1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 15:25
    Originally posted by sonship
    You are still ignorant. Let me tell you where you are ignorant.

All the passages in the NT which speak of the punishment of servants of Christ Calvin interpreted as pertaining to FALSE Christians.

All the same passages Arminians say pertain to Real Christians who LOST there eternal salvation.

What I have presented for YEARS on this Forum is that ...[text shortened]... years. They are SAVED yet so as through fire. They suffer loss. They do not suffer eternal loss.
    they are not all pertaining to false Christians jaywill, not at all, but because you have this Calvinistic baggage with you, you are forced to see it that way.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 15:261 edit
    Christ did mention a particular type of sin.

Good of you to acknowledge a mistake.
    Its not a mistake Jaywill, i have never disputed it, I have no horse in this race. I will simply try to understand your position, its enough for me.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 15:293 edits
    the way that we understand, sinning against the holy spirit is quite interesting, take for example the Pharisees, who were opposed to Christ. Christ healed a man with a withered hand of which they were eye witnesses of the operation of Gods Holy spirit, Christ said to them, if you do not believe me, believe on account of the works themselves, yet they conspired to kill him, despite having been eyewitnesses of the operation of Gods Holy spirit, this is an inexcusable sin.

I do not see how what you write here is substantially different from what I wrote. Except that you do not regard the Holy Spirit as God.

This is the only difference I can see. The blasphemy is against a "Person" - the Holy Spirit. You count it as speaking against an impersonal force.

Besides that difference, what did you say that I did not say ?
    The opposers saw what Jesus did and said He had an unclean spirit or He had Beelzebul (Matt. 12:27).

For such a strenuous objection I don't see too much difference in what you just explained from what I explained.

I did say that I lean toward the persuasion that maybe it is no longer possible to commit this sin in this way.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 15:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    they are not all pertaining to false Christians jaywill, not at all, but because you have this Calvinistic baggage with you, you are forced to see it that way.
    You are not understanding me.

Go back and read that post again and you should see that I do NOT argue that they pertain to FALSE Christians.

I SAID pure Calvinism would see it that way.
    Read the post AGAIN.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 15:37
    Its not a mistake Jaywill, i have never disputed it, I have no horse in this race. I will simply try to understand your position, its enough for me.
    but you are correct, Christ did mention a particular type of sin.

I understood you to mean you acknowledge that it is a mistake to regard Jesus there as talking about SINS [plural].

The correct view you acknowledge is that He spoke of a particular sin.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 15:392 edits
    [quote] the way that we understand, sinning against the holy spirit is quite interesting, take for example the Pharisees, who were opposed to Christ. Christ healed a man with a withered hand of which they were eye witnesses of the operation of Gods Holy spirit, Christ said to them, if you do not believe me, believe on account of the works themselves, yet the ...[text shortened]... I lean toward the persuasion that maybe it is no longer possible to commit this sin in this way.
    when Christ healed the lady of the flow of blood that had afflicted her for years after she touched his garments amoungst a crowd, he said, who touched my garments for i beheld power going out of me. Clearly the Holy spirit empowered Christ to perform miracles, don't you think?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 15:39
    but you are correct, Christ did mention a particular type of sin.

I understood you to mean you acknowledge that it is a mistake to regard Jesus there as talking about SINS [plural].

The correct view you acknowledge is that He spoke of a particular sin.
    yes, of course 😀
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 15:40
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Serves you right 😀
    Maybe you should do like me and dont reply ...
    Not bad advice.

Proverbs 17:28
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 15:40
    You are not understanding me.

Go back and read that post again and you should see that I do NOT argue that they pertain to FALSE Christians.

I SAID pure Calvinism would see it that way.
    Read the post AGAIN.
    ok fine, you don't see it the same as Calvin, I understand.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 15:43
    The posts are getting too short and chit chat.

Substantial questions or replies or fellowship I respond to better.

And excuse me you graphic face makers. Rightly or wrongly I don't pay much attention to these emotional indicators. I just kind of read quickly by them without much notice.

If they are meant to convey friendliness I am sorry if I seem unresponsive to anything other than the words that you write.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 15:45
    ok fine, you don't see it the same as Calvin, I understand.
    Thank you.

Sometimes we are just so filled with thoughts we do not take in other's thoughts well.

I do it also.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 15:561 edit
    Thank you.

Sometimes we are just so filled with thoughts we do not take in other's thoughts well.

I do it also.
    no worries, i gotta go, its dinner time 🙂 i leave you with a smiley face, not of course that you will acknowledge it, but its been nice chatting never the less .
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 17:47
    God does not, however, forgive all sin. According to what Jesus said in Mark 3:28, 29, those who willfully and knowingly blaspheme God’s spirit can never be forgiven. And Paul wrote: “If we practice sin willfully [b]after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but there is a certain fe ...[text shortened]... over Jaywill to Satan for the destruction of the flesh so that he may be brought to his senses.[/b]
    Robbie, have you ever willfully sinned after having recieved the accurate knowledge of the truth?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 18:03
    Many churches, especially JW's like to twist the truth to maintain control over their people through fear of condemnation and Hell fire.

Jehovah witnesses do not profess belief in Hellfire, for goodness sake can you not even get your stereotypes and prejudices right?
    Oh dear, your right, what was I thinking! I'm sorry, but there are churches that control their people with condemnation and hell fire...
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 18:06
    I have been patient enough with you checkbaiter, never the less, your statement is utterly false, why? because Paul states quite clearly,

If WE practice sin willfully [b]after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth
    notice how he includes himself checkbaiter! IF WE.

this was addressed to Hebrews who had become Christians, who h ...[text shortened]... for you, but then again, i understand that being devoid of reasons, you need to fabricate some.[/b]
    Hmmmm, you got me again...but that verse still does not mean a a christian will lose their salvation because it contradicts too many other verses.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree