1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 16:49
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I think Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses would find it as offensive for you to refuse to recognize them as Christians as Roman Catholics should be by RBHill's ignorant views regarding Catholicism.

EDIT: This link is a response to the claim that Mormons aren't Christians. http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/

EDIT2: Here is a site with the summary o ...[text shortened]... w-media.org/beliefs/trueworship.htm. Please tell me what here is not "Christian" in your view.
    Mormons beleive that they will be God's someday and they believe that it is ok to have more then one wife.

JW's read out of the Watch Tower not the Holy Bible. They also have to get permission to have a bible study at their own house from the elders of the Church.
  2. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 16:551 edit
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Just remember this, all you Christians: Thinking about sex is sinful.

So is having sex. So please don't have it ... ever.

You too Muslims.... or anyone else who believes in a deity.
    I like this... maybe we should give Free Condoms to the religious, too?

Just in case they can't keep their libidos under wraps...

Think of the effect after two generations! No more breeding 'til you weep! No more religous wars!
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 17:131 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Mormons beleive that they will be God's someday and they believe that it is ok to have more then one wife.

JW's read out of the Watch Tower not the Holy Bible. They also have to get permission to have a bible study at their own house from the elders of the Church.
    Your ignorance knows no bounds. Please cite me where in the link I gave you it says Mormons believe they will be Gods (sic) someday. And polygamy is pretty common in the Bible (re King David, King Solomon, etc. etc. etc.) so what does that have to do with being a Christian?

The JW's link says they believe "The Bible
    It is God's infallible, inspired Word, upon which Jehovah's Witnesses base all their beliefs."

You are an idiot, but I think you know that.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 17:14
    Originally posted by David C
    Fine. There are a lot of religions. How would you feel if 9 out of 10 decided xtianity was a laughable joke, and religion in general was a simplistic response to aspects of the human psyche? I'm quite certain your answer to this question will be "Christianity is the truth. Clearly, given alternatives, they will choose my religion." (I can't pretend the s ...[text shortened]...
    Unfortuantely, I do not watch Oprah. Why don't you tell us, in your own words, what happened?
    You didn't watch Oprah??? You definitely are going to Hell.
  5. An' it harms none...
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 17:26
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Just remember this, all you Christians: Thinking about sex is sinful.

So is having sex.

So please don't have it ... ever.

You too Muslims....

...or anyone else who believes in a deity.
    I believe in a deity and neither thinking about, nor having sex, is a sin to me.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 17:35
    Originally posted by dags
    I believe in a deity and neither thinking about, nor having sex, is a sin to me.
    Then you're not doing it right.
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 17:39
    For monotheists, doing it right is always wrong.
  8. An' it harms none...
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 18:01
    Well I think I am. Perhaps you could...no wait on second thoughts...🙂
  9. Cosmos
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 02:29
    Originally posted by widget
    I like this... maybe we should give Free Condoms to the religious, too?

Just in case they can't keep their libidos under wraps...

Think of the effect after two generations! No more breeding 'til you weep! No more religous wars!
    Yes, it would be a dream come true!

What a world with no people deluded by idiotic fantasies about being made in God's image, going to a perfect place for all eternity when they die, etc.

Everybody could concentrate their efforts and energies on making this universe close to perfection. That truly would be utopia!
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 04:09
    I was talking with my girlfriend about religion in schools saying that in High School all the seniors should have to go to the gym once a week and learn of a different religion even atheism. And there they can choose for them selves and not there parents.

My sister in-law is a teacher and a freshmen girl who is a Mormon came up to her and asked her if she ...[text shortened]... with them the next day. So all you Christians out there pray for this girl her name is sephine.
    Ever thought of attending a Mormon temple for a while?

If not, the whole pluralistic bit at the beginning of your post was a waste of typing. Just get to the point. You wackos found another little kid to brainwash, and you're excited about it.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 01:09
    Your ignorance knows no bounds. Please cite me where in the link I gave you it says Mormons believe they will be Gods (sic) someday. And polygamy is pretty common in the Bible (re King David, King Solomon, etc. etc. etc.) so what does that have to do with being a Christian?

The JW's link says they believe "The Bible
    It is God's infallible, i ...[text shortened]... ah's Witnesses base all their beliefs."

You are an idiot, but I think you know that.
    Jw's are not born again.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 01:121 edit
    I have heard old JW's and Mormons that have come to my Church after they accepted Christ in a personal way and said what they had believed because of what their old religion said.
  13. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 01:16

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 01:41
    I have heard old JW's and Mormons that have come to my Church after they accepted Christ in a personal way and said what they had believed because of what their old religion said.
    I am sure that people who have left a faith are a more reliable source of that faith's belief systems then the websites made by the organizations themselves.
  15. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 01:451 edit
    I was talking with my girlfriend about religion in schools saying that in High School all the seniors should have to go to the gym once a week and learn of a different religion even atheism. And there they can choose for them selves and not there parents.

My sister in-law is a teacher and a freshmen girl who is a Mormon came up to her and asked her if she ...[text shortened]... with them the next day. So all you Christians out there pray for this girl her name is sephine.
    I used to pray every night for the English language. I've given up now as you are still butchering it.

Perhaps schools should spend less time teaching things they have no business teaching and learn to teach the damn basics. That way we get less children who leave school still not knowing the difference between there and their.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree