Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '19 15:252 edits

Removed by poster

2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '19 15:38
    If you'd had the opportunity in 1945, might you have printed Revelation 20:14,15 onto leaflets and had the Allied air forces drop them over the compounds of Nazi concentration camps as the Allied troops coming to liberate the surviving Jews drew near?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '19 21:36
    @sonship said:

“Divegeester, these questions are primarily for you about your above paragraph to me. Let your next post consist of twelve answers please TO the twelve questions.”

Sonship, I will begin answering your questions when you answer mine in the OP of “calling out sonship” thread.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 05:141 edit
    @divegeester

Sonship, I will begin answering your questions when you answer mine in the OP of “calling out sonship” thread.

No you won't.

This is a device that you will always employ to not address my questions.

You will never be able to control people. Answers you don't like will always be your excuse to imagine that you have not been answered.

I have some points to make which don't require you to answer anything.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 05:17
    @fmf said
    If you'd had the opportunity in 1945, might you have printed Revelation 20:14,15 onto leaflets and had the Allied air forces drop them over the compounds of Nazi concentration camps as the Allied troops coming to liberate the surviving Jews drew near?
    sonship, would you have warned them that the Nazi death camps were the least of their worries [according to your beliefs]?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 05:232 edits
    1.) Did Jesus Christ commit intellectual incongruence [edited] to teach that men should fear God's unlimited reach in punishing ? See Luke 12:4,5.

If I commit intellectual incongruence for believing Christ's word in Luke 12:4,5 then I do so according to Christ's intellect.

2.) Did Jesus commit "moral hypocrisy" in teaching the lesson of Luke 12:4,5?

If I commit "moral hypocrisy" in believing the lesson Christ taught in Luke 12:4,5 then I do so according to Christ's morality.

3.) Does "astonishment" at a teaching from Christ necessarily mean what is taught in not true ?

There are things in the Word of God which are astounding.
    There are things taught by Jesus Christ which are astonishing.

One day when we are fully conformed to the image of the Firstborn Son of God (Rom 8:29) believers will see EVERYTHING through the eyes of the Son of God. We may not see everything through His eyes yet and are astonished at some things.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 05:471 edit
    4.) If "burning alive" is what I teach why did were you not able to prove that physical death means non-existence ?

Revelation 20:14 says that death is discarded into the lake of fire.
    Verse 15 says those whose names are not recorded in the book of life are cast there.

So they cannot be alive. It is the second death not "the second life."

Since it is a realm in which NO ONE alive has experience God must communicate it to us in terms that we can understand.
    And no one, including Divegeester, has yet shown in the thread Does Death Mean Non-existence that physical death means non-existence.

5.) Did the Bible tell you the count of how many sinners will be lost? Where do you get your assurance that "billions" will be lost? I simply ask you HOW DO YOU KNOW the count ? That is all.

When Jesus Christ was asked whether it would be few who would be saved, He gave no definite numbers.
    In modern Internet terms He would have been accused of dodging the question.

It is none of our business to know the counts at the very, very end of all finality.
    He answered that many will seek to enter and will not be able.

This answer assumes that you have to be seeking to enter.
    Many are ignorant and are not seeking to enter something that they do know needs to be sought to enter.

The Christian is to preach the gospel.
    The Christian (not the skeptic) has any idea of FINAL statistics of those lost forever.

I find many caveats in the Bible which indicate that we should expect surprises.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 05:494 edits
    6.) Do you believe that God is perfect in morality ? Yes or No ?

Jesus TAUGHT Luke 12:4,5. If you are a Christian either you believe He is PERFECT in absolute goodness and taught it or He is IMPERFECT in absolute goodness and taught it.

I believe the FORMER.
    No one has indicated that the interpretation of Luke 12:4,5 doesnt mean punishment beyond physical death and beyond what human beings are able to inflict.

7.)
    Do you believe is obligated to FORCE all men to desire reconciliation to God ?

The point has to come when a man feels the terrible weight and responsibility of his own free will.
    God created beings with the ability and right to CHOOSE.

It is both a wonderful gift and can be a terrible one if the will of God is not chosen.

God desires all men to be saved and to come to the full knowledge of the truth.

8.) Do you believe it is just for God to warn the irrecoverable that they will not enjoy never being reconciled or forgiven by God - and in terms which are impossible to misunderstand?

Non-existence is not the result of physical death.
    Since it is a realm which by experience no one alive can discuss, we better take Gods word for it that the state exists. It exists and can be one of suffering.

9.)
    Do you believe "perfect justice" by nature cannot include punishment ?

A few times in the Old Testament God told the Israelites - Your eye shall not pity.
    It may astound us but there is a realm in which even the pity of God is no longer available.

The critics job is to make it as if that realm is right around the corner, is close, is easy to fall into to.
    It may not be at all easy to fall into.
    But that does not make it non-existent.

A favorite psalm of Divegeester is Psalm 136 in which it is repeated in every verse that God's mercy endures forever.
    Yet even in that Psalm of His mercy there is judgment on some.

Ie. Verse 10 - To Him who struck Egypt in their firstborn; For His mercy endures forever.
    Verse 15 - And shook off Pharoah and his force into the Red Sea. For His mercy endures forever.
    Verse 17 - To Him who struck great kings, For His mercy endures forever.

In enduring mercy God will sometimes have to judge His enemies who trouble His people on whom He is having mercy.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 06:01
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

No you won't.
    Oh yes I will.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 06:103 edits
    @divegeester

Oh yes I will.

No you won't. I don't think about it anymore.
    The questions were rhetorical. Discussion can take place despite your refusal to answer.

I expect you to live on in the past and in your imagination.

I expect you to make excuses for not being able to control others' words in reply to your questions.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 06:13
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Oh yes I will.

No you wont. I don't think about it anymore.
    I expect you to live on in the past and in your imagination.

I expect you to make excuses for not being able to control others' words in reply to your questions.
    My post about your church’s position on the trinity and your inability to discuss my OP remains glaringly avoided by you, I wonder why that is....

When you answer my question unequivocally I will answer yours.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 06:162 edits
    @divegeester

My post about your church’s position on the trinity and your inability to discuss my OP remains glaringly avoided by you, I wonder why that is....

Anyone interested - read thread on Calling Out Sonship etc. etc. from the top. See how I answered Divegeester.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 06:181 edit
    @sonship said
    In my opinion you are in a cult sonship and you are being manipulated.

It’s obvious to anyone here (except possibly Philokalia who seems to have difficulty following threads from one day to the next) that you refuse to address my OP in that thread because you are concerned about disagreeing with your overlords publically.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 06:191 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Anyone interested - read thread on Calling Out Sonship etc. etc. from the top. See how I answered Divegeester.
    We have all read it sonship!

Your responses did not answer the questions and you know it. You can’t hide here.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 06:22
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    Expecting you to answer a question unequivocally is not “control”, it’s very odd that you think it is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree