Robbies Insults thread

Robbies Insults thread

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
04 Mar 11

Originally posted by FMF
You constantly get caught misrepresenting the content of sources, making up data, changing words in texts or in quotes, to suit your rhetoric. You have been caught red handed numerous times. Several reasonable and decent posters have been on your case over this matter over a long period of time because you keep doing it and your occasional apologies for deceptio ...[text shortened]... and your enthusiasm. It is not me who discredits you whodey. It is you who discredits yourself.
As I have said, some of this I deserve, but not all of it. You clearly seek to destroy the credibility of your opponents in the debate forums. You strain at the gnat to bring down your opponents while ignoring the crux of what is being said.

T

Moves
04 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
Name one Christian on this site who is not a hypocrite in your view.
Do you understand that your hypocrisy (or the hypocrisy of any individual for that matter) is not dependent on whether or not others are hypocrites? That you make such a request seems to indicate that you don't.

w

Moves
04 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Do you understand that your hypocrisy (or the hypocrisy of any individual for that matter) is not dependent on whether or not others are hypocrites? That you make such a request seems to indicate that you don't.
My point has been made.

Face it, you are a bigot.

T

Moves
04 Mar 11
1 edit

My point has been made.

Face it, you are a bigot.
lol. Well, I guess you don't understand.

Let me try this a different way. Jesus called more than a few Pharisees "hypocrites". Do you believe He called them hypocrites because He was a bigot or because of their hypocrisy?

I've pointed out your hypocrisy in detail numerous times. I've called you a hypocrite because of your hypocrisy. Seems to me Jesus did the same with the Pharisees.

Are you able to wrap your mind around this one?

w

Moves
04 Mar 11

lol. Well, I guess you don't understand.

Let me try this a different way. Jesus called more than a few Pharisees "hypocrites". Do you believe He called them hypocrites because He was a bigot or because of their hypocrisy?

I've pointed out your hypocrisy in detail numerous times. I've called you a hypocrite because of your hypocrisy. Seems to me Jesus did the same with the Pharisees.

Are you able to wrap your mind around this one?
Negatory. He did not call them ALL hypocrites, just the ones that were accusing him. In fact, there was a man named Nicodemus who came to him by night who believed on him.

T

Moves
04 Mar 11

Negatory. He did not call them ALL hypocrites, just the ones that were accusing him. In fact, there was a man named Nicodemus who came to him by night who believed on him.
I didn't say He called them "ALL" hypocrites. What I said was that He called them hypocrites because of their hypocrisy. Just as I've called you a hypocrite because of your hypocrisy.

If you continue to attack straw men, you're never going to be able to wrap your mind around this.

F

Moves
04 Mar 11

As I have said, some of this I deserve, but not all of it. You clearly seek to destroy the credibility of your opponents in the debate forums. You strain at the gnat to bring down your opponents while ignoring the crux of what is being said.
Spoken as a person whose credibility on the Debates Forum is severely limited, a situation that is entirely of your own doing.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
04 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
so far we have,

a dunce, a Pharisee, a false prophet, a real prophet, immature, nosy, classless, without manners and protocol, indecent, a fool and stupid, a liar, a lazy bum, weird, mysterious, negative, a twat, annoying, a prick, pompous, nasty piece of work, smear monger, deceitful, homophobic, a tosser, a sinner, a hypocrite, a deviant homosex ...[text shortened]... vain, illiterate, perpetual liar, sun shines from bum, trouble-maker, grandpouter, schizophrenic
RC I was giving you a hard time. 🙂 The forums would be duller without you in them.

Manny

n

Moves
04 Mar 11
2 edits

If l could choose someone to never ever be seen again at RHP it wouldnt be Robbie.

When he isnt defending silly positions he comes across as a really decent person.

Whoops wrong thread sorry.

He is Scottish(ish).

rc

Moves
05 Mar 11
1 edit

dear friends, i see us as all as spices in a large curry pot, some are hot and vibrant as red chilli, some soothing and placating like yoghurt that we add to take the heat from the mix, together we make a splendid mix indeed!

T

Moves
05 Mar 11
3 edits

Originally posted by nook7
If l could choose someone to never ever be seen again at RHP it wouldnt be Robbie.

When he isnt defending silly positions he comes across as a really decent person.

Whoops wrong thread sorry.

He is Scottish(ish).
If he didn't stoop to telling lies, especially in order to disparage others and /or to try to make himself look better than he is, I'd have less of a problem with his antics. Makes it extremely difficult to buy into the idea of him being a "really decent person" rather than someone who tries really hard to look like one. Even his starting this thread in order to "play the victim" is more than a bit much to take.

rc

Moves
05 Mar 11
2 edits

If he didn't stoop to telling lies, especially in order to disparage others and /or to try to make himself look better than he is, I'd have less of a problem with his antics. Makes it extremely difficult to buy into the idea of him being a "really decent person" rather than someone who tries really hard to look like one.
wait a minute, there's a fly in the mix, spoon him out lest he get drunk on the goodwill of the other contributors. Perhaps we should start a 'rate your thinkofone forum experience'.

w

Moves
05 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
wait a minute, there's a fly in the mix, spoon him out lest he get drunk on the goodwill of the other contributors. Perhaps we should start a 'rate your thinkofone forum experience'.
Your problem is that you don't read his posts. Why don't you read any of his posts!!! 😠😛

rc

Moves
05 Mar 11
1 edit

Your problem is that you don't read his posts. Why don't you read any of his posts!!! 😠😛
If i am ever feeling too exalted in my own mind, too inebriated with the joy of life, too loving and compassionate for my own good, too empathetic and harrowed with fellow feeling for others, too overcome by the example of the Christ and his patience, just about too anything, I read one of thinkofones posts and it instantly wipes the smile from my face and sobers me up like a cold shower after a sauna!😲

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
05 Mar 11

As far as myself, I am haranged by either FMF, who is constantly trying to discredit me by saying I am a liar or a deciever, or by the likes of Marauder who calls me a moron about every other thread. I would say that those are the big two on this site. Then again, I think of TOO as well who constantly rails against Christianity and constantly accuses those ...[text shortened]... hose insults from those who's world views we agree, I think there is some merit in this theory.
FMF may harangue you, but while his accusations may be received as somewhat insulting, he doesn't seem to be simply slinging insults. In my experience, if he calls someone a liar or a hypocrite or so forth, he usually has a pretty sound basis for it (although of course, perceptions between accuser and accused can vary). The others you mention I'm not so familiar with - I suspect much of your experiences with them may have been based in Debates, a forum generally too USA-centric for me to take an informed part.

As I think I said, as far as I've seen (Dasa/Vishvahetu excepted) there doesn't appear to be a preponderance of insults from any of the philosophical camps represented here.