1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '16 18:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why is someone a 'clanging cymbal' just because they know very little about the reality of what they speak? Do you ever take anything 'on authority' form an anonymous source on the internet? If he answered your personal questions, would you be more likely to believe what he says? Would his arguments suddenly be more logical because they came from a self p ...[text shortened]... rutiny, and you don't need the scientist to pray five times a day before you accept his results.
    What you "like" is irrelevant in this matter. This is a question within the Christian framework.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 May '16 19:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What you "like" is irrelevant in this matter. This is a question within the Christian framework.
    What I 'like' is an interesting observation. That that is all you chose to respond to - and in such a negative fashion - speaks volumes.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 May '16 19:20
    You mean they shouldn't. Many do.
    They should not. Christians should enjoy living righteously not for eternal life but becuase it is the right thing to do.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 May '16 19:231 edit
    You have asked nothing personal of me, but I am asking something personal of you! I'm afraid that if you come here to preach "works" then you need to demonstrate "works". So far all you demonstrate is a big mouth with a big attitude.
    Like TW said .. would the passages I quote from Christ read any differently if I answered your personal questions? This is why many Christians are an embarrassment .. they ask such foolish questions.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 May '16 19:261 edit
    You have asked nothing personal of me, but I am asking something personal of you! I'm afraid that if you come here to preach "works" then you need to demonstrate "works". So far all you demonstrate is a big mouth with a big attitude.
    C'mon. For as long as I can remember, the thrust of rajk999's posts has been "This is what Jesus says. This is what the apostles say. Follow what Jesus and the apostles say. God will judge." It hasn't been, "Follow my example".

Seems like you and others keep trying to attack him personally since you can't validly refute the scripture that he puts before you. Scripture that you and others purport to believe.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 May '16 20:461 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    They should not. Christians should enjoy living righteously not for eternal life but becuase it is the right thing to do.
    You who thinks you must earn your salvation by working actually thinks you know how
    and why Christians should live?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 May '16 20:48
    They should have God's Spirit in them and if they don't, they don't belong to the Lord.
    The joy of the Lord is our strength.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 May '16 21:26
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    They should have God's Spirit in them and if they don't, they don't belong to the Lord.
    The joy of the Lord is our strength.
    Your grave error is that you think you know who has Gods spirit and who does not. Christians do not have a monopoly on Gods spirit. God can and will give his spirit and power to anyone that he so desires. We are not privy to that information
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 May '16 21:27
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    C'mon. For as long as I can remember, the thrust of rajk999's posts has been "This is what Jesus says. This is what the apostles say. Follow what Jesus and the apostles say. God will judge." It hasn't been, "Follow my example".

Seems like you and others keep trying to attack him personally since you can't validly refute the scripture that he puts before you. Scripture that you and others purport to believe.
    That about sums up the attitude of many Christians here unfortunately .. its sad.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 May '16 23:15
    Your grave error is that you think you know who has Gods spirit and who does not. Christians do not have a monopoly on Gods spirit. God can and will give his spirit and power to anyone that he so desires. We are not privy to that information
    What does my knowledge have to do with anything?
    It is the scripture and the promises of God you are dealing with not what I do or do not know.

I promise you if you had God's Spirit you'd know so when someone asks if you belong
    to God you would not have to say, we will see.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 May '16 23:29
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What does my knowledge have to do with anything?
    It is the scripture and the promises of God you are dealing with not what I do or do not know.

I promise you if you had God's Spirit you'd know so when someone asks if you belong
    to God you would not have to say, we will see.
    Where did I say, we will see?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '16 05:02
    Like TW said .. would the passages I quote from Christ read any differently if I answered your personal questions? This is why many Christians are an embarrassment .. they ask such foolish questions.
    I'm not attacking the passages you quoted, I'm attacking the false dichotomy you created from them; saying there are two types of Christian. There isn't.

That you won't place yourself in one of the two groups you describe is just an amusing way of demonstrating the unworkable nature of how you interpret scripture.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '16 05:05
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

Refuting justification by works is easy! Surely you don't want me to bother listing all the grace and faith scriptures?

Gal 2:16
    We are not justified by works but by faith

Romans 3:28
    We are not justified by works...

Etc etc etc
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '16 05:12
    What I 'like' is an interesting observation. That that is all you chose to respond to - and in such a negative fashion - speaks volumes.
    It's a little naive of you to write a post with multiple questions, some of which were missing the point, and expect the recipient to prioritise your thoughts for you.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 May '16 11:52
    I'm not attacking the passages you quoted, I'm attacking the false dichotomy you created from them; saying there are two types of Christian. There isn't.

That you won't place yourself in one of the two groups you describe is just an amusing way of demonstrating the unworkable nature of how you interpret scripture.
    Well now we getting somewhere. You believe the teachings of Christ are unworkable. I thnk that explains your behaviour

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree