1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 15:38
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Again, in context this part of the post can easily be read, and I think more naturally so, as
    an aside to 'all us atheists' rather than specifically talking to you.

it would be like responding to someone's post and talking about it and then having a shout out to all you Lakers fans out there... it's not necessarily intended to include the person you are originally responding/talking to.
    You can try to justify his clumsy/careless form of expression all you want. I am simply curious as to why he referred to me as an atheist.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 15:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    If he responds to me and addresses me like he did, and he uses the word 'you', then he is referring to me, clearly. I am just curious as to why he has chosen to suggest I am an atheist when he has been on this web site for several years and surely knows it isn't so.
    I've been on this site for ten years and had no idea whether you were an atheist or not.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 15:43
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I've been on this site for ten years and had no idea whether you were an atheist or not.
    Now is his chance to proclaim his beliefs so that future events do not arise.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 15:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    You can try to justify his clumsy/careless form of expression all you want. I am simply curious as to why he referred to me as an atheist.
    I am not trying to justify it, just saying I don't think, (and didn't read it as), he was referring to you as an
    atheist, and don't think it's a justified assumption based on what he said.

He might have been including you, but it is not a given based on what he wrote.

This might be me being biased by me knowing you are not an atheist, but then it didn't pop out to me as
    odd for him to be referring to you as an atheist because I didn't think he did.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 15:53
    Yeah, well it helps if you actually read what other people say, rather than simply ignoring
    them and repeating your own arguments over and over again.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 15:55
    I am not trying to justify it, just saying I don't think, (and didn't read it as), he was referring to you as an
    atheist, and don't think it's a justified assumption based on what he said.

He might have been including you, but it is not a given based on what he wrote.

This might be me being biased by me knowing you are not an atheist, but then it ...[text shortened]... to me as
    odd for him to be referring to you as an atheist because I didn't think he did.
    For the record I don't know what FMF believes. The fact of the matter is that most on this sight seem to be agnostic/atheist. My guess was that FMF was an agnostic or something close to one. If I'm wrong then I retract my statement. I still await FMF to clear up the matter, that is, if he so desires.
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 15:563 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Calm down man. If you have the God gene and love handles to go along with it, you are golden.

BTW: Do you attend church or just believe in a God?
    nm
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 15:57
    Yeah, well it helps if you actually read what other people say, rather than simply ignoring
    them and repeating your own arguments over and over again.
    If certain other people actually said something worth reading then I might just do that.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 16:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    For the record I don't know what FMF believes. The fact of the matter is that most on this sight seem to be agnostic/atheist. My guess was that FMF was an agnostic or something close to one. If I'm wrong then I retract my statement. I still await FMF to clear up the matter, that is, if he so desires.
    Really? my perception is that theists outnumber atheists as regular posters.
    Their are plenty enough of both to make assuming someone is one or the other more of a gamble than is sensible.

Also, you are either a theist, or an atheist, there is no middle ground.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 16:02
    If certain other people actually said something worth reading then I might just do that.
    Amazing that you can tell whether a post is worth reading without reading it....
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 16:031 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why do you refer to me as an atheist?
    I put it down to binary mentality on the part of fundamentalist Christians. From their perspective the only god that could possibly exist is the one that is associated with their own idiosyncratic interpretation of one (out of many) versions of the Bible. As such if you fail to believe in a 6000 year old earth, and fail to praise Bible-"God" in at least one out of every two posts you cannot be a theist (since theist = Christian in their eyes, any other "religion" is just serving the Devil). On these grounds, given that you yourself don't champion the fundie cause, you are seen as an atheist.
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 16:06
    Amazing that you can tell whether a post is worth reading without reading it....
    Just one of my many talents.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 16:13
    Just one of my many talents.
    Only reading those posts written by people who already agree with you must be fantastic for your ego...

Must explain why yours is so large.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 16:17
    Really? my perception is that theists outnumber atheists as regular posters.
    Their are plenty enough of both to make assuming someone is one or the other more of a gamble than is sensible.

Also, you are either a theist, or an atheist, there is no middle ground.
    not quite true, there is the agnostic, who, not wanting to limit his search for truth to
    purely unintelligent agencies has an open mind, but seeing no compelling evidence for
    the existence of a divine entity, reserves his decision.
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 16:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    not quite true, there is the agnostic, who, not wanting to limit his search for truth to
    purely unintelligent agencies has an open mind, but seeing no compelling evidence for
    the existence of a divine entity, reserves his decision.
    Nope, read my bio and my last post in the "tone of meaning" thread.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=143226&page=4

Theism and atheism are complete and exclusive. you are one or the other.
    They are defined as being not-the other one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree