1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 05:38
    @philokalia said
    I have just quoted the original post of this thread -- it appears to be a series fo questions about Christ and the doctrine of hell directed specifically to Dive, but I assume can generally be answered by anybody.

The focus is on God who condemns people to hell clearly in this series of passages, the moral perfection of God, and questions of "perfect justice" and punish ...[text shortened]... o other talking points you have in other threads.

So, y ou can see where the problem lies.
    There is no problem with what I have posted.
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 05:41
    @fmf said
    There is no problem with what I have posted.
    It's actually off the given topic and a deflection.

However, in the sense that it isn't in violation of the law or forum rules... Lol, ok, sure.
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 05:42
    @fmf said
    The way I post is fine. You're wasting your time trying to lecture me.
    Really? You didn't want to combine that with the post you did immediately after this? These limp objections all need their own separate posts?

See, in some forums, this would be considered spamming.

But it's not here.

I guess I'd just call it sloppy.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 05:45
    @philokalia said
    You recently claimed that as much as 90% of all posts are in reference to you.
    Actually, no. But I see what you did there. I recently claimed that as much as 90% of your posts are dreary off-topic personal remarks addressed to me.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 05:46
    @philokalia said
    Really? You didn't want to combine that with the post you did immediately after this? These limp objections all need their own separate posts?

See, in some forums, this would be considered spamming.

But it's not here.

I guess I'd just call it sloppy.
    I disagree with you. And I'm not interested in your advice.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 05:47
    @philokalia said
    It's actually off the given topic and a deflection.

However, in the sense that it isn't in violation of the law or forum rules... Lol, ok, sure.
    My posts are OK.
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 05:53
    I think we both desire to have the last word.

We could solve it by agreeing to "give a last word" on a topic and let that be the end of it.

I recollect proposing that months ago.

What do you say?

Should we do it that way?

Should I make one response, and then give you the last word?

It sounds like positive cooperation would solve this problem!
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 05:54
    @philokalia said
    I think we both desire to have the last word.

We could solve it by agreeing to "give a last word" on a topic and let that be the end of it.

I recollect proposing that months ago.

What do you say?

Should we do it that way?

Should I make one response, and then give you the last word?

It sounds like positive cooperation would solve this problem!
    You should just ignore the posts you don't find relevant or interesting.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 06:111 edit
    @sonship said
    Revelation 20:14 says that death is discarded into the lake of fire.
    Verse 15 says those whose names are not recorded in the book of life are cast there.
    You were talking about a "final accounting" recently [ Thread 179896 and Thread 179977 ] and also expressing some sort of strongly indignant and condemnatory feelings about Jews being murdered in the Holocaust. Thread 180265.

And here, with a kind of serendipity, you are talking about Revelation 20:14,15. Thread 4004019

So, let me get your beliefs straight: to you, Revelation 20:14,15 ~ and the other bits and pieces of scripture you cite ~ mean that the Jews who were murdered in the Holocaust [for example] were not actually annihilated [ Thread 179967 ] by the Nazis and, instead, they sort of lived on after death and faced a "final accounting" for their lack of belief in Jesus, and so face eternal "torment in burning flames", is that the long and short of it?
  10. S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 06:31
    @fmf said
    You were talking about a "final accounting" recently [ Thread 179896 and Thread 179977 ] and also expressing some sort of strongly indignant and condemnatory feelings about Jews being murdered in the Holocaust. Thread 180265.

And here, with a kind of serendipity, you are talking about Revelation 20:14,15. Thread 4004019
    ...[text shortened]... belief in Jesus, and so face eternal "torment in burning flames", is that the long and short of it?
    He actually stated in the original post a whole string of statements relevant to your question.

7.) Do you believe is obligated to FORCE all men to desire reconciliation to God ?

8.) Do you believe it is just for God to warn the irrecoverable that they will not enjoy never being reconciled or forgiven by God - and in terms which are impossible to misunderstand?

8.) Do you believe "perfect justice" by nature cannot include punishment ?

9.) Do you assume that I know all the ways in which someone's name may be entered into "the book of life" ?

10.) Do you assume that I believe the unevangelized or have never heard the gospel must be lost?

11.) Do you assume that I believe that because I believe Christ's teaching I should be qualified to personally conduct the last judgment myself ?

12.) Do you assume that I believe there is no opportunity for some died in ambiguous or difficult to ascertain (by Christians) circumstances?

Maybe you should've read the original post and dealt with the conclusions you could've made from these about his position.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 06:38
    @philokalia said
    He actually stated in the original post a whole string of statements relevant to your question.
    I am interested in what he has to say about Jews who were victims of the Holocaust and who went to their deaths not believing in Jesus.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 06:39
    @philokalia said
    Maybe you should've read the original post and dealt with the conclusions you could've made from these about his position.
    I think my contribution to this thread has been better and more on-topic than yours. But you should post as you see fit.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 06:49
    How could he POSSIBLY comment about MILLIONS of people he never met as if they are some collective identity which he can appraise?!

He was very careful to note that he can't judge that kind of thing.

You read what he wrote, right?

Yet you persist in asking a question like that.

So you don't get it?
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 06:51
    ... Or is this all just about like whether or not they have eternal souls?

That's it?

The metaphysics of a Christian... On death...

And wondering if the Christian believes their death in earth was... Final....

And you're asking a non heretical Christian...?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 06:51
    @philokalia said
    How could he POSSIBLY comment about MILLIONS of people he never met as if they are some collective identity which he can appraise?!

He was very careful to note that he can't judge that kind of thing.

You read what he wrote, right?

Yet you persist in asking a question like that.

So you don't get it?
    Just thumb down any posts you don't like.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree