REPENT

REPENT

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
13 May 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
Yes I have read MATTHEW Chapter 25, and I know that I am bound by my faith to follow every word. One thing I have found in Life is there is no pride in truth. That is one of the reasons that I thank GOD, that HE allows me to not only live the truth, but to speak the truth as well. Can you that do not believe say the same.
Warning........do not condemm yourself.
This isn't a game of one-up-man-ship. You have brought it on yourself. Either follow Christ or follow Paul, it's that simple.
For the last time I will say this to you : Christ is the only source you need to understand what is required for Christian salvation.

b

Moves
14 May 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
BF: Yes I have read MATTHEW Chapter 25, and I know that I am bound by my faith to follow every word.

Then why do you deny the truth of Jesus' words in Matthew 25:31-46 which clearly state that on Judgment Day ALL will be judged on how they treated their fellow men? You are not speaking the truth to claim otherwise. Either Jesus is wr ...[text shortened]... BHILL, acting like a Pharisee by shouting you are "Saved" in everyone's face: see Luke 11:43.
I have never and cannot deny the truth of JESUS. I believe in the complete WORD OF GOD. I believe in the complete WORD from GENESIS to REVELATIONS. I believe that a servant of GOD must obey every Word that JESUS CHRIST has said. I believe that the faith that I have in CHRIST will see to it, that I will do all that it takes to gain entrance into THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. All that it takes. If it takes going to those that are imprisoned. If it takes feeding the hungry. Clothing the naked. Housing the homeless. All that it takes. I thank GOD, that I belong to a BIBLE believing ministry, that does follow all those Words that JESUS CHRIST spoke and taught. So on that great day of Judgement I will have no excuse.
I have no intentions of letting my Life Testifying against me. What is your excuse?

b

Moves
14 May 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
This isn't a game of one-up-man-ship. You have brought it on yourself. Either follow Christ or follow Paul, it's that simple.
For the last time I will say this to you : Christ is the only source you need to understand what is required for Christian salvation.
You not only need to understand what CHRIST said. You need to do what CHRIST said. Are YOU?

b

Moves
14 May 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Really? Explain Matthew 25:31-46 then; I'm sure there's a fundie "cheat sheet" you can use somewhere.
Ok, How does THE WORD OF GOD affect your life? On that great day of judgement, will GOD be pleased with your life? On that great day how will THE LORD, reward You? With everlasting life or everlasting punishment?

b

Moves
14 May 05

Originally posted by Metamorphosis
Be on your guard against mechanically regurgitating teachings you've been indoctrinated with.

One day all realize that "being saved" does not mean that your personal accountability has been transferred to God's bank account, and that your soul now automatically resides in some Swiss "heaven" of holy cheese. Do not mistake spiritual realizatio ...[text shortened]... e only way; follow it, or be doomed."

Where have we heard that before? Hmm, let me see...
Except you have not mentiond CHRIST and THE WORD OF GOD. THE WORD OF GOD is easy to understand and follow. You have to have the Want To. You have to want to obey GOD. You have to have the Want To serve GOD. You have to have the Want To to accept The Salvation that is offered by JESUS CHRIST. And rest assure that on the that great day of Judgement noone will have a excuse for not accepting Salvation. Noone will not have an excuse for not accepting the Word that was spoken by JESUS CHRIST. I will have no excuse and neither will you.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 May 05

I have never and cannot deny the truth of JESUS. I believe in the complete WORD OF GOD. I believe in the complete WORD from GENESIS to REVELATIONS. I believe that a servant of GOD must obey every Word that JESUS CHRIST has said. I believe that the faith that I have in CHRIST will see to it, that I will do all that it takes to gain entrance into THE KIN ...[text shortened]... no excuse.
I have no intentions of letting my Life Testifying against me. What is your excuse?
You are a brainless parrot. You don't even understand Christ's words; "your faith" will not be sufficient without works according to Scripture to gain salvation. Your ministry is a bunch of Pharisees who ignore those words of Jesus that contradict the tenets of your fundamentalist cult. You in your arrogance and hubris think YOU have been given some special decoder ring so that you can understand Scripture better than anyybody else when it was meant for ALL men, not just the ones with the conceit to claim they are saved when that is up to God, not you. You make me sick, hypocrite; calling yourself a Christian and shouting at others that you will be saved and they will go to Hell. Nobody promoted you to God; you're just a twisted, little boy striking back at the world in your hatred for the rest of the human race. If Jesus was here and heard your blasphemies, he'd toss you out of his temple pronto.

