1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 09:324 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No it isn't. Of course it isn't. How can "ONE" be the same as "THREE".

Good grief no wonder they hate you in the science forum.
    Well, this is the Spirituality Forum and I am allowed to use the Holy Bible for my beliefs here. But let me clarify that I am not saying "ONE" is the same as "THREE". I said three in one. We can have three persons in one car can't we? How about three persons in one family?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 12:00
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well, this is the Spirituality Forum and I am allowed to use the Holy Bible for my beliefs here. But let me clarify that I am not saying "ONE" is the same as "THREE". I said three in one. We can have three persons in one car can't we? How about three persons in one family?
    How bout the fact the whole thing was just made up by men in the first place, could just as easily been a quartet of gods or a quintet. Or a Duo. Men love things in three's. You hear a story where the protagonist has to justify some action, and it is always three deals to explain his position. So it's not surprising your religious originators chose three halves of a god in a trinity. All man made of course.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 19:091 edit
    How about sticking to only what is written: "hear oh Israel The Lord your God is one".

Not three in one
    Not a trinity
    Not triune

one, singular, solitary member of the Godhead manifested several ways. Stick to scripture RJHinds, if something is not in there we may speculate, but not make doctrines out of that speculation, not revere it by capitalising it, and certainly not condemn those who contend against you for the truth over it.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jul '14 00:102 edits
    How about sticking to only what is written: "hear oh Israel The Lord your God is one".

Not three in one
    Not a trinity
    Not triune

one, singular, solitary member of the Godhead manifested several ways. Stick to scripture RJHinds, if something is not in there we may speculate, but not make doctrines out of that speculation, not revere it by capitalising it, and certainly not condemn those who contend against you for the truth over it.
    Don't forget that it was orginally written in Hebrew and the word for one in not the Hebrew word that only means a number one. The original Hebrew word actually used could mean a unity, like when Adam and Eve were said to have been joined in marriage as one flesh.

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

(Genesis 2 :24)

Also how would account for the fact that the Hebrew word translated as God in Genesis 1:26 is Elohim, which is the plural and plural pronouns are used? (See below)

And God said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea...
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Jul '14 01:04
    you seem to be pretty full of your own unique importance Pugenik, here are a handful of your statements in this thread:

[b]"You divegeester have never tried to receive God in His fullness.

I know the voice of Jesus and the Father

It is the Holy Spirit that lets me know that you have not strived to earnestly go beyond basic fundamentals when it c ...[text shortened]... ystic. i know a handful of people who are like me to a degree

So very special aren't you?[/b]
    Yes I am, but you are also very special. Have I not strived to teach the importance we all have as God's children. How he cherishes each of us and all that we do.

I have been straight forward and honest, as prideful as those statements might seem.

Maybe I unsettle you with my openness. Certainly no one else here claims to know God's voice (in triplicate 🙂 ).

I know this is all hard to swallow, how unbelievable it can all sound. A guy claiming to be 'God's favored arrow'. (i put that in for a reason - Gfa). The catholic mystic thing, some call me that, but i am not one exactly, I am something different.

In myself i am nothing, but in God - everything.
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Jul '14 01:25

Not three in one
    Not a trinity
    Not triune

Please excuse me for interrupting. Let me para-phase a bit to shorten the text
    John 1:1-18
    In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God.
    He was with God in the beginning.
    Through Him all things were made.
    The Word became flesh, and dwelt among us.
    No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is Himself God

We are sticking to what is written, are we not?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jul '14 03:55
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Please excuse me for interrupting. Let me para-phase a bit to shorten the text
    John 1:1-18
    In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God.
    He was with God in the beginning.
    Through Him all things were made.
    The Word became flesh, and dwelt among us.
    No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is Himself God

We are sticking to what is written, are we not?
    No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

(John 1:18 KJV)
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 06:47
    Don't forget that it was orginally written in Hebrew and the word for one in not the Hebrew word that only means a number one. The original Hebrew word actually used could mean a unity, like when Adam and Eve were said to have been joined in marriage as one flesh.

[b]Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: a ...[text shortened]... OUR
    image, after OUR likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea...[/b]
    Nowhere in scripture are any of the following:

- trinity (capitalised, revered, holy or otherwise)

- triune

- God in three persons

- The eternal son

Where these concepts do appear is in paganism and the council of Nicaea.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 06:49
    Maybe I unsettle you with my openness.
    LOL, you wish.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 06:532 edits
    I have been straight forward and honest, as prideful as those statements might seem..
    Yes, you are prideful but you're not honest in my opinion.

You generally talk nonsense on Christian matters and then frequently refuse to engage. For example your comment a few weeks ago "even Jesus had his demons" which I challenged you on a few times and you avoided. Of course you were "exhausted at the end of a long day".

You're full of it.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 10:04
    Nowhere in scripture are any of the following:

- trinity (capitalised, revered, holy or otherwise)

- triune

- God in three persons

- The eternal son

Where these concepts do appear is in paganism and the council of Nicaea.
    Those concepts are in the Holy Bible, especially revealed in the New Testament. Maybe you should read it, instead of spouting off nonsense about paganism, like the Jehovah's Witnesses.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 10:31
    Yes I am, but you are also very special. Have I not strived to teach the importance we all have as God's children. How he cherishes each of us and all that we do.

I have been straight forward and honest, as prideful as those statements might seem.

Maybe I unsettle you with my openness. Certainly no one else here claims to know God's voice (in triplic ...[text shortened]... m not one exactly, I am something different.

In myself i am nothing, but in God - everything.
    Can you really blame anyone for believing you are lying when you claim to have heard the voice of God. They call me stupid, a moron, an idiot, a fool, and a nut job for just saying I believing what the Holy Bible says about creation. And I have never even claimed to hear directly from God.

However, I did claim to get these feeings at times that I believe might be some workings of the Holy Ghost, but that was dismissed as my imaginations, at best, and workings of the Devil, at worst. Very few, if any, believe that I am a Christian, because I attack them as strongly as they attack me. They claim a Christian would lay down and roll over for them.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 11:452 edits
    The fact that you acknowledge that the early Christians baptized in One name instead of three titles is just more evidence of the three in one nature of God.

Witness Lee teaches the heretical doctrine that the Son is actually the same Person as the Father and the same Person as the Holy Ghost, which sonship agrees with. On the other hand, I agree with the orthodox Christian Doctrines of the Trinity and the Incarnation.
    The fact that you acknowledge that the early Christians baptized in One name instead of three titles is just more evidence of the three in one nature of God.

Good grief, of course it isn't. It is evidence that -- the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit is Jesus Christ.

Witness Lee teaches the heretical doctrine that the Son is actually the same Person as the Father and the same Person as the Holy Ghost, which sonship agrees with. On the other hand, I agree with the orthodox Christian Doctrines of the Trinity and the Incarnation.

There is one entity in the godhead as is clearly stated in scripture a hundred times: hear oh Israel The Lord your god is ONE.

That person is currently represented as Jesus Christ because that is the name given by which we may access god and be saved.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 11:481 edit
    Those concepts are in the Holy Bible, especially revealed in the New Testament. Maybe you should read it, instead of spouting off nonsense about paganism, like the Jehovah's Witnesses.
    Show me these (those in my post) words in scripture and will send you a million dollars.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 12:24
    Show me these (those in my post) words in scripture and will send you a million dollars.
    You know you are not going to send me a million dollars, so why say such a thing? There is not one place that has all those idea together in one place. It requires many sciptures that are used together to actually see it. Why don't you look for them yourself and keep the million dollars with a clear conscience.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree