1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 06:461 edit
    Originally posted by Nick Bourbaki
    Do you have another deflection up your sleeve for after this one? 😀
    Thread 157776 (Page 3/February 8-12, 2014)
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Who's Nick Bourbaki?

Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I heard he's a guy who pretends to be a woman on the internet.

And in this thread, I don't need proof to substantiate the accusation.

Originally posted by RJHinds
    Surely you are not implying that Nick Bourbaki is pretending to be Duchess64 are you? It is hard for me to imagine a man in his right mind pretending to be a woman.

Here they are, Nick.
  2. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 06:46
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Thread 157776 (Page 3/February 8-9, 2014)
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Who's Nick Bourbaki?

Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I heard he's a guy who pretends to be a woman on the internet.

And in this thread, I don't need proof to substantiate the accusation.

[i]Originally post ...[text shortened]... or me to imagine a man in his right mind pretending to be a woman.

Here they are, Nick.
    This does nothing to answer the question you have been dodging on this thread. 😀
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 06:51
    This does nothing to answer the question you have been dodging on this thread. 😀
    Going to your site profile the mystery became more curious:
    "About Nick Bourbaki
    Nick Bourbaki is not my real name. The name "Duchess64" was already taken."
  4. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 06:53
    Going to your site profile the mystery became more curious:
    "About Nick Bourbaki
    Nick Bourbaki is not my real name. The name "Duchess64" was already taken."
    This is not related to the question you are dodging in this discussion, a question that sonship had little difficulty answering unequivocally once he was clear what the question's purpose was.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 08:12
    What is it with some thread originators in this forum that they will not answer questions related the the theme of the thread? The JWs are repeat offenders at this and in fact Galveston is doing a similar thing in his worship thread.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 11:421 edit
    I edited my post - the "Quite" typo is history.

Where have I treated you with "contempt" on this thread?
    To clear up any confusion. And I hope really clear it up.

Nick never wrote the sentence "Quit proselytizing"
    I sonship wrote that in a kind of paraphrasing way.

He mentioned proselyting. And I kind of paraphrased it.

I apologize to Nick Bourbaki.
    Now let's forget it and go on to some substance.

What is so special about the "relationship with God" through Jesus ?
  7. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 12:09
    Originally posted by sonship
    What is so special about the "relationship with God" through Jesus ?
    Fire away. I have no intention of asking you to quit proselytizing.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 12:10
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    Relationship with God

"Adoption Introduction:
    The Scriptures teach that God has adopted two groups of people in history: (1) Israel (Deuteronomy 7:6; Romans 9:1-5) (2) Church (Romans 8:15; Ephesians 1:5). At the moment of conversion when they exercise faith alone in Christ alone the church age believer is adopted Roman style into the royal family of God through the baptism of the Spirit thus making him an heir of God and spiritual aristocracy. In adoption they receive the position of a son of God at the moment of conversion through the baptism of the Spirit. Every Christian obtains the place of a child and the right to be called a son the moment he believes in Jesus Christ for salvation (Galatians 3:25-26; 4:6; 1 John 3:1-2).

The New Testament teaches that the church has been adopted into the royal family of God as adult sons thus conferring upon them all the privileges and responsibilities that go along with this new relationship with God. The indwelling of the Spirit gives the guarantee of the believer’s adoption (Galatians 4:6). The filling of the Spirit enables the believer to experience his adoption. The full manifestation of the believer’s sonship awaits the resurrection of the church or the rapture which is called the “redemption of the body” (Romans 8:23; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17; Ephesians 1:14; 1 John 3:2).

The believer’s adoption into the royal family of God makes him an heir of God (Romans 8:15-17). The church age believer has been removed from the cosmic system as a child of the devil and has been placed as an adult son into the royal family of God, of which the Lord Jesus Christ is the Head (Colossians 1:13). Adoption means that the church age believer is spiritual aristocracy now and is intimately related to all three members of the Trinity. The adoption of the church age believer means: (1) Privileges as an adult son of God (2) Responsibility to grow to spiritual maturity. Romans 8:15 teaches that the church age believer has been adopted “Romans style” into the royal family of God."

"Adoption Responsibilities that go along with this new relationship with God. The indwelling of the Spirit gives the guarantee of the believer's adoption." Galatians 4: 4-7 "But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, 5. so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. 6. Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” 7. Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God." ["Abbá! Father!" also used as the term of tender endearment by a beloved child." -Strongs] 2013 Pastor/Teacher William E. Wenstrom, Jr. Bible Ministries

http://www.wenstrom.org/downloads/written/doctrines/soteriology/adoption.pdf

Purpose: To provide a point of reference for the consideration of those who doubt the authenticity of Relationship with God.
  9. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 12:33
    [b]Relationship with God

"Adoption Introduction:
    The Scriptures teach that God has adopted two groups of people in history: (1) Israel (Deuteronomy 7:6; Romans 9:1-5) (2) Church (Romans 8:15; Ephesians 1:5). At the moment of conversion when they exercise faith alone in Christ alone the ...[text shortened]... of reference for the consideration of those who doubt the authenticity of Relationship with God.[/b]
    This question, related to the OP, which you have dodged and dodged and dodged, is still hanging there, dodged...

A purported relationship with God is something that theistic religions have in common. Do you agree with this statement or not? sonship agrees. Do you?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 13:08
    This question, related to the OP, which you have dodged and dodged and dodged, is still hanging there, dodged...

A purported relationship with God is something that theistic religions have in common. Do you agree with this statement or not? sonship agrees. Do you?
    "A purported relationship with God is something that theistic religions have in common." (NB)

"purported: pur·port·ed adjective: said to be true or real but not definitely true or real." (Merriam-Webster)

.... with your qualifier ["purported"] prominently positioned, I agree with the generalization which is far afield from the OP.
  11. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 13:26
    .... with your qualifier ["purported"] prominently positioned, I agree with the generalization which is far afield from the OP.
    "Purported" was always "prominently positioned" in my questions throughout this discussion, as you well know. Anyway, it may have taken pages and pages of peculiar dodges and deflections, but you got there in the end. I thank you.

"....I agree with the generalization which is far afield from the OP.

Far afield from the OP?

I disagree. Your OP said:

"To provide a point of reference for the consideration of those who doubt the authenticity of Relationship with God."

Now that you have conceded that a purported relationship with God is something that theistic religions have in common, you will of course also concede that people from different religions will "doubt the authenticity of [the] relationship with God" that you purport to have, just as you will "doubt the authenticity of [the] relationship with God" that non-Christian theists purport to have.

So you see, the statement on theism and theistic religions that you and I have now agreed upon can hardly be described as "far afield from the OP".

Doubts and certainties about the authenticity of the relationship with God will vary from religion to religion, and will depend on the theology of the theist in question. So my observations are totally on topic. However, thanks for your attempt to summarize Christianity's basis for its adherents' purported relationship with God in your OP
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 18:57
    "Purported" was always "prominently positioned" in my questions throughout this discussion, as you well know. Anyway, it may have taken pages and pages of peculiar dodges and deflections, but you got there in the end. I thank you.

"[b]....I agree with the generalization which is far afield from the OP.

Far afield from the OP?

I disagree. Y ...[text shortened]... to summarize Christianity's basis for its adherents' purported relationship with God in your OP[/b]
    Final Comment: Faith alone in Christ alone is the beginning of relationship with God the Father. Those who have refused God's only provision for eternal life have no Royal Family Status. Any words they may speak or write of a 'relationship with god or God' are little more than ceremonial script, debater's technique calisthenics, semantic gyrations and/or social noise.
  13. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 23:29
    ....Any words they may speak or write of a 'relationship with god or God' are little more than ceremonial script, debater's technique calisthenics, semantic gyrations and/or social noise.
    It's kind of ironic how these words sound like they apply to your 'performance' on this thread. 🙂
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Mar '14 16:531 edit
    [b]Relationship with God

"Adoption Introduction:
    The Scriptures teach that God has adopted two groups of people in history: (1) Israel (Deuteronomy 7:6; Romans 9:1-5) (2) Church (Romans 8:15; Ephesians 1:5). At the moment of conversion when they exercise faith alone in Christ alone the ...[text shortened]... of reference for the consideration of those who doubt the authenticity of Relationship with God.[/b]
    O: God
    |
    |
    |
    o Believer in Christ

O: God

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Unbelievers

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree