Robbies Insults thread

Robbies Insults thread

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
03 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Vanity. Denial. Threads about yourself that you insist are not about yourself. Refusal to truly entertain ideas and evidence that might alter your convictions. Refusal to correct yourself when you get into a tangle. Saying things about what had been said before, or what you had said before, when people point out to you that it isn't how you remember. Pressing on st my impression, by the way. As a relative outsider but regular reader. Just my impression.
You appear to me to be a kind of umpire FMF, judicially appraising the sway of the forum and its members without actually being committed to any kind or creed. This of course has the advantage than one remains somewhat neutral without having to profess a particular stance making for a small target indeed. Those of us who have formed, in our minds and in our consciousness a defined spirituality with definite values based on readily defined principles of course make for a much larger target as i think you appreciate. Never the less, i do appreciate the prodding of your observations for it is not always easy to see ourselves the way others see us.

rc

Moves
03 Mar 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
That's because topics that conflict with your religious beliefs aren't going to crop in there. If a topic about everybodies religious views, or lack of, was started in the Chess Forum i'm sure you would be falling out with people pretty swiftly.

It's a gift you have, which you seem to be oblivious to.
well actually dear Noobster, there have been moments in the chess only forum between contributors who strongly disagree, but the forum acts as a kind of adjudicator bringing those who have erred back to their senses with intimations of childish behaviour etc. The most heated debates usually revolve around accusations of cheating which i tend to try to avoid with the exception of one occasion.

I do remember that you yourself posted a win over me, stating that it was logic v superstition, Christian v Atheist, which i did not take any aversion to, is that not the case?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 Mar 11

Originally posted by mtthw
illiterate?

(Robbies v Robbie's 🙂 )

Edit: unless there's more than one of you, of course.
LOL schizophrenic ?? 🙂
Could not resist

Manny

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
03 Mar 11
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you have used expletives on more than one occasion, you are an abrasive and thoroughly scurrilous character as I an others have found out to our chagrin, in fact i will tell you for the record that i received not less than yesterday a message to the effect that your are naught but a pompous windbag. I had no hand in any deletion of spelling bee thread making your assertions ludicrous, but there is nothing new in that, is there smaggy ol son!
I notice you make no attempt to substantiate that I have used expletives on more than one occasion let alone bear out you claim that I habitually use offensive language on these forums (and no, words like BS or derivatives I wouldn't regard as expletives, I refer to things like the t,c or f words etc...), or acknowledge that the post you made in the lying thread was, ironically, a bare faced lie!

Oh and I asserted nothing, I merely communicated my suspicion (because I don't trust you) - Finally I really don't care what doward says to you in private messages.

rc

Moves
03 Mar 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Agerg
I notice you make no attempt to substantiate that I have used expletives on more than one occasion let alone bear out you claim that I habitually use offensive language on these forums (and no, words like BS or derivatives I wouldn't regard as expletives, I refer to things like the t,c or f words etc...), or acknowledge that the post you made in the lying thre ...[text shortened]... icated my suspicion - Finally I really don't care what doward says to you in private messages.
Well you see, i do regard such as expletives, so that's where the source of our misunderstanding has occurred, i certainly wouldn't use them in every day speech. I dont think it was a bare faced lie, what the irony of course is, that there was not one occasion where you managed to prove that lying was better than telling the truth or from withholding information from whose who had no right to said information, but neither you nor Zhalanzi even bothered to find out what my stance was, instead you were content to heap supposition upon more supposition and really were quite insulting, in my opinion.

Whether you trust me or not is neither here nor there, i cannot even remember what the post was about nor why it should have been removed. Obviously you must have been up to no good otherwise it would remain, is that not the case?

rc

Moves
03 Mar 11

Originally posted by menace71
LOL schizophrenic ?? 🙂
Could not resist

Manny
so far we have,

a dunce, a Pharisee, a false prophet, a real prophet, immature, nosy, classless, without manners and protocol, indecent, a fool and stupid, a liar, a lazy bum, weird, mysterious, negative, a twat, annoying, a prick, pompous, nasty piece of work, smear monger, deceitful, homophobic, a tosser, a sinner, a hypocrite, a deviant homosexual, vain, illiterate, perpetual liar, sun shines from bum, trouble-maker, grandpouter, schizophrenic

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Mar 11
1 edit

so far we have,

a dunce, a Pharisee, a false prophet, a real prophet, immature, nosy, classless, without manners and protocol, indecent, a fool and stupid, a liar, a lazy bum, weird, mysterious, negative, a twat, annoying, a prick, pompous, nasty piece of work, smear monger, deceitful, homophobic, a tosser, a sinner, a hypocrite, a deviant homosex ...[text shortened]... vain, illiterate, perpetual liar, sun shines from bum, trouble-maker, grandpouter, schizophrenic
what about 'name caller'? Are you not the individual that makes an attempt to change everyones name, whether they object or not, for what could only be for your own amusement? And which has been suggested as a sign of disrespect by some posters?
Why aren't you calling me karoly poly now? (I miss it 😛 )

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
03 Mar 11
7 edits

Well you see, i do regard such as expletives, so that's where the source of our misunderstanding has occurred, i certainly wouldn't use them in every day speech. I dont think it was a bare faced lie, what the irony of course is, that there was not one occasion where you managed to prove that lying was better than telling the truth or from withholdin ...[text shortened]... . Obviously you must have been up to no good otherwise it would remain, is that not the case?
No robbie, that is no such source of our misunderstandings. You and I are both well aware you sought to imply I throw around the f, c, t words etc... habitually; and I'm well aware of your motivation for this.

As for what I claim is a bare faced lie; you said (in so many words), for the record, that I had defiled the memories of those who died in WWII by the fact that I had insulted *them* specifically. Now, if this were true then on at least one of the five occasions I asked you to back this up you would have just whipped out the offending post for all to see, and enjoyed watching me slowly step back shamed and humiliated. You did no such thing because there was no such post to reference. You lied to smear my character.

The thread that got deleted as I said earlier was the spelling bee thread created by me since, in addition to pulling me up over my usage of the f word (in one instance),
and as I have said I acknowledge it was bad form on my part
you pointed out that I was poorly educated (based on a typo) - and so I made a meal out of it creating a thread specifically for you to explore that topic even further (and I did this because argumentum ad typo is a completely ridiculous attack - and yes, it annoyed me).

w

Moves
03 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Well, I've not been here as long as you, Whodey, but I have not seen any such predilection. I wonder if we all of us preferentially remember the sources of insults against those with whose positions we sympathise?
As far as myself, I am haranged by either FMF, who is constantly trying to discredit me by saying I am a liar or a deciever, or by the likes of Marauder who calls me a moron about every other thread. I would say that those are the big two on this site. Then again, I think of TOO as well who constantly rails against Christianity and constantly accuses those who claim to be Christians as being hypocrites. Everyone else he ignores as if Christianity was the only plague of the world. Of course, what is funny is that all three of these characters on this site discredit themselves simply because they treat everyone with a paricular world view the EXACT same way. Then those that share their world views they treat with kid gloves.

Of course, some of what I do and say may warrant some of this. After all, I have given sources that I later regreted or misinterpreted details of sources I have given. However, what has not been warranted is the constant barrage of insults and accusations simply to discredit you. In short, it make talking with either of them futile and a bore. By in large they hijack threads and refuse to discuss the spirit of what is trying to be conveyed.

As for checking sources, I applaud those that do. I would also warn those that think that their poo does not stink to investigate information that is given just because they trust their source or perhaps agree with a particular view point.

As for your assertion that we only remember insults because they conflict with our own world view and ignore those insults from those who's world views we agree, I think there is some merit in this theory.

w

Moves
03 Mar 11

so far we have,

a dunce, a Pharisee, a false prophet, a real prophet, immature, nosy, classless, without manners and protocol, indecent, a fool and stupid, a liar, a lazy bum, weird, mysterious, negative, a twat, annoying, a prick, pompous, nasty piece of work, smear monger, deceitful, homophobic, a tosser, a sinner, a hypocrite, a deviant homosex ...[text shortened]... vain, illiterate, perpetual liar, sun shines from bum, trouble-maker, grandpouter, schizophrenic
Add to the list a lefist/Maxist/Stalinist/Leniinst/Moaist/Michael Moorist/Jane Fondaist/FMF'er of a lefty. 😀

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Mar 11

Well I'm cleansed. Cheers Robbbie, now the healing can begin.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Mar 11
1 edit

well actually dear Noobster, there have been moments in the chess only forum between contributors who strongly disagree, but the forum acts as a kind of adjudicator bringing those who have erred back to their senses with intimations of childish behaviour etc. The most heated debates usually revolve around accusations of cheating which i tend to try ...[text shortened]... v superstition, Christian v Atheist, which i did not take any aversion to, is that not the case?
England vs Scotland was the other title i gave that post. Not sure reallly how you could any aversion to that thread, anyhow you were on your self imposed ban for using inappropriate language in the forum and were unable to comment.

Kind of ironic that should come up in a thread entitled 'Robbies Insults thread.
I find it strange that you should have 'homphobic' down as an insult thrown at you, when the aforementioned self imposed ban was for your use of homophobic language.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Mar 11

Originally posted by josephw
Does that mean you agree that freaking perverts and deviant homosexuals exist?
So you are saying there are non-deviant homosexuals?

rc

Moves
03 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Agerg
No robbie, that is no such source of our misunderstandings. You and I are both well aware you sought to imply I throw around the f, c, t words etc... habitually; and I'm well aware of your motivation for this.

As for what I claim is a bare faced lie; you said (in so many words), for the record, that I had defiled the memories of those who died in WWII by th ...[text shortened]... id this because argumentum ad typo is a completely ridiculous attack - and yes, it annoyed me).
yes Agers there is, for i regard such sentiments as expletives, perhaps if you take the time and effort to understand another's perspective you will understand this. You are now able to read the thoughts and intentions of others, tell me, do you also tell fortunes and make predictions regarding the future?

As for whether the case was true, it was a statement of opinion, which you seem unable to differentiate between that and a conscious lie.

well i hope that you have learned your lesson, for manners maketh the man Agers! and a little civility costs absolutely nothing.

rc

Moves
03 Mar 11

Originally posted by whodey
Add to the list a lefist/Maxist/Stalinist/Leniinst/Moaist/Michael Moorist/Jane Fondaist/FMF'er of a lefty. 😀
lol, FMFer is an insult, i think he might construe it as a compliment.