1. S. Korea
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 08:22
    @fmf said
    sonship, would you have warned them that the Nazi death camps were the least of their worries [according to your beliefs]?
    This is a deflection and not an actual argument.

You are detracting from a new line of questioning in a common theme that we have, and are trying to redirect everything back to your talking points.

This is intellectually dishonest.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 08:33
    @philokalia said
    This is a deflection and not an actual argument.
    I think it's fine as posts go. sonship is blanking out a question - on another thread - about the fate of people who don't believe in Jesus after they die. Revelation 20:14,15 is relevant to this.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 08:34
    @philokalia said
    You are detracting from a new line of questioning in a common theme that we have, and are trying to redirect everything back to your talking points.
    I disagree. I think my contribution to this thread so far has been far, far better than yours.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 09:001 edit
    @philokalia said
    This is intellectually dishonest.
    No, it isn't "intellectually dishonest" on my part. Maybe you don't quite know how to use the term properly.

By contrast, for sonship to bandy about his morally incoherent notion of a "final accounting" [including stuff like Revelation 20:14,15] when he's trying ~ as far as I can make out, on that other thread ~ to create some faint stink of guilt-by-association for "Atheism" - and by extension, atheist posters here - by citing a very carefully curated list of genocides, then I think there is a bit of a discursive integrity problem. But not on my part.

My question to sonship is about Revelation 20:14,15 and it's about his intellectual behaviour on a thread concurrent with this and related to it.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 10:48
    I have heard you all speak very extensively about genocide and burning fires of hell, etc. In fact, it seems to be a non-stop theme.

How about Dive, as he beliv4es in Christ, attempts to account for the Christ who spoke of Hell a bit for a change.

I think it is derailment to bring it back to your talking points on the offense and not allowing the other side to bring up their own talking points.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 10:51
    @philokalia said
    I have heard you all speak very extensively about genocide and burning fires of hell, etc. In fact, it seems to be a non-stop theme.

How about Dive, as he beliv4es in Christ, attempts to account for the Christ who spoke of Hell a bit for a change.

I think it is derailment to bring it back to your talking points on the offense and not allowing the other side to bring up their own talking points.
    Me posting is not preventing anyone from posting. No one is "not allowing" anyone else to bring up talking points that interest them.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 10:56
    @philokalia said

This is a question to everyone not just you. Outside of Jesus how many NT or the OT writers spoke about Hell? Jesus spoke about it more than anyone else in any of the books, and He didn't pull punches, there is a day coming when evil and wickedness will no longer be allowed to pollute the souls of man, all who are given over to either who are servants of sin will be dealt with, it isn't going to go well for them.
  8. S. Korea
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 12:38
    @fmf said
    Me posting is not preventing anyone from posting. No one is "not allowing" anyone else to bring up talking points that interest them.
    About a week ago or so you told me to stop stalking your posts or whatever.

Just like you told me what would be a better way to post, I am giving you criticism and informing you that your posting style is disruptive and bad.

That's how I am using my posts:

To tell you to stop derailing every thread where a legitimate question is coming up because you want to spam it about a topic we have already amply covered.

It's intellectually dishonest because you know this thread would be discussing his perspective of the question but, even though he gives you the time of day on your talking points, you have decided that he doesn't deserve to be engaged on his own grounds.

You claim to always want to have fair play and fair discussion, but when it's time to do it and you feel uncomfortable with the line of questioning, you go into derailment & deflection mode.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 12:44
    @philokalia said
    About a week ago or so you told me to stop stalking your posts or whatever.

Just like you told me what would be a better way to post, I am giving you criticism and informing you that your posting style is disruptive and bad.

That's how I am using my posts:

To tell you to stop derailing every thread where a legitimate question is coming up be ...[text shortened]... d you feel uncomfortable with the line of questioning, you go into derailment & deflection mode.[/i]
    You're wasting your breath.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 13:32
    @sonship said
    1.) Did Jesus Christ commit intellectual incongruence [edited] to teach that men should fear God's unlimited reach in punishing ? See Luke 12:4,5.

If I commit intellectual incongruence for believing Christ's word in Luke 12:4,5 then I do so according to Christ's intellect.

2.) Did Jesus commit "moral hypocrisy" in teaching the lesson o ...[text shortened]... of the Son of God. We may not see everything through His eyes yet and are astonished at some things.
    How do you marry Luke 12:4,5 with 1 John 4:18?

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love...'
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 15:431 edit

Removed by poster

12. S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 00:09
    @fmf said
    You're wasting your breath.
    I'm wasting my breath? How so?

I'm pointing out that you regularly engage in deflection and thread derailment to everybody.

It doesn't matter if you don't actually change. It's something that I find cathartic to be right about these things and see you respond negatively because, I speculate, you know what you're doing is wrong.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 00:10
    @philokalia said
    I'm wasting my breath? How so?
    Because it will have no effect on me.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 00:14
    @philokalia said
    It doesn't matter if you don't actually change. It's something that I find cathartic to be right about these things and see you respond negatively because, I speculate, you know what you're doing is wrong.
    I think my contributions to this community are better than yours. I am the topic and target of maybe as many as 90% of your posts on this Forum. Meanwhile, I have debated and discussed hundreds of things with countless people. You are welcome to your creepy cathartic behaviour but I imagine you will tire of it sooner rather than later and disappear.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 00:16
    @philokalia said
    I'm pointing out that you regularly engage in deflection and thread derailment to everybody.
    Most of the posts you address to me dodge what I have said, deflect instead of engage, and take threads on pointless tangents of off-topic personal remarks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree