1. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    12 May '05 20:25
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Matthew 3:2 "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
    Isn't it morally better to repent because you feel bad about what you've done rather than out of fear of judgment? Consider the difference between a child saying 'sorry' because he fears what will happen when his dad comes home from work and a child saying 'sorry' because he feels guilty about doing something he recognizes as wrong. The first child is acting merely egoistically.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 May '05 20:38
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Isn't it morally better to repent because you feel bad about what you've done rather than out of fear of judgment? Consider the difference between a child saying 'sorry' because he fears what will happen when his dad comes home from work and a child saying 'sorry' because he feels guilty about doing something he recognizes as wrong. The first child is acting merely egoistically.
    Let's work this from the other angle. Isn't it better that the child, as you say, has some sense of remorse and is able to say "i'm sorry" or even behave responsibly because it is the better way to do things, than becomes compliant and pleasing only because there is an ice cream cone at the end of the day?
  3. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    12 May '05 20:42
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Have you ever thought of the Kingdom of Heaven?
    only after hearing about it from JESUS CHRIST
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 May '05 20:44
    Originally posted by Coletti
    It's all about the soul.
    Sounds more like a threat to conform.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 May '05 20:45
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    The Kingdom of heaven is more powerful than anything that the world could ever think of.
    The kingdom of heaven was invented by the world.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 May '05 20:48
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Let's work this from the other angle. Isn't it better that the child, as you say, has some sense of remorse and is able to say "i'm sorry" or even behave responsibly because it is the better way to do things, than becomes compliant and pleasing only because there is an ice cream cone at the end of the day?
    My wife had her 'God Child' come stay with us. He spent a few bucks of his money on gum. My wife held the gum, and he kept asking for it. She gave him about 3 pieces each day, so that was more like 5 or so over the weekend.

She brings the kid back to meet his mother, and says... 'Oh, here is his gum'.

The mother says, 'What? He's not supposed to have gum'. (Cat was out of the bag now!)

She calls the child over and says, 'Why did you get gum? You know you are not supposed to have gum.'

The kid said, "sorry" and does that little head tilt body twisting half smile thing....

Mother says, "You're sorry? Would you do it again? If so, I guess you are not sorry, are you?".

Now he was starting to act a bit sorry.

Well, my wife and friend decide to have a piece of gum, just to ruffle the kids feathers a bit more... but Joke was on them!

The gum was about the sourest purple stuff you could imagine, and came in huge blocks. They were trying not to make pucker faces, and it was killing them!

Anyway, don't say 'sorry' unless you are... and don't be sorry just cuz you got busted. Don't ask to be forgiven, don't do it again would be much better.

ES
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    12 May '05 21:17
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    The kingdom of heaven was invented by the world.
    GOD created the Kingdom of Heaven. The world as we know it, will never know what the Kingdom of Heaven is like.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    12 May '05 21:36
    Originally posted by bbarr
    You don't repent and come to God becasue of fear, but because of love, perfect love drives out all fear, I can a Christian and I fear not.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 May '05 22:06
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    GOD created the Kingdom of Heaven. The world as we know it, will never know what the Kingdom of Heaven is like.
    Then neither can you, for you are part of this world.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 May '05 22:08
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Then neither can you, for you are part of this world.
    The world will never know because Jesus was not part of this world.
    The Bible says the world never will now him, God MUST reveal himself in a personal way to the person to have them accept his free gift of salvation or reject it.
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    12 May '05 22:15
    You don't repent and come to God becasue of fear, but because of love, perfect love drives out all fear, I can a Christian and I fear not.
    If you "loved" christ you would see no need to have Paul correct Him.
    Repent from your Pauline ways and seek Christ!
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 May '05 22:18
    Canned Christians?

ES
  13. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    12 May '05 22:301 edit
    The Bible says the world never will now him, God MUST reveal himself in a personal way to the person to have them accept his free gift of salvation or reject it.
    nothing's "free" If it comes with strings attached.
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 May '05 22:33
    If Jesus came and lived on the earth, he was part of this world. I don't care what christian dogma claims.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 May '05 22:34
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    nothing's "free" If it comes with strings attached.
    I know Christ died he paid for it, so now we get it free.
    And now these are not Pauls woulds they are the Holy Spirits words spoken through Paul.

Ephesians 2:8-10 For by GRACE you have been SAVED through FAITH; and this is NOT your own doing, it is the GIFT of God-- 9 not because of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree