Robbies Insults thread

Robbies Insults thread

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
03 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I am starting to think that you are lying to yourself.
liar has already been insinuated, this is the most common and i may say ineffective accusation, because it has no substantiation other than that which is proposed by the accuser. It is mere opinion.

You never did state if you have seen the film Jermal?

F

Moves
03 Mar 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
liar has already been insinuated, this is the most common and i may say ineffective accusation, because it has no substantiation other than that which is proposed by the accuser. It is mere opinion.
I am not accusing you of lying to us here. Nothing of the sort. I am looking at the extraordinary vanity and denial on display this evening on this thread and I am suggesting to you the possibility that you may be lying to yourself.

rc

Moves
03 Mar 11

Originally posted by FMF
I am not accusing you of lying to us here. Nothing of the sort. I am looking at the extraordinary vanity and denial on display this evening on this thread and I am suggesting to you the possibility that you may be lying to yourself.
ok please forgive me, i was not sure, you mean a kind of self deception, well its possible, but i think i have adequately substantiated my arguments with reason.

This is the only Indonesian film i have seen, it was excellent, about a young boy who was forced to serve on a Jermal, a kind of fishing platform away out in the ocean.

F

Moves
03 Mar 11
1 edit

ok please forgive me, i was not sure, you mean a kind of self deception, well its possible, but i think i have adequately substantiated my arguments with reason.
Vanity. Denial. Threads about yourself that you insist are not about yourself. Refusal to truly entertain ideas and evidence that might alter your convictions. Refusal to correct yourself when you get into a tangle. Saying things about what had been said before, or what you had said before, when people point out to you that it isn't how you remember. Pressing on regardless of these things being pointed out to you.

With all this sort of thing swilling around, and you doubt that a "kind of self deception" is not in play here? Really? Well anyway. Just an opinion. Just a suggestion. If you were to reflect upon it, or even act upon, perhaps you would not be held in such contempt by several interesting and reasonable members of this community. And that's just my impression, by the way. As a relative outsider but regular reader. Just my impression.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Mar 11

so far we have,

a dunce, a Pharisee, a false prophet, a real prophet, immature, nosy, classless, without manners and protocol, indecent, a fool and stupid, a liar, a lazy bum, weird, mysterious, negative, a twat, annoying, a prick, pompous, nasty piece of work, smear monger, deceitful, homophobic, a tosser, a sinner, a hypocrite, a deviant homosexual, vain, illiterate, perpetual liar, sun shines from bum, trouble-maker
Dont forget Grandpouter

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Mar 11

There are a lot of insults slung around in here, aren't there? And yet pretty much all religions include strictures which really ought to preclude this sort of thing.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
03 Mar 11
7 edits

You never did state if you have seen the film Jermal?
Liar!

You said
for the record: i want the forum to know, that Zhalanzi and Agers have insulted me and members of my religion , who died during WWII trying to save the lives of innocents, many of whom were Jewish, and on that basis, have termed my a coward and repeatedly insulted me for refusing to answer what is obviously a personal and emotive subject. Hopefully they will think twice in future before degrading the memory of persons to the extent that they have.
(my emphasis)
in Thread 137334. This, if true would cast me as a particularly nasty character (and I found this offensive) I asked you to show this wasn't a barefaced lie in these posts:

http://www.redhotchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=137334&page=7#post_2611875
http://www.redhotchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=137334&page=7#post_2611881
http://www.redhotchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=137334&page=7#post_2611893
http://www.redhotchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=137334&page=8#post_2611906
http://www.redhotchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=137334&page=11#post_2612504

You didn't (because you couldn't). You also lied about me again, by asserting I habitually use expletives - smearing my character far beyond the *one* case where I did
(and made no attempt afterwards to conceal or put up any real defence of this)
say an expletive in Thread 137970. I asked you to back up this assertion and you didn't - as well as acknowledging I shouldn't have done that I even gave you a handy hint as to how you could quickly show me to be the verbal thug you make out. This occured in the spelling bee thread but it's been deleted now (and I suspect you played a part in that) so I cannot properly reference the offending post

w

Moves
03 Mar 11

Originally posted by FMF
whodey's contributions to debates are too often deceitful - like where he doctors or misrepresents sources. People check on his links and discover his deceptions. He cops flak for it. He doesn't like to apologise. He has sometimes. Other times he's just tried to insult his way out of his self-made predicament. He does not command a lot of respect, I think. It wo ...[text shortened]... ld be interesting to see you trying to find common cause with him, considering this backdrop.
Deception? Commands little respect? Well said Mr. Booth.

w

Moves
03 Mar 11
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Robbie's "faith and/or conservative values" are not the issue. I haven't attacked his religious beliefs. I have indeed commended him on his friendly, playful, humorous side but also I have made some observations about how nasty he can become - I mean, it's no secret - and it's something that he doesn't seem to factor into his self-image.
The simple fact of the matter is, from my observation the most foul mouthed and mean spirited individuals on these forums are either left winged and/or atheists. As for Robbie, he is a lefty and he posts in the debate forums it seems it is the only time when people seem to be nice to him.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Mar 11

Originally posted by whodey
The simple fact of the matter is, from my observation the most foul mouthed and mean spirited individuals on these forums are either left winged and/or atheists. As for Robbie, he is a lefty and he posts in the debate forums it seems it is the only time when people seem to be nice to him.
Well, I've not been here as long as you, Whodey, but I have not seen any such predilection. I wonder if we all of us preferentially remember the sources of insults against those with whose positions we sympathise?

rc

Moves
03 Mar 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Dont forget Grandpouter
so far we have,

a dunce, a Pharisee, a false prophet, a real prophet, immature, nosy, classless, without manners and protocol, indecent, a fool and stupid, a liar, a lazy bum, weird, mysterious, negative, a twat, annoying, a prick, pompous, nasty piece of work, smear monger, deceitful, homophobic, a tosser, a sinner, a hypocrite, a deviant homosexual, vain, illiterate, perpetual liar, sun shines from bum, trouble-maker, grandpouter

rc

Moves
03 Mar 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
There are a lot of insults slung around in here, aren't there? And yet pretty much all religions include strictures which really ought to preclude this sort of thing.
for a Christian it is inexcusable.

rc

Moves
03 Mar 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Agerg
[b]Liar!

You said
[quote]for the record: i want the forum to know, that Zhalanzi and Agers have insulted me and members of my religion , who died during WWII trying to save the lives of innocents, many of whom were Jewish, and on that basis, have termed my a coward and repeatedly insulted me for refusing to answer what is obvio and I suspect you played a part in that) so I cannot properly reference the offending post[/b]
you have used expletives on more than one occasion, you are an abrasive and thoroughly scurrilous character as I an others have found out to our chagrin, in fact i will tell you for the record that i received not less than yesterday a message to the effect that your are naught but a pompous windbag. I had no hand in any deletion of spelling bee thread making your assertions ludicrous, but there is nothing new in that, is there Smaggy ol son!

Smaggpuss, dear Smaggpuss
Old Fat Furry Aggerpuss
Wake up and look at this thing that I bring
Wake up, be bright, be golden and light
Smaggpuss, oh hear what I sing

Robbie liked him even though he was an old bad ol putty cat!

rc

Moves
03 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
people actually like me in the chess only forum believe it or not.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Mar 11

people actually like me in the chess only forum believe it or not.
That's because topics that conflict with your religious beliefs aren't going to crop in there. If a topic about everybodies religious views, or lack of, was started in the Chess Forum i'm sure you would be falling out with people pretty swiftly.

It's a gift you have, which you seem to be oblivious to.