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
14 May 05

Except you have not mentiond CHRIST and THE WORD OF GOD. THE WORD OF GOD is easy to understand and follow. You have to have the Want To. You have to want to obey GOD. You have to have the Want To serve GOD. You have to have the Want To to accept The Salvation that is offered by JESUS CHRIST. And rest assure that on the that great day of Judgement noon ...[text shortened]... cepting the Word that was spoken by JESUS CHRIST. I will have no excuse and neither will you.
Peter Noone?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
14 May 05

I have never and cannot deny the truth of JESUS. I believe in the complete WORD OF GOD. I believe in the complete WORD from GENESIS to REVELATIONS. I believe that a servant of GOD must obey every Word that JESUS CHRIST has said. I believe that the faith that I have in CHRIST will see to it, that I will do all that it takes to gain entrance into THE KIN ...[text shortened]... no excuse.
The coolest thing in the universe is ..I don't have to answer to you , or your Pauline doctrine.

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
14 May 05

Except you have not mentiond CHRIST and THE WORD OF GOD. THE WORD OF GOD is easy to understand and follow. You have to have the Want To. You have to want to obey GOD. You have to have the Want To serve GOD. You have to have the Want To to accept The Salvation that is offered by JESUS CHRIST. And rest assure that on the that great day of Judgement noon ...[text shortened]... cepting the Word that was spoken by JESUS CHRIST. I will have no excuse and neither will you.
By the way, your status has been upgraded from "Lunatic" to "Raving Lunatic". Congratulations.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
14 May 05

Ok, How does THE WORD OF GOD affect your life? On that great day of judgement, will GOD be pleased with your life? On that great day how will THE LORD, reward You? With everlasting life or everlasting punishment?
jeez kiddo , you get so riled up, tend to your own salvation.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
14 May 05
1 edit

He asked a valid question... but next he throws in some Burn In Hell's Fires crap.

How will Jesus judge each one of us? I don't know. Let's find out.

I'm not even sure you care like you say you do. You are still rubbing your hands with these words you spew. You hope you are part of a select few, you boast to be part of a select few!

How will anyone judge us in the afterlife? ON OUR ACTIONS. Spread the word of Jesus if you like, but don't use fear. If Jesus wanted you warning everyone they are going to Hell, he would have said it flat out. He said "The path to Heaven is through me".

Fine, it is if He says so... but that doesn't say:

The only way you go to Heaven is if you bow before me and believe in ME! ME ME ME! I am Jesus, and you will burn! BURN BABY! BURN!!!!!!

So, why do you keep saying it?

ES

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
14 May 05

All that it takes. I thank GOD, that I belong to a BIBLE believing ministry, that does follow all those Words that JESUS CHRIST spoke and taught. So on that great day of Judgement I will have no excuse.
Hey, Blindfaith, you've been asking a lot of questions, but you haven't answered
mine.

Have you fed the hungry today or this week?
Have you visited the imprisoned?
Have you comforted the sick?
Have you clothed the naked?

If not, then you aren't a Christian, no matter how many times you capitalize 'BIBLE'
in your posts.

Nemesio

M

Moves
14 May 05

Christ is a legitimate expression of the maximum spiritual potential of a human. But you have to disentangle the essence of Christ from the organized religions that have born his name for centuries. Jesus had nothing to do with the established religious clergy of his time. It is almost certain that he would not share company with them now, either, even if they now profess to represent him on Earth.

The Pope, with his immaculate robes and kingly bearing and status, is much more akin to a Roman Emperor than he is to the simple, unpretentious, Zen-like wiseman who spoke the words of the Sermon on the Mount. There is a very specific reason why the term is Roman Catholic, as is clear from the events of the early 4th century BC and the crucial influence of Roman Emperor Constantine on the ratification of the Nicene creed equating Jesus, and only Jesus, with God. The Church is a hybrid of Roman absolutism and certain attempts to preserve what Jesus taught.

Most who aspire to connect with Christ do so in current times via organized religion, and its adherence to hierarchy and liturgical dogma. But to truly "follow Jesus" you have to connect directly with his spirit, outside of organization or dogma. Once a decision to move in this direction is made, the universality of what Christ represents becomes more clear. "Christ" is simply a metaphor for the living potential in each human being. Seeing this frees you of the need to preach to others from a platform of righteousness or fear.

The "fear of God" is simply an ancient echo of the control of organized religions, stretching back into ancient times, likely to the brotherhoods in Sumeria. It gets confused with the valid teachings of bona fide mystics, and the end result is the fanatic who truly believes that he must convert others else he (or they) will face certain punishment.

Relax, there is nothing to fear. Spiritual truth is already all around us, in the forms of reality that arise in your field of perception this very moment. We simply have to open our eyes to the infinity of this moment. The "eternal" is already present, here, now. All else is but a passing dream, a misgiving about the past, or a fear of the future.

Moves
14 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Then neither can you, for you are part of this world.
I can live in the world but not be part of the world.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
14 May 05

Originally posted by Metamorphosis
Christ is a legitimate expression of the maximum spiritual potential of a human. But you have to disentangle the essence of Christ from the organized religions that have born his name for centuries. Jesus had nothing to do with the established religious clergy of his time. It is almost certain that he would not share company with them now, either, even ...[text shortened]... ere, now. All else is but a passing dream, a misgiving about the past, or a fear of the future.
Splash