1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 12:49
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I was talking with my girlfriend about religion in schools saying that in High School all the seniors should have to go to the gym once a week and learn of a different religion even atheism. And there they can choose for them selves and not there parents.

My sister in-law is a teacher and a freshmen girl who is a Mormon came up to her and asked her if she ...[text shortened]... with them the next day. So all you Christians out there pray for this girl her name is sephine.
    Does your girlfriend have anything to do with why you have been absent from the forums?
  2. London
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 12:53
    Originally posted by Coconut
    err. nope. Lead astray they are.
    It's difficult to think of Mormons as Christians given their very different views on God, Christ, Revelation etc. In that sense, they're probably even less Christian than the Jehovah's Witnesses.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 16:011 edit
    Originally posted by David C
    I don't get it. Go to the gym to learn about religion? Would they also be taught about Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Raelianism? 'Atheism' is a religion? Mormons aren't 'Christians'? Funny stuff. Are you drunk?
    I thought I said above all religions.

Just so they get a fell of what others believe.

Did anyone watch Oprah on Thursday they had a Christian man stay as a Muslim for a month in a big Muslim area in Michigan?
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 16:04
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    I love the way christians slag each other off
    A Christian is a person who has Accepted Christ as their savior, in a personal way.

Catholics says that they have been save by being baptised and then they say I am a good person I will go to heaven. now those are two diffferent way, there is only one way John 14:6.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 16:10
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    What should be taught in schools is secular ethics. Ethics should include basic principles shared across all religions: "the golden mean" and so on.

Cultural anthropology could be a worthy subject; any study of human beings must necessarily include their belief systems.

There is no place for faith-based studies in secular schools; let the Sunday school professionals and their counterparts take care of that.
    Like how there is no religion in School right now exsept for Clubs that are Christian or Jewish one.

Some school teach the Golden rule now that should not be alould then because that is part of religion.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 16:11
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Does your girlfriend have anything to do with why you have been absent from the forums?
    I said I was working in the Bay Area in Constuction.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 16:57
    I said I was working in the Bay Area in Constuction.
    Is it true that construction workers have sex on the brain all the time? That's kind of the stereotype.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 23:132 edits
    Is it true that construction workers have sex on the brain all the time? That's kind of the stereotype.
    Yes, a lot of them do. They would always stop working when a woman walked by.

But someone like you who at one time in his life was not a Christian should now this. That it is part of mans sinful nature. And women for that matter to.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 00:33

But someone like you who at one time in his life was not a Christian should now this. That it is part of mans sinful nature. And women for that matter to.
    Did you come across any female construction workers that had sex on the brain?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 00:402 edits
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    It's difficult to think of Mormons as Christians given their very different views on God, Christ, Revelation etc. In that sense, they're probably even less Christian than the Jehovah's Witnesses.
    I think Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses would find it as offensive for you to refuse to recognize them as Christians as Roman Catholics should be by RBHill's ignorant views regarding Catholicism.

EDIT: This link is a response to the claim that Mormons aren't Christians. http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/

EDIT2: Here is a site with the summary of the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/trueworship.htm. Please tell me what here is not "Christian" in your view.
  11. Cosmos
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 01:05

Did anyone watch Oprah on Thursday they had a Christian man stay as a Muslim for a month in a big Muslim area in Michigan?
    Not all of us live in America!

What happened to the Christian then?

Did he realised that all religions are just flawed dogma?
  12. Cosmos
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 01:07

Just remember this, all you Christians: Thinking about sex is sinful.

So is having sex.

So please don't have it ... ever.

You too Muslims....

...or anyone else who believes in a deity.
  13. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 16:07
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I think Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses would find it as offensive for you to refuse to recognize them as Christians as Roman Catholics should be by RBHill's ignorant views regarding Catholicism.

EDIT: This link is a response to the claim that Mormons aren't Christians. http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/

EDIT2: Here is a site with the summary o ...[text shortened]... w-media.org/beliefs/trueworship.htm. Please tell me what here is not "Christian" in your view.
    Of course, they're Christians. Though their dogma might differ slightly from traditional denominations, they still consider Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. Any claim otherwise is incorrect and/or wishful.
  14. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 16:15

Fine. There are a lot of religions. How would you feel if 9 out of 10 decided xtianity was a laughable joke, and religion in general was a simplistic response to aspects of the human psyche? I'm quite certain your answer to this question will be "Christianity is the truth. Clearly, given alternatives, they will choose my religion." (I can't pretend the spelling errors you'd surely make, though....)

Unfortuantely, I do not watch Oprah. Why don't you tell us, in your own words, what happened?
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 16:47
    Did you come across any female construction workers that had sex on the brain?
    I did see one.
    Only a boss lady who stud around and supervised.
    But see didn't say anything, see was kind of over weight herself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree