1. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '12 20:44
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I've seen this link before, but somehow I missed:
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -- Jack Handy
    Gold! That's going on my profile. 😀
    LOL, up beside daniel58, that comic genius! But seriously the site is quite fascinating,
    although it looks somewhat dated now! 🙂
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    09 May '12 21:415 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you have demonstrated nothing other than a bias and an inability to be objective.
    Here is the quotation again, lifted from the site, the salient point shall be highlighted
    for you this time and dont ever try to palm us off with bias again, unless your
    prepared to admit that your biased, which would at least demonstrate a degree of
    honesty.
    ty of countries
    who brought it on themselves, sowing the wind and reaping the whirlwind.
    So? So what? How does that contradict the statistical facts I have just shown?
    Theists are still responsible for most of the crimes, murders etc.
    Do you deny these statistical facts?
    Do you deny that Hitler was a theist?
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    09 May '12 22:39
    Originally posted by humy
    Caution from an atheist. Historically, very few people were not theists until very recently so the sample population for your debating point is not a fair one. What would be reasonable of course is to refute an assertion that theist have not been violent.
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    09 May '12 22:41
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    I believe that girls in or from local authority care were also over represented in this case so clearly there are questions to be answered in terms of parenting and aftercare.

However to pretend that there is not a racist aspect to this crime when the victims were exclusively white and the perpetrators were exclusively of Pakistani origin is stretching p ...[text shortened]... e criminals and the lax parenting and poverty of the victims families borders on the offensive.
    I wonder in your heart of hearts if you would have posted the same response if the racial identities of the victims and perpetrators had been reversed.

Yes.
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    10 May '12 08:361 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Caution from an atheist. Historically, very few people were not theists until very recently so the sample population for your debating point is not a fair one. What would be reasonable of course is to refute an assertion that theist have not been violent.
    Arr yes, but I am not the one claiming/implying that the evidence simplistically DOES clearly show a simple direct causal link between theism and crime.
    My argument is with those that not only do claim this but claim/imply that atheism causes crime while theism prevents crime.
    By response to that will always be IF the evidence DOES clearly show a simple direct causal link between theism and crime then, if anything, it shows that theism actually causes crime ( and I have shown the statistics to back the positive correlation between crime and theism ) .
    Note the operative word here “IF”; I am not claiming the evidence DOES clearly show a simple direct causal link.
    I hope I have made my cautious position clear here.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '12 08:58
    Yes, Hitler's god was Satan, just like the atheists, who obey Satan by not worshipping the only true God.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '12 09:32
    Arr yes, but I am not the one claiming/implying that the evidence simplistically DOES clearly show a simple direct causal link between theism and crime.
    My argument is with those that not only do claim this but claim/imply that atheism causes crime while theism prevents crime.
    By response to that will always be [b]IF
    the evidence DOES clearly show a simp ...[text shortened]... S clearly show a simple direct causal link.
    I hope I have made my cautious position clear here.[/b]
    You are simply displaying a bias, although to what extent and why is more interesting.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '12 09:361 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, Hitler's god was Satan, just like the atheists, who obey Satan by not worshipping the only true God.
    actually Hitler was far more influenced by atheistic philosophers like Nietzsche and
    materialistic philosophies like Social Darwinism than he was by any kind of pretence of
    religious piety, but shhhh, the materialists dont like to admit the fact. Indeed the title
    of his own book, Mein Kampf literally means 'My struggle', reflecting his belief that the
    strong should naturally overcome the weaker elements and prevail. What Hitler has to
    do with my post I cannot say, it looks like another attempt at deflection, sigh.
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    10 May '12 09:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    How does this answer any of my questions or argue against the statistical facts I have pointed out?
    Atheists don't worship a god nor Satan -how can we worship what we know doesn't exist?
  10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    10 May '12 09:41
    You are simply displaying a bias, although to what extent and why is more interesting.
    “displaying a bias” towards what?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '12 09:482 edits
    Originally posted by finnegan
    His post displays a complete bias, he fails to mention the horrendous human cost of
    attempting to establish an atheistic state in Cambodia, or the eradication of personal
    freedoms through violent coercion in Albania, another attempt to establish an atheistic
    state. Shall we mention the anti religious purges in China, Russia, Mongolia, Cuba,
    North Korea and the violence, theft, looting and diminishing of personal freedoms which
    resulted as a direct consequence of implementing an atheistic policy, why doesn't he
    mention those?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '12 09:491 edit
    “displaying a bias” towards what?
    an anti religious bias, I thought that was obvious, then again one should never assume anything.
  13. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    10 May '12 10:00
    actually Hitler was far more influenced by atheistic philosophers like Nietzsche and
    materialistic philosophies like Social Darwinism than he was by any kind of pretence of
    religious piety, but shhhh, the materialists dont like to admit the fact. Indeed the title
    of his own book, Mein Kampf literally means 'My struggle', reflecting his belief ...[text shortened]... tler has to
    do with my post I cannot say, it looks like another attempt