1. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 03:212 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    Stuff like "Quite prosylatizing."

Usually that carries with it some attitude of contempt.

You see, we are not ashamed of going into all the world to preach the Gospel.
    You are saying I have treated you with contempt in our discussion here?

Grampy Bobby was choosing to proselytize instead of answering my question. So I said "I will see if Grampy Bobby is able to put his proselytizing aside for a moment and address my question". I have no reason to ask either you or Grampy Bobby to "Quit proselytizing". It would never occur to me to ask you to "quit".
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 03:30
    Originally posted by Nick Bourbaki
    You are saying I have treated you with contempt in our discussion here?

Where did I say "Quite prosylatizing"? What does "Quite prosylatizing" mean?

edit: OK I see your quote had a typo.

Where did i say "Quit prosylatizing"?
    Typo:

Proselytizing , Proselyzing, I think are both words.
    I found both in dictionaries.

Anyway, the unique thing about a person's relationship with God in the Christian faith is that we admit that we cannot do anything to end our alienation from God.

The barrier, the separation is removed by Jesus Christ.
    If He had not removed it it would remain forever.

We just agree with God and come as we are believing that Christ's finished work has made a way for us. This is the initiation of our intimate fellowship with God.

Every other religious relationship with God is believed to be based upon what a man or woman is able to DO in themselves.

We start by receiving Christ and His completed work on the cross. He opens the way into communion with the Father. If He does not open the way, you will have no way.
  3. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 03:341 edit
    Typo:

Proselytizing , Proselyzing, I think are both words.
    I found both in dictionaries.

Anyway, the unique thing about a person's relationship with God in the Christian faith is that we admit that we cannot do anything to end our alienation from God.

The barrier, the separation is removed by Jesus Christ.
    If He had not removed it it wo ...[text shortened]... opens the way into communion with the Father. If He does not open the way, you will have no way.
    I edited my post - the "Quite" typo is history.

Where have I treated you with "contempt" on this thread?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 03:39
    I edited my post - the "Quite" typo is history.

Where have I treated you with "contempt" on this thread?
    No.

Sorry if you think I accused you.
    I just said like Grampy, I'm saved and I want you to be saved too.

I met Jesus Christ. If you have not met Jesus Christ, I think you should meet Jesus Christ too !
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 03:42
    Stuff like "Quit prosylatizing."

Usually that carries with it some attitude of contempt.

You see, we are not ashamed of going into all the world to preach the Gospel.
    sonship, thanks for your earnest efforts to answer --N.B. :-)

Good night.
  6. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 03:45
    Sorry if you think I accused you.
    You said "Save some contempt for me too". It seemed a bit unnecessary and peculiar. But if it was in fact intended for all people reading this thread, that's ok.

Do you think Grampy Bobby's proselytizing in response to my questions on this thread has rather impaired his ability to answer them head on?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 03:46
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

Good night.
    Goodnight brother.
  8. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 03:46

Good night.
    A purported relationship with God is something that theistic religions have in common. Do you agree with this statement or not? sonship agrees. Do you?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 03:51
    You said "Save some contempt for me too". It seemed a bit unnecessary and peculiar. But if it was in fact intended for all people reading this thread, that's ok.

It was unnecessary.
    It was provoking and prodding.

I'm sorry.

Do you think Grampy Bobby's proselytizing in response to my questions on this thread has rather impaired his ability to answer them head on?

I'm sometimes worse. So I am just giving you heads up.
    The joy of introducing someone to the truth of the Gospel is incomparable.

But we have to wear the accusation of proselytizing many times.

We Christians are all works in progress you know?
    Goodnight.
  10. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 03:57
    It was unnecessary.
    It was provoking and prodding.

I'm sorry.

I'm sometimes worse. So I am just giving you heads up.
    The joy of introducing someone to the truth of the Gospel is inco ...[text shortened]... of proselytizing many times.

We Christians are all works in progress you know?
    Goodnight.
    At one point I said to the dodging and dancing Grampy Bobby: "Perhaps you need to choose between attempting to proselytize and attempting to discuss something" and I said it without rancor. Do you think discussions with people who do not share your beliefs might sometimes benefit from my suggestion?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 05:07
    A purported relationship with God is something that theistic religions have in common. Do you agree with this statement or not? sonship agrees. Do you?
    Perhaps next week there will be an opportunity to present your question to my scholarly neighbors: Liam, the Old Professor,
    Dr. Calvin Qusz, Joe Mannix and Sam Sloan. Until then, let's place the stale rehash on the back burner. Thanks, N.B.
  12. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 05:35
    Perhaps next week there will be an opportunity to present your question to my scholarly neighbors: Liam, the Old Professor,
    Dr. Calvin Qusz, Joe Mannix and Sam Sloan. Until then, let's place the stale rehash on the back burner. Thanks, N.B.
    The question was posed to you, though, wasn't it? You dodging the question I asked will probably only go stale and disappear once you answer it. Alas, it will no doubt be replaced with fresh dodges and deflections on your part. 🙂

I think you know full well what some people will be thinking having witnessed your behavior on this thread: if your theology deprives you of the ability to empathize with spiritual people of other faiths (and acknowledge what they purport to believe, regardless of what you yourself purport to believe), I would say you are paying a price in terms of your own humanity, and in terms of your ability to understand of the human condition.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 05:511 edit
    The question was posed to you, though, wasn't it? You dodging the question I asked will probably only go stale and disappear once you answer it. Alas, it will no doubt be replaced with fresh dodges and deflections on your part. 🙂

I think you know full well what some people will be thinking having witnessed your behavior on this thread: if your the ...[text shortened]... n terms of your own humanity, and in terms of your ability to understand of the human condition.
    Nick, did you realize your nickname was mentioned three times by three different posters on February 8 and 12, 2014,
    more than a month before you joined Red Hot Pawn? Probably a mistaken identity. Thread 157776 (Page 3)
  14. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 05:54
    Nick, did you realize your nickname was mentioned three times by three different posters on February 8 and 9, 2014,
    more than a month before you joined Red Hot Pawn? Probably a mistaken identity. Thread 157776 (Page 3)
    Do you have another deflection up your sleeve for after this one? 😀
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 06:36
    Do you have another deflection up your sleeve for after this one? 😀
    Just a curiosity; I'll go get it so you can see.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree