Religious quandary

Religious quandary

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
09 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
If you haven't declared yourself to have "righteousness", who has?
Sorry you were telling us how you logically got from the text that i provided that a self deceleration of righteousness was made. Please go through your thought process for our benefit.

F

Moves
09 Feb 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Oh i see, then clearly despite being an alleged Christian for how many years, 20? you have no grasp or any understanding at all what the propitiatory sacrifice of Jesus Christ means to Christians and how on its basis Christians can be declared righteous. That is absolutely astonishing. I don't think I have ever met someone so absolutely devoid of un ...[text shortened]... bout Christian principles. Are you sure it wasn't more like twenty minutes you were a Christian?
I never declared myself to have "righteousness". Do all Christians who believe in Jesus' sacrifice for them have "righteousness"?

F

Moves
09 Feb 16

Sorry you were telling us how you logically got from the text that i provided that a self deceleration of righteousness was made. Please go through your thought process for our benefit.
If no one, including yourself, has actually declared you to have "righteousness" then how can you use the label to refer to yourself?

rc

Moves
09 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
I never declared myself to have "righteousness". Do all Christians who believe in Jesus' sacrifice for them have "righteousness"?
No one has suggested that you have. Why you have the idea that a Christian declares themselves righteous we are trying to ascertain, so far you have been unable to provide a single iota, did you simply make it up?

rc

Moves
09 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
If no one, including yourself, has actually declared you to have "righteousness" then how can you use the label to refer to yourself?
Your thought process, where did you get the idea from the text that I provided that a Christian declares themselves righteous, please, third time asking.

F

Moves
09 Feb 16

No one has suggested that you have. Why you have the idea that a Christian declares themselves righteous we are trying to ascertain, so far you have been unable to provide a single iota, did you simply make it up?
Where did you get the label "righteousness" for yourself from?

F

Moves
09 Feb 16

Your thought process, where did you get the idea from the text that I provided that a Christian declares themselves righteous, please, third time asking.
You're referred to yourself as "having righteousness". No one else did. You have made the claim here on this thread.

rc

Moves
09 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
Where did you get the label "righteousness" for yourself from?
So you cannot tell us how you got the idea that a Christian declares themselves righteous from the text that I provided. Where did you get it from then? Did you make it up? Do you normally make things up and try to argue on the basis of these values that you have fabricated?

rc

Moves
09 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
You're referred to yourself as "having righteousness". No one else did. You have made the claim here on this thread.
Clearly you understand little about my text infcat the entire point of it was to explain that a Christian DOES NOT have righteousness but that on the basis of Christ's sacrifice they can be declared righteous. Are you in your senses?

F

Moves
09 Feb 16

So you cannot tell us how you got the idea that a Christian declares themselves righteous from the text that I provided. Where did you get it from then? Did you make it up? Do you normally make things up and try to argue on the basis of these values that you have fabricated?
If you do not see yourself or label yourself as "having righteousness", then that's fine. I understand. I thought you were saying that you have had "righteousness" attributed to you by your God figure. If not, fine.

F

Moves
09 Feb 16

...a Christian DOES NOT have righteousness but that on the basis of Christ's sacrifice they can be declared righteous.
So? Have you been declared "righteous"?

rc

Moves
09 Feb 16
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Can you tell us from the text how Christians have righteousness, here it is again,

Christians are not righteous, very first line.

How have you somehow manage to construe the idea that Christians have righteousness? Did you think a slight of hand was going to help you, Are you not up to your neck in it already? What did i really say, that Christians have righteousness attributed to them Oh dear. Caught not only fabricating values but once again dishonestly attempting to attack others on the basis of values that they have not expressed. You are not doing very well. Perhaps its not as funny as you had hoped.

F

Moves
09 Feb 16

can you tell us from the text, here it is again,

Christians are not righteous,

that you somehow manage to construe the idea that Christians have righteousness? Did you think a slight of hand was going to help you, Are you not up to your neck in it already? What did i really say, that Christians have righteousness attributed to them Oh dear. ...[text shortened]... ey have not expressed. You are not doing very well. Perhaps its not as funny as you had hoped.
If you're not claiming to have had "righteousness" attributed to you, then I take it all back. I thought you were labeling yourself as "having righteousness" as a result of some supernatural event. If you are not, and if you are not claiming that "righteousness" has been attributed to you, then I have got the wrong end of the stick.

rc

Moves
09 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
If you're not claiming to have had "righteousness" attributed to you, then I take it all back. I thought you were labeling yourself as "having righteousness" as a result of some supernatural event. If you are not, and if you are not claiming that "righteousness" has been attributed to you, then I have got the wrong end of the stick.
How is having righteousness attributed to one the same as actually being righteous? have you understood a single word of my text?

F

Moves
09 Feb 16

...A Christian DOES NOT have righteousness but that on the basis of Christ's sacrifice they can be declared righteous.
Do you expect to be "declared righteous" some day?