1. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 00:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    The "different circumstances with the other Witnesses" I have known was that they were not as inept and alienating as you are. We had intricate and robust discussions many a time, and yet I was never called "evil" and never accused of doing the work of "Satan" or accused over and over and over and over again of being "foul and slimy" for holding opinions that were different from them.
    You'll all be very sorry when you eventually
    realise that there is no GOD.

You have all been fooled..............not by any GOD but by men.

When yo're gone you're gone.
    There won't be any paradise.......no heaven, no hell, no 70 virgins or whatever it is
    you believe in.

There are only those who come after you.

I sincerely hope they don't make the same mistakes you all made.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 00:45
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    You'll all be very sorry when you eventually
    realise that there is no GOD.

You have all been fooled..............not by any GOD but by men.

When yo're gone you're gone.
    There won't be any paradise.......no heaven, no hell, no 70 virgins or whatever it is
    you believe in.

There are only those who come after you.

I sincerely hope they don't make the same mistakes you all made.
    you have no proof for your assertions, ironic, considering what you are claiming.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 03:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    The "different circumstances with the other Witnesses" I have known was that they were not as inept and alienating as you are. We had intricate and robust discussions many a time, and yet I was never called "evil" and never accused of doing the work of "Satan" or accused over and over and over and over again of being "foul and slimy" for holding opinions that were different from them.
    "evil" and never accused of doing the work of "Satan" or accused over and over and over and over again of being "foul and slimy"

I don't believe I've ever called you anything of the sort.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 03:49
    Originally posted by galveston75
    "evil" and never accused of doing the work of "Satan" or accused over and over and over and over again of being "foul and slimy"

You made a comment about how "other Witnesses" might respond to me. The insults about being "foul and slimy" come from robbie carrobie, and he resorts to them thread after thread, seemingly as soon as he gets a question from me that gets to the heart of an inconsistency in what he has said. Surely you have read these insults here many times? You yourself have accused me of being "evil" and/or doing the work of "Satan" several times.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 01:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    You made a comment about how "other Witnesses" might respond to me. The insults about being "foul and slimy" come from robbie carrobie, and he resorts to them thread after thread, seemingly as soon as he gets a question from me that gets to the heart of an inconsistency in what he has said. Surely you have read these insults here many times? You yourself have accused me of being "evil" and/or doing the work of "Satan" several times.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 02:18
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The insults about being "vile and slimy" or "foul slime" or the taunts about me being allegedly abused as a child or being mentally ill, come from robbie carrobie, and he resorts to these kinds of things thread after thread, seemingly as soon as he gets a question from me that gets to the heart of an inconsistency in what he has said. Surely you have read these insults here many times?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 03:541 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The insults about being "vile and slimy" or "foul slime" or the taunts about me being allegedly abused as a child or being mentally ill, come from robbie carrobie, and he resorts to these kinds of things thread after thread, seemingly as soon as he gets a question from me that gets to the heart of an inconsistency in what he has said. Surely you have read these insults here many times?
    still stalking the Gman, why don't you leave him alone and try to interact with other
    users, ones who may want to correspond with you? (Rhetorical question).
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 04:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    still stalking the Gman, why don't you leave him alone and try to interact with other
    🙂
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 04:102 edits
    No stalking going on, robbie. Just trying to contribute to the debates and discussions going on in this community. galveston75's right to type asterisks instead of engage in debate is no different from my right to engage in the ongoing debate by typing proper posts that seek to advance it. Let people interpret his lack of answers as his inability to answer if they want to. Let people interpret his demeanour and mine as they see fit.

It would seem that ostentatiously demonstrating his resentment at being asked difficult questions means more to him than actually addressing those questions and clearing up the inconsistencies and apparent arbitrariness of some of his claims. Attempts to shun or abuse those who ask difficult questions will have no effect on those who favour robust discourse and who do not shy away from disagreement.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 08:19
    You announced to the forum you had blanked FMF's posts a few days ago, yet here you are reading and answering them. Did you really blank them Robbie?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 10:55
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    You announced to the forum you had blanked FMF's posts a few days ago, yet here you are reading and answering them. Did you really blank them Robbie?
    yes i blank them but this is an exception as he is just being creepy, stalking the
    Gman after he has been told that he has no interest in what he has to say.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 10:593 edits
    yes i blank them but this is an exception as he is just being creepy, stalking the
    Gman after he has been told that he has no interest in what he has to say.
    galveston75's claims are still circulating here in our little corner of the public domain. If galveston75 declines the opportunity to debate the credibility of his claims, fair enough, maybe someone else will step in and try to explain his contradictions for him. He may choose to silence himself in the face of questions he finds difficult or impertinent, but I don't see why I should be silenced just because he is unable to process disagreement.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 11:07
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    It seems robbie's "Ignore Button" allows some posts through for him to see and read, but only if they are posts of a "this is an exception" kind . Some Button, that!
  14. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 11:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    I spent years talking to JWs on my doorstep and sometimes in the sitting room of my house. I used to meet a JW couple for lunch regularly at the Denny's in my town when I lived in Japan. I had many a discussion with JWs in Australia. I had good friends who were JWs back in Britain but they got ostracized; they remained Christians though. I have been talking to J ...[text shortened]... come across terribly, and I truly hope that you've got some different chops on the doorsteps.
    Your last sentence is like one of the worst things you can say to a JW I would think.
  15. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 11:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    The ones I have met in real life have been mostly pleasant folks. Modest, generous, little or no vanity, not pompous at all. Earnest and courteous, but - ultimately - unconvincing, and imbued with a kind of "spirituality" that I have no wish to emulate, regardless of how genial and kind their faith may have made them.
    That's kind of been my thoughts and experience.

While I am always annoyed by any solicitor knock at the door, the JW always politely goes away and I know they are trying to do good from their perspective.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree