1. S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 00:50
    @fmf said
    I think my contributions to this community are better than yours. I am the topic and target of maybe as many as 90% of your posts on this Forum. Meanwhile, I have debated and discussed hundreds of things with countless people. You are welcome to your creepy cathartic behaviour but I imagine you will tire of it sooner rather than later and disappear.
    This is not meant to be mean, but I think it is clear to most people that you regularly dredge up the words of people specifically as they relate to forum drama and, if anything, the fact that so many posts are "addressed to you" show your pernicious effect on this forum.

it also sounds like you are stroking your own ego.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 00:55
    @philokalia said
    This is not meant to be mean, but I think it is clear to most people that you regularly dredge up the words of people specifically as they relate to forum drama and, if anything, the fact that so many posts are "addressed to you" show your pernicious effect on this forum.

it also sounds like you are stroking your own ego.
    If you think your incessant off-topic fixation on me creates good content for the forum, then that is your prerogative.
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 01:27
    @fmf said
    If you think your incessant off-topic fixation on me creates good content for the forum, then that is your prerogative.
    You have made the effort to derail this thread from the beginning and I've pointed it out.

As you continue denying it, I continue pointing it out.

This isn't a fixation but holding you accountable for your routine deflection and derailment.

Try to answer the questions that Sonship put forward or interact with them meaningfully, that's my advice.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 01:36
    @philokalia said
    You have made the effort to derail this thread from the beginning and I've pointed it out.
    I have been posting about Revelation 20:14,15
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 01:37
    @philokalia said
    This isn't a fixation but holding you accountable for your routine deflection and derailment.
    You seem fixated on me in much the same way as Romans1009 was fixated on Ghost of as Duke.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 01:44
    @philokalia said
    Try to answer the questions that Sonship put forward or interact with them meaningfully, that's my advice.
    I think the purpose and content of my posts are fine as they are. No amount of off-topic obsessive personal browbeating on your part is going to make me alter how I post in order to make it meet with your approval. I am interested in sonship's supposed "final accounting" but he has blanked it out for obvious reasons. Revelation 20:14,15 is relevant to this.
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 01:47
    @fmf said
    I think the purpose and content of my posts are fine as they are. No amount of off-topic obsessive personal browbeating on your part is going to make me alter how I post in order to make it meet with your approval. I am interested in sonship's supposed "final accounting" but he has blanked it out for obvious reasons. Revelation 20:14,15 is relevant to this.
    You were asking him questions about the Holocaust and eternal hell fire, totally changing the topic outlined in the original post.

Maybe your issue is that you don't understand the breadth of the debate about hell and honestly think that it is reduced to the ridiculously narrow question.

Maybe a good exercise for you would be trying to accurately state the doctrine of hell from the perspective of someone who believes it. Maybe that would better prepare you for discussions on the topic.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 01:561 edit
    @philokalia said
    You were asking him questions about the Holocaust and eternal hell fire, totally changing the topic outlined in the original post.
    Yes, and it is fine. It is totally relevant to the dynamic discourse that has been going on in this community across several threads these past 48 hours or so. It's fine. I don't need your approval.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 01:58
    @philokalia said
    Maybe your issue is that you don't understand the breadth of the debate about hell and honestly think that it is reduced to the ridiculously narrow question.
    I do understand the breadth of the debate about "Hell". I asked a specific question. Understanding the breadth of the debate about "Hell" requires all manner of questions and answers, whether they be specific or broad.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 02:00
    @philokalia said
    Maybe a good exercise for you would be trying to accurately state the doctrine of hell from the perspective of someone who believes it.
    I did. And you made a few half-baked dismissive comments and then blanked that whole discussion out and elected to make off-topic personal remarks about my posting style instead - pages and pages of them. But that's OK. You should acquit yourself as you see fit.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 02:064 edits
    @philokalia said
    Revelation 20:14,15 is a verse about the Lake of Fire where the never-ending process of "torment in burning flames" [as you put it] supposedly begins.

Does Revelation 20:14,15 make sonship think that Holocaust victims and survivors who "reject" Christ face the process of "torment in burning flames" after they die.

This question related to Revelation 20:14,15 is an organic question tied into similar stuff that's being discussed from various angles across serveal threads.

He seems concerned about the fate of the Jews in one sense and yet he seems to be using Revelation 20:14,15 to assert that Jews [who reject Christ] faced eternal torture after being gassed in Nazi death camps and did not get to 'rest in peace'. See "Does Death Mean Non-existence?"

sonship refers to it as the "final accounting". And it's rooted in Revelation 20:14,15
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 02:19
    Philokalia, the nature of my contribution seems to have gone over your head. Your browbeating is boring.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 04:50
    @fmf said
    Yes, and it is fine. It is totally relevant to the dynamic discourse that has been going on in this community across several threads these past 48 hours or so. It's fine. I don't need your approval.
    The general philosophy a lot of people have is that we should discuss the relevant points in the relevant threads.

You recently claimed that as much as 90% of all posts are in reference to you... maybe you could really help the forum by not spreading out the content of one thread to all other threads until everywhere you're having the same conversation.

This would make for more organized discussion, wouldn't it? And being that as much as 90% of all activity on this forum goes back to you...

IT'd be fair to say that the salvation of this forum from this sort of total disarray is squarely on your strong shoulders.
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 04:53
    @sonship removed their quoted post
    I have just quoted the original post of this thread -- it appears to be a series fo questions about Christ and the doctrine of hell directed specifically to Dive, but I assume can generally be answered by anybody.

The focus is on God who condemns people to hell clearly in this series of passages, the moral perfection of God, and questions of "perfect justice" and punishment.

It also involves questions of the nature of salvation and who gets there, and he makes the case that he is ignorant of every path that leads to salvation.

These are all interestign dsicussion points and you didn't go for any of them but are re-directing talking points back to other talking points you have in other threads.

So, y ou can see where the problem lies.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 05:37
    @philokalia said
    The general philosophy a lot of people have is that we should discuss the relevant points in the relevant threads.

You recently claimed that as much as 90% of all posts are in reference to you... maybe you could really help the forum by not spreading out the content of one thread to all other threads until everywhere you're having the same conversation. ...[text shortened]... alvation of this forum from this sort of total disarray is squarely on your strong shoulders.
    The way I post is fine. You're wasting your time trying to lecture me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree