1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 May '16 17:18
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Thats an easy one .. they will become mortal and frail humans with a short lifespan. Prior to that man was immortal. Its like the Bible says "the wages of sin is death". It does not mean immediate death but eventual death.
    Yeah, was easing you into it. What about:

"Micaiah said, “Therefore, hear the word of the LORD. I saw the LORD sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing by Him on His right and on His left. “The LORD said, ‘Who will entice Ahab to go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said this while another said that. “Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD and said, ‘I will entice him.’ “The LORD said to him, ‘How?’ And he said, ‘I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ Then He said, ‘You are to entice him and also prevail. Go and do so.’ “Now therefore, behold, the LORD has put a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; and the LORD has proclaimed disaster against you.” (1 Kings 22: 19 – 23)
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 May '16 17:408 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Refuting justification by works is easy! Surely you don't want me to bother listing all the grace and faith scriptures?

Gal 2:16
    We are not justified by works but by faith

Romans 3:28
    We are not justified by works...

Etc etc etc
    I think you're intelligent enough to have understood the main point of my post and that you chose to ignore it in order to avoid conceding the point.

Here it is again:
    "C'mon. For as long as I can remember, the thrust of rajk999's posts has been "This is what Jesus says. This is what the apostles say. Follow what Jesus and the apostles say. God will judge." It hasn't been, "Follow my example".

The point being of course is that the charges made by you and others toward rajk999 such as "you need to demonstrate 'works'", "dais naid", etc., are baseless.

Refuting justification by works is easy! Surely you don't want me to bother listing all the grace and faith scriptures?...Etc etc etc

Setting aside the dubiousness of pulling verses out of context no less pulling only portions of verses out of context as you've done here, the fact is that all you and others do is point out verses that conflict or contradict with the scripture that rajk999 puts before you. There's a wide gulf between that and actually making a valid refutation.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 May '16 17:48
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Yeah, was easing you into it. What about:

"Micaiah said, “Therefore, hear the word of the LORD. I saw the LORD sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing by Him on His right and on His left. “The LORD said, ‘Who will entice Ahab to go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said this while another said that. “Then a spirit came fo ...[text shortened]... ll these your prophets; and the LORD has proclaimed disaster against you.” (1 Kings 22: 19 – 23)
    Well another easy one. The first passage about a God that cannot lie is about God making promises and they not being kept. So God promises and God fulfills these promises... so in that case there is no lying

Now I am no believer that God only does what people think is good and just. God deceived many people but the explanation is that these people were evil from the start liKe Pharoah's heart being hardened. God says that there is no evil in the streets which he has not responsible for {Isaiah].

So your passage is about God sending lying prophets to deceive some evil person .. of course all under the control of God.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 May '16 18:121 edit
    These are the words of Paul:

1Th_5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
    Tit_1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
    Tit_3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
    Our hope is in Christ and we have waiting for since the fall of man. That is all you got?

Do you believe the Holy Spirit is God?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 May '16 18:41
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Our hope is in Christ and we have waiting for since the fall of man. That is all you got?

Do you believe the Holy Spirit is God?
    No.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 May '16 19:27
    Well another easy one. The first passage about a God that cannot lie is about God making promises and they not being kept. So God promises and God fulfills these promises... so in that case there is no lying

Now I am no believer that God only does what people think is good and just. God deceived many people but the explanation is that these people were e ...[text shortened]... d sending lying prophets to deceive some evil person .. of course all under the control of God.
    Just to clarify, God only deceives evil people, which negates the act of deception/lie?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '16 19:30
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I think you're intelligent enough to have understood the main point of my post and that you chose to ignore it in order to avoid conceding the point.

Here it is again:
    [quote]"C'mon. For as long as I can remember, the thrust of rajk999's posts has been "This is what Jesus says. This is what the apostles say. Follow what Jesus and the apostles say. God ...[text shortened]... ajk999 puts before you. There's a wide gulf between that and actually making a valid refutation.
    I and others have refuted Rak's claims 10s of times. And actually, the outworking of doctrine in the Christian's life is the whole point of doctrine, so yes, questioning Rak on how his claims translate to his own life is absolutely bang on topic and pertinent.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '16 19:35
    Again more foolishness. What does the doctrine of Christ have to do with my personal life?

I keep asking you that and you cannot answer.
    But it's not your personal life I'm asking about. I'm asking how you apply your aggressively pitched claims to your "Christian" life. Just the claims, not "personal" stuff like, where you fellowship, what sins you have etc, just how you apply your own teaching to yourself and you cannot answer. You claim there are "two kinds of Christian", so I asked you which one you are...hardly "personal".

Anyone can pitch up in here and spout off scripture at other Christians abusing them and calling them foolish etc. You preach "works" but demonstrate none yourself.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '16 19:371 edit
    What group I am in is irrelevant to what Christ preached.

Please explain the relevance
    Yes it is irrelevant to what Christ preached, but it is completely relevant to what you preach!

You are making these claims, you need to demonstrate how they apply to you, or why should anyone listen to you.

So which kind of Christian are you?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 May '16 19:44
    Yes it is irrelevant to what Christ preached, but it is completely relevant to what you preach!

You are making these claims, you need to demonstrate how they apply to you, or why should anyone listen to you.

So which kind of Christian are you?
    I am preaching nothing. I quote the words of Jesus.
    Do you own a bible?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 May '16 19:54
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Just to clarify, God only deceives evil people, which negates the act of deception/lie?
    I would have to agree.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '16 20:01
    I am preaching nothing. I quote the words of Jesus.
    Do you own a bible?
    More dishonesty! You preach a doctrine; if you just posted solely scripture no one would take issue with you.

Which kind of Christian (from your kinds) are you?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 May '16 20:05
    More dishonesty! You preach a doctrine; if you just posted solely scripture no one would take issue with you.

Which kind of Christian (from your kinds) are you?
    You dont like Christ .. I get it. 😀
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '16 20:09
    You dont like Christ .. I get it. 😀
    Son of satan

😛
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 May '16 20:13
    Son of satan

😛
    Galveston ? Is that you?😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree