Robbies Insults thread

Robbies Insults thread

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
06 Mar 11

Originally posted by whodey
THe book is called Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Lavin in a chapter called envirostatism.

Contrary to FMF's post, I don't think that the suppression of DDT was done specifically to kill off the population of Africa. Instead, what was being suggested was that because millions die of malaria every year in Africa (fact) each year that the suppression of DDT ha ...[text shortened]... refuses to own up to.

If interested you are free to look up the thread in the debate forum.
Only having had a quick look around the web, it appears that the only reason one would choose to use DDT is because it's cheap, and that is true only if you don't factor in the long-term costs and consequences. It seems pretty clear that the benefits of a return to profligate use of DDT would soon be outweighed by the negative consequences. A medical solution to malaria seems to me to be a preferable measure.

w

Moves
06 Mar 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Only having had a quick look around the web, it appears that the only reason one would choose to use DDT is because it's cheap, and that is true only if you don't factor in the long-term costs and consequences. It seems pretty clear that the benefits of a return to profligate use of DDT would soon be outweighed by the negative consequences. A medical solution to malaria seems to me to be a preferable measure.
As with everything, money dictates what can and will be done. After all, if you provided better sanitary living standards and better irrigation in these poor countries that alone would wipe out alot of malaria, however, who is going to fork over the money? I know, lets ask President Obama, maybe he can convince China to loan him a few more trillion dollars.

As for the negative consequences of DDT, as I said the best approach is for single home use. The health risks are minimal compared to the alternative.

F

Moves
06 Mar 11

Oh no, you don't ignore what I say you provide strwmen to what I say just like you did here by saying that I called you a Nazi, a supporter of the Holocaust, and that I said WHO was dedicated to a Holocaust in Africa. Then it is endless arguing as to whether or not you inaccuratly portrayed my position.
No one doubts your sincerity, whodey.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
06 Mar 11

As with everything, money dictates what can and will be done. After all, if you provided better sanitary living standards and better irrigation in these poor countries that alone would wipe out alot of malaria, however, who is going to fork over the money? I know, lets ask President Obama, maybe he can convince China to loan him a few more trillion dollars. ...[text shortened]... best approach is for single home use. The health risks are minimal compared to the alternative.
I do understand the arguments you're presenting, however I still don't agree that even limited use of DDT should be condoned.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Mar 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Please post your insults here, it will save time and space and not detract from your arguments,

so far we have,

a dunce, a Pharisee, a false prophet, a real prophet, immature, nosy, classless, without manners and protocol, indecent, a fool and stupid, a liar, a lazy bum, weird, mysterious, negative, a twat, annoying, a prick, pompous, nasty piece of work, smear monger, deceitful, homophobic, a tosser,
My favorite insult (not really directed at you) was one we would slip in
while I was in the Navy and we were hanging out with some of the Marines
on the base. We would trade insults with each other, and take great pride
in how we could Insult each other while we were playing cards or some
board game. One of my favorites was, “It is Impossible to insult a Marine
since everything we say about them is really a compliment. 😉”

I want to say that while in the company of my many Marine friends that
still gets said along with other priceless gems, but the truth is I have nothing
but the highest respect for each of them and consider them very honorable.
Kelly

w

Moves
06 Mar 11

Originally posted by FMF
No one doubts your sincerity, whodey.
What? I just got accused of being decietful by you and how your changing your tune?

Then again, maybe I'm sincerly decietful in your eyes. 😛

w

Moves
06 Mar 11
2 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
, “It is Impossible to insult a Marine
since everything we say about them is really a compliment. 😉”
Did you know that the vocabulary of a Marine is usually limited to just two words?

The words are, "Beach....kill....beach....kill.....beach.....kill!!! 😛

None of you are marines......are you? 😳

rc

Moves
06 Mar 11

Did you know that the vocabulary of a Marine is usually limited to just two words?

The words are, "Beach....kill....beach....kill.....beach.....kill!!! 😛

None of you are marines......are you? 😳
No, we choose life!

F

Moves
07 Mar 11

What? I just got accused of being decietful by you and how your changing your tune?

Then again, maybe I'm sincerly decietful in your eyes.
Yes. I think you sincerely believe that you are so right in what you believe that it's ok to doctor texts, misrepresent what is found at sources, post inaccurate information, smear dissenters and insult them - all in a good cause etc. etc.

rc

Moves
07 Mar 11

Originally posted by FMF
Yes. I think you sincerely believe that you are so right in what you believe that it's ok to doctor texts, misrepresent what is found at sources, post inaccurate information, smear dissenters and insult them - all in a good cause etc. etc.
He is a product of the American political system, where each and every one of those nefarious practices which you highlight are par for the course. This is of course not an attempt to justify whodeys actions, merely to try to understand them.

w

Moves
07 Mar 11

Originally posted by FMF
You smear me like you just did Mr. Lavin. You label and then dismiss them as being unworthy of any degree of credibility. Contrary to your accusations, I do not act in the way you have described.

w

Moves
07 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
He is a product of the American political system, where each and every one of those nefarious practices which you highlight are par for the course. This is of course not an attempt to justify whodeys actions, merely to try to understand them.
So you are in agreement with everything he has said?

If so, do you also agree with TOO?

You know, I think I liked it better when everyone was coming after your jugular. As for myself, however, I'm a bigger target. I am both a person of faith and a conservative as where you are just a person of faith.

F

Moves
07 Mar 11

You smear me like you just did Mr. Lavin. You label and then dismiss them as being unworthy of any degree of credibility.
Well I read his book on your suggestion. That's hardly "labelling" him and then "dismissing" him, now is it? His credibility problem is his credibility problem. Your credibility problem is your own credibility problem . Nothing to do with "smears". You are what you post whodey.

rc

Moves
07 Mar 11
1 edit

So you are in agreement with everything he has said?

If so, do you also agree with TOO?

You know, I think I liked it better when everyone was coming after your jugular. As for myself, however, I'm a bigger target. I am both a person of faith and a conservative as where you are just a person of faith.
whodey whodey, relax man, i did not say you were guilty of the things that FMF is insinuating, nor do i care for that matter, all I am saying is that its not surprising if actions like these do occur, for they are seen in American politics every day. You cannot deny this whodey. It is not a personal attack on you, but on a system which perpetuates such practices.

Cape Town

Moves
07 Mar 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
I do understand the arguments you're presenting, however I still don't agree that even limited use of DDT should be condoned.
So you would rather let people die to save the environment, or are you suggesting that instead of 'condoning' DDT, somebody would pay for a more expensive solution?