45
    [quote]In any case there are only two kinds of Christians:

- those who get eternal life, are led by the spirit of God and consequently live righteously in love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. (Ga ...[text shortened]... an this post is for naught, and It is a matter of a word/description or what you call yourself.
    I like what a preacher friend said.... You are either a "saint or you ain't"
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '16 14:47
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    [b]There is more to being a Christian than what color of letters you find important in scripture.

Matthew 3:11
    “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Luke 11:13
    If you then, though you are evil, know h ...[text shortened]... od lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.[/b]
    Thank you Kelly
  6. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 May '16 14:57
    Only God knows.

Notice that I would not ask you what kind are you.
    Im not interested in your personal business.
    I respect your privacy as your eternal life is between you and God.'
    However you jokers continue to confuse the doctrine of the Bible with peoples personal life.
    Are you in Christ now?
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    08 May '16 15:15
    Well that is not as bad as you constantly asking me the same idiotic questions over and over about what or who I am and if I sin or dont sin or if I have eternal life or not. You have the mentality of a 3 yr old.

And dont flatter yourself. This is a public forum so although I address you there may be many more reading what I write and Im pretty sure some ...[text shortened]... seem to think otherwise, that Chrst is not important so .. good luck to you with that doctrine.
    This is a public forum and your post was clearly directed towards me, any suggestion otherwise is a bit disingenuous... surely you see it. I am sure if you were to ask anyone that really cares, the sentiment would be the same.
    You seem to think otherwise, that Chrst is not important so .. good luck to you with that doctrine

Where do you get that from, I have never said nor implied that Christ or his words are not important.

You should give some thought to what you say before accusing, it might do you some good.

i have either offended you in some way or you are just a miserable guy who takes pleasure in belittling others. If the former, I am sorry never meant to cause any offense about anything, if the later... not my monkeys and not my circus.

Likewise, 'good luck to you with that doctrine'.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 May '16 15:24
    This is a public forum and your post was clearly directed towards me, any suggestion otherwise is a bit disingenuous... surely you see it. I am sure if you were to ask anyone that really cares, the sentiment would be the same.
    You seem to think otherwise, that Chrst is not important so .. good luck to you with that doctrine

Where do you ...[text shortened]... e later... not my monkeys and not my circus.

Likewise, 'good luck to you with that doctrine'.
    Again and I said this before, your apologies are worthless because you constantly ask me the same nonsense questions and then proceed to apologise .. You are a comedian.

Neither are you serious about Christ and His doctrine, beause if that were the case you would focus on that and not on personal questions about me.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '16 15:351 edit
    Only God knows.

Notice that I would not ask you what kind are you.
    Im not interested in your personal business.
    I respect your privacy as your eternal life is between you and God.'
    However you jokers continue to confuse the doctrine of the Bible with peoples personal life.
    It amuses me how you always get prickly when questioned about your personal position with God. You call people "jokers" and other nasty names, yet you preach on about good works and how to be a perfect Christian without demonstrating anything of significance in this forum, than what we all see from each other.
    It's my opinion that you know very little of the "reality" of what you speak about, and are in fact just another clanging cymbal.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 May '16 15:56
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It amuses me how you always get prickly when questioned about your personal position with God. You call people "jokers" and other nasty names, yet you preach on about good works and how to be a perfect Christian without demonstrating anything of significance in this forum, than what we all see from each other.
    It's my opinion that you know very little of the "reality" of what you speak about, and are in fact just another clanging cymbal.
    It amuses me that you come from an environment that has taught you that it is ok to ask people personal questions. I know of some people, from such societies deprived of basic manners and training, and they just go around the place making asses of themselves .. much like you are doing. I have asked you nothing personal and I never will. I discuss the doctrine of Christ .. end of story. Your opinion of me is noted but like I keep saying your opinion is of no value to anyone but yourself. God is the judge of people.
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    08 May '16 16:14
    Again and I said this before, your apologies are worthless because you constantly ask me the same nonsense questions and then proceed to apologise .. You are a comedian.

Neither are you serious about Christ and His doctrine, beause if that were the case you would focus on that and not on personal questions about me.
    Rest assured, it will be my last... you can have the last laugh.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 May '16 16:50
    Rest assured, it will be my last... you can have the last laugh.
    Rest assured its not your last. You have an alzheimers problem. This will repeat itself.

Im not interested in the last laugh. I would prefer to discuss the doctrine of Jesus Christ whom you claim to believe in. But you make the world of excuses to avoid discussion. I wonder why.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 May '16 17:52
    Christians dont focus on eternal life.
    You mean they shouldn't. Many do.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 May '16 17:561 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why is someone a 'clanging cymbal' just because they know very little about the reality of what they speak? Do you ever take anything 'on authority' form an anonymous source on the internet? If he answered your personal questions, would you be more likely to believe what he says? Would his arguments suddenly be more logical because they came from a self proclaimed saint? Would his Biblical quotations suddenly read differently?

This is why I like science. Newton could have a horrible personality, and believe in a variety of mumbo jumbo (he was an alchemist) but his science was still good. Because science stands up to scrutiny, and you don't need the scientist to pray five times a day before you accept his results.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '16 18:16
    It amuses me that you come from an environment that has taught you that it is ok to ask people personal questions. I know of some people, from such societies deprived of basic manners and training, and they just go around the place making asses of themselves .. much like you are doing. I have asked you nothing personal and I never will. I discuss the doctri ...[text shortened]... ke I keep saying your opinion is of no value to anyone but yourself. God is the judge of people.
    You have asked nothing personal of me, but I am asking something personal of you! I'm afraid that if you come here to preach "works" then you need to demonstrate "works". So far all you demonstrate is a big mouth with a big attitude.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree