1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '16 12:021 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Well now we getting somewhere. You believe the teachings of Christ are unworkable. I thnk that explains your behaviour
    Are you conflating the teachings of Christ with your interpretation of the teachings of Christ?

He said "your interpretation" is unworkable, and then you say that he says "the teachings of Christ" are unworkable.

Are they one and the same to you?

Well, they aren't to us. Perhaps you can see where our disagreement comes from.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 May '16 12:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's a little naive of you to write a post with multiple questions, some of which were missing the point, and expect the recipient to prioritise your thoughts for you.
    I never asked nor suggested that you prioritise my thoughts for me. I did point out that you chose to avoid the main content of my post and instead gave a remarkably negative comment about a simple observation I made (an entirely truthful one at that).
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 May '16 12:12
    Refuting justification by works is easy! Surely you don't want me to bother listing all the grace and faith scriptures?

Gal 2:16
    We are not justified by works but by faith

Romans 3:28
    We are not justified by works...

Etc etc etc
    I like your Gal 2:16 passage, but why did you leave out the very next verse? Here it is:

But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. (Galatians 2:17 KJV)

The prevailing doctrine among Christians :
    - proclaim my faith in Christ
    - God gives me eternal life
    - God gives me his spirit so everything I do is good works
    - No sin is held against me
    - I am saved eternally and not even God can take away my eternal life.

But Paul says that if you want to justified by Christ you cannot continue with sin. God would not allow you to get away with that.

Same with your Romans passage. Continue reading Romans and Paul says exactly the same thing. In every book written by Paul, the exact same doctrine is found. Christ is the justifier of people BUT faith in Christ is not a licence to sin and escape the consequences of sin.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '16 13:10
    Well now we getting somewhere. You believe the teachings of Christ are unworkable. I thnk that explains your behaviour
    Galveston75...is that you...?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '16 13:12
    Now you are just being dishonest.

As I said, "your interpretation" of scripture is unworkable.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '16 13:13
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I never asked nor suggested that you prioritise my thoughts for me. I did point out that you chose to avoid the main content of my post and instead gave a remarkably negative comment about a simple observation I made (an entirely truthful one at that).
    OK, I apologise for ignoring your questions. If they have not been answered in the posts that followed your one, then please ask again.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '16 13:181 edit
    I like your Gal 2:16 passage, but why did you leave out the very next verse? Here it is:

But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. (Galatians 2:17 KJV)

The prevailing doctrine among Christians :
    - proclaim my faith in Christ
    - God gives me eternal ...[text shortened]... tifier of people BUT faith in Christ is not a licence to sin and escape the consequences of sin.
    I'm aware of most if not all of the "works" scriptures, especially the book of James. I'm aware that you pitch works using these scripture and you are aware that I and most other Christians pitch grace using other scriptures. You are not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours, which is why I rarely debate the topic with you despite my belief that you are mega-wrong.

My issue with you is that you don't appear to live what you preach. I'm not condemning you for it, nor do I want to stop being yourself in here; I'm just pointing out that you will not declare yourself in one of the two "kinds" of Christians which you listed earlier because you cannot. You cannot place yourself in either one because your model of justification by works is completely unworkable in everyday Christian life.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 May '16 13:30
    Now you are just being dishonest.

As I said, [b]"your interpretation"
    of scripture is unworkable.[/b]
    Well maybe you can explain how MY interpretation is unworkable.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '16 13:32
    Well maybe you can explain how MY interpretation is unworkable.
    First place yourself in one of your groups.

a) can you do it privately...?

b) can you share it here...?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 May '16 13:33
    I'm aware of most if not all of the "works" scriptures, especially the book of James. I'm aware that you pitch works using these scripture and you are aware that I and most other Christians pitch grace using other scriptures. You are not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours, which is why I rarely debate the topic with you despite my ...[text shortened]... ecause your model of justification by works is completely unworkable in everyday Christian life.
    Again more foolishness. What does the doctrine of Christ have to do with my personal life?

I keep asking you that and you cannot answer.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 May '16 13:34
    First place yourself in one of your groups.

a) can you do it privately...?

b) can you share it here...?
    What group I am in is irrelevant to what Christ preached.

Please explain the relevance
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 May '16 14:31
    Where did I say, we will see?
    "Every Christian wait and live in the hope of eternal life."
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 May '16 15:35
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    "Every Christian wait and live in the hope of eternal life."
    These are the words of Paul:

1Th_5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
    Tit_1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
    Tit_3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 May '16 15:53
    These are the words of Paul:

1Th_5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
    Tit_1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
    Tit_3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
    God can't lie hey?

“But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.” (Genesis 2: 17)
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 May '16 16:38
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    God can't lie hey?

“But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.” (Genesis 2: 17)
    Thats an easy one .. they will become mortal and frail humans with a short lifespan. Prior to that man was immortal. Its like the Bible says "the wages of sin is death". It does not mean immediate death but eventual death.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree