Robbies Insults thread

Robbies Insults thread

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Mar 11

Originally posted by whodey
So you refuse to back up your claims?
So you reckon I'm a communist eh? So you can pin - in part, at least - the crimes of Stalin and Mao on me now, yeah? And my criticism of Israel makes me anti-semitic and thus a supporter of terrorism, thrown in for good measure, eh? My concern for Palestinians links me to Mufti so and so, 70 years ago and thus links me to Hitler, eh? Did I even know there was a Holocaust, that's "the only question", as far as whodey's concerned. And I haven't condemned Al Qaeda enough, isn't that how it goes, so perhaps I am a supporter, eh? And something bad happened to some people in Indonesia, so I presumably supported the bad thing, because I support the bad people, right? And I disagreed with you about the WHO and DDT so I must have been condoning or advocating the deliberate genocide of 500,000,000 people, eh?

You are notorious, whodey. And the ridiculous demented hyperbole that characterizes your insults, theories and accusations at Debates is infamous. It defines you. You can call me a liar as much or as loudly as you want.

w

Moves
05 Mar 11
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
So you reckon I'm a communist eh? So you can pin - in part, at least - the crimes of Stalin and Mao on me now, yeah? And my criticism of Israel makes me anti-semitic and thus a supporter of terrorism, thrown in for good measure, eh? My concern for Palestinians links me to Mufti so and so, 70 years ago and thus links me to Hitler, eh? Did I even know there was a tes is infamous. It defines you. You can call me a liar as much or as loudly as you want.
You are taking threads and twisting them FMF style. For example, I have said in the past that I feel that anti-zionism is nothing more than a mask for antisemitism. I never once called you a Holocaust supporter nor did I say that just because you may disagree with zionist you are antisemetic. As for DDT, I shared a thread about Mark Lavines Liberty and Tyranny where he was critical of WHO and their restriction of the use of DDT. In effect, he argued that had DDT been allowed to have been used millions of lives could have been spared. In fact, the governments in Africa recently began trying to push for its use, however, the bad PR against DDT in the past has proved difficult to overcome. People continue to fight its use even though many would probably be saved.

As far as being a communist, all I said was that you support increased government. The only difference between you and a communist then becomes to what degree?

Again, you twist and lie and is probably why you refuse to post any of the threads in question. Of course, perhaps you don't want to be bothered with the likes of Whodey. If so, the question begs, why then do you follow me around haranging me at every turn?

F

Moves
06 Mar 11

You are taking threads and twisting them FMF style. For example, I have said in the past that...
As I said before, tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself, whodey.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Mar 11

Originally posted by FMF
As I said before, tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself, whodey.
I told myself something once, but I couldn't prove it, so now I don't believe a word I say. 😕🙂

rc

Moves
06 Mar 11
1 edit

You are taking threads and twisting them FMF style. For example, I have said in the past that I feel that anti-zionism is nothing more than a mask for antisemitism. I never once called you a Holocaust supporter nor did I say that just because you may disagree with zionist you are antisemetic. As for DDT, I shared a thread about Mark Lavines Liberty and Tyr Whodey. If so, the question begs, why then do you follow me around haranging me at every turn?
how is anti Zionism the same as anti Semitism????, are the Arabs not also Semites? yes? well then, what are you talking about? Surely the WHO had good reason to limit the use of pesticide, i mean, it wasn't an arbitrary decision, was it. Your comment with regard to increased government support as equating to communism is equivalent to stating then the only difference between you and an anarchist is simply the level of diminishing government interference you will tolerate. Have you ever considered that FMF might actually like you, despite his haranguing, which he may do to try to bring you to your senses?

w

Moves
06 Mar 11
3 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
how is anti Zionism the same as anti Semitism????, are the Arabs not also Semites? yes? well then, what are you talking about? Surely the WHO had good reason to limit the use of pesticide, i mean, it wasn't an arbitrary decision, was it. Your comment with regard to increased government support as equating to communism is equivalent to stating the ...[text shortened]... actually like you, despite his haranguing, which he may do to try to bring you to your senses?
Again, I never said that antizionism equals antisemitism. What I said was I think antizionism is often a mask for antisemites, at least from my observations.

As far as the use of DDT, an environmentalist movement in the US began the demonization of the use of DDT. It then prompted the creation of the EPA in the US. The whole crux of what Lavin was trying to say was that the demonization of DDT was mainly due to the effort to form the EPA. Whether good or bad comes from it, it is the continued expansion of government to whom Congress recently gave power to declare a naturally occuring substance, carbon dioxide, a pollutant. Now carbon dioxide is the new term being deomonized. In fact, every breath you take is contributing to its increase. Should we then tax your every breath Robbie?

As for the ills of DDT, it is like any other chemical. If not used correctly it will have adverse effects However, it has been shown that the best way to use it is for the population in Africa to use small amounts in their homes. Again, the countries in Africa have recently begun to promote the use of DDT once again. Simply put the benefits far outway the possible risks, but again, the term DDT has been demonized so the populace does now not trust what their liocal governments are telling them and it is all due to the original environmentalist movements in the US.

Make no mistake, any time government expands it is done so to "fix" something. In fact, often measurable good comes from it. However, to own up to negative consequences, such as millions dying in Africa unecessarily, is more than many like FMF can stomach.

As far as FMF liking me, if he does how does he treat those he hates? 😲

Come to think of it, I think TOO might be head over heals in love with me!! 😀

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
06 Mar 11

Again, I never said that antizionism equals antisemitism. What I said was I think antizionism is often a mask for antisemites, at least from my observations.

As far as the use of DDT, an environmentalist movement in the US began the demonization of the use of DDT. It then prompted the creation of the EPA in the US. The whole crux of what Lavin was tryin ...[text shortened]... hates? 😲

Come to think of it, I think TOO might be head over heals in love with me!! 😀
It has been firmly established that DDT and it's breakdown products DDE and DDD (which share very similar effects) are highly persistent and markedly lipophilic as well as being resistant to metabolism. Consequently their potential to bioaccumulate, especially in predatory birds and marine organisms is much higher than with many other equally effective although admittedly often more expensive pesticides. DDT is toxic to many non-pest organisms and it's catastrophic effects on birdlife are well-documented and still continuing, despite being banned four decades ago in the US. To equate the toxicity of DDT with that of Carbon Dioxide is clearly specious. I strongly disagree with your suggestion that "it has been shown that the best way to use it is for the population in Africa to use small amounts in their homes". I'm pretty sure that if there are any studies that conclude this, they're doing so on a short-term cost-effectiveness basis only. In the long term, continued use of such a pernicious chemical can only be detrimental to ecosystems worldwide.

F

Moves
06 Mar 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
It has been firmly established that DDT and it's breakdown products DDE and DDD (which share very similar effects) are highly persistent and markedly lipophilic as well as being resistant to metabolism. Consequently their potential to bioaccumulate, especially in predatory birds and marine organisms is much higher than with many other equally effecti ...[text shortened]... ntinued use of such a pernicious chemical can only be detrimental to ecosystems worldwide.
One of whodey's main claims in that DDT thread was that the "statists" at the WHO deliberately banned DDT in order to commit a calculated genocide - in a deliberate attempt to kill 500 million people - or whatever it the number was that whodey made up. Of course those of us who questioned his hyperbole were said to have "condoned" the "statists' genocide" which was worse than Hitler, Stalin and Mao combined, which is typical of people - much of a muchness with communists who favour increased government blah blah blah...

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
06 Mar 11

Originally posted by FMF
One of whodey's main claims in that DDT thread was that the "statists" at the WHO deliberately banned DDT in order to commit a calculated genocide - in a deliberate attempt to kill 500 million people - or whatever it the number was that whodey made up. Of course those of us who questioned his hyperbole were said to have "condoned" the "statists' genocide" which ...[text shortened]... a muchness[/i] with communists who favour increased government blah blah blah...
Well, I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but that one does seem a little lacking in legs. Perhaps Whodey will let us know from where he comes by the information?

F

Moves
06 Mar 11

Well, I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but that one does seem a little lacking in legs. Perhaps Whodey will let us know from where he comes by the information?
If memory serves, from a book by a far right U.S. talk radio shock jock.

w

Moves
06 Mar 11
2 edits

THe book is called Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Lavin in a chapter called envirostatism.

Contrary to FMF's post, I don't think that the suppression of DDT was done specifically to kill off the population of Africa. Instead, what was being suggested was that because millions die of malaria every year in Africa (fact) each year that the suppression of DDT has contributed to these numbers. So if DDT had not been demonized perhaps millions of lives could have been spared. After all, it is well documented as to the effectiveness of DDT in reducing the spread of malaria. Its charm is that it is cheap and effective. Of course, if this is true we are looking at Holocaust like numbers dying. Does this mean that it was done specifically to erradicate the population, no. It only means that the environmentalist movement may have had dire consequences that it refuses to own up to.

If interested you are free to look up the thread in the debate forum.

w

Moves
06 Mar 11

Originally posted by FMF
If memory serves, from a book by a far right U.S. talk radio shock jock.
Here we go again. Demonize the person and then you are free to ignore everything they say. Nice.

Cape Town

Moves
06 Mar 11

From what little I know, DDT and other nasty pesticides were in use in Zambia long after they were banned in the US - partly because Africa became an alternative market after the US banning.
Also wodey appears to be confusing the use of DDT as a pesticide for crops and its use for dealing with mosquitos and the associated malaria.

F

Moves
06 Mar 11

Here we go again. Demonize the person and then you are free to ignore everything they say. Nice.
Do you think pointing out that he is a far right U.S. talk radio shock jock demonizes him? OK, whatever you say.

Me, ignore everything that he said? As you well know we debated his polemic for page after page after page in that thread. Why would you now characterize that as me "ignoring everything he said"? Why would you do that?

Sometimes, I think you don't even realise you do it.

w

Moves
06 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Me, ignore everything that he said? As you well know we debated his polemic for page after page after page in that thread. Why would you now characterize that as me "ignoring everything he said"? Why would you do that?

Sometimes, I think you don't even realise you do it.[/b]
Oh no, you don't ignore what I say you provide strwmen to what I say just like you did here by saying that I called you a Nazi, a supporter of the Holocaust, and that I said WHO was dedicated to a Holocaust in Africa. Then it is endless arguing as to whether or not you inaccuratly portrayed my position.