1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    08 Sep '05 16:39
    I was talking with my girlfriend about religion in schools saying that in High School all the seniors should have to go to the gym once a week and learn of a different religion even atheism. And there they can choose for them selves and not there parents.

My sister in-law is a teacher and a freshmen girl who is a Mormon came up to her and asked her if she was a Christian so my sister in-law said yes and so they started talking about simularity's and differences. The girl said that her parents won't let her go anywhere other then the Mormon church. So the girl is going to jion the Christian club. and find a Christian friend to stay the night at that persons house and go to church with them the next day. So all you Christians out there pray for this girl her name is sephine.
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 00:23
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I was talking with my girlfriend about religion in schools saying that in High School all the seniors should have to go to the gym once a week and learn of a different religion even atheism. And there they can choose for them selves and not there parents.

My sister in-law is a teacher and a freshmen girl who is a Mormon came up to her and asked her if she ...[text shortened]... with them the next day. So all you Christians out there pray for this girl her name is sephine.
    I don't get it. Go to the gym to learn about religion? Would they also be taught about Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Raelianism? 'Atheism' is a religion? Mormons aren't 'Christians'? Funny stuff. Are you drunk?
  3. Earth Prime
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 00:28
    Originally posted by David C
    Mormons aren't 'Christians'?
    err. nope. Lead astray they are.
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 00:32
    Originally posted by Coconut
    How about Catholics?
  5. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 00:361 edit
    I demand that you also teach flying spaghetti monsterism in this gym of yours.

On a serious note, if you do that, you should require all students to take 2 extra science classes, in cosmology and evolutionary biology. A little specialized for high school, but an understanding of these needs to exist if you are going to start bombarding them with religions. Not everyone has to have one you know, If you don't like your religion, just drop it.

And on a legal note, it isn't constitutional, and shouldn't ever be.
  6. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 00:42
    I see. So they do not believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ?
  7. Joined
    08 Mar '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 05:22
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    How about Catholics?
    Yep, Catholics ARE Christians
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 06:16
    You sound like the guy from Star Wars lol.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 06:18
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    How about Catholics?
    The one that have accepted Christ are.
  10. Cosmos
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 07:03
    Grown ups should not really lie to children.

Thus religion should be off the curriculum.
  11. Meddling with things
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 07:24
    You sound like the guy from Star Wars lol.
    Yoda the jedi

According to the UK census Jedi is the fastest growing religion in Britain
  12. Meddling with things
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 07:25
    The one that have accepted Christ are.
    I love the way christians slag each other off
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 08:251 edit

My sister in-law is a teacher and a freshmen girl who is a Mormon came up to her and asked her if she ...[text shortened]... with them the next day. So all you Christians out there pray for this girl her name is sephine.
    are you praying that this girl accepts christ and becomes christian; or are you praying that she makes up her own mind on her own terms?
  14. Meddling with things
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 12:12
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    are you praying that this girl accepts christ and becomes christian; or are you praying that she makes up her own mind on her own terms?
    Or are you praying she comes accross for you?
  15. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 12:33
    What should be taught in schools is secular ethics. Ethics should include basic principles shared across all religions: "the golden mean" and so on.

Cultural anthropology could be a worthy subject; any study of human beings must necessarily include their belief systems.

There is no place for faith-based studies in secular schools; let the Sunday school professionals and their counterparts take care of that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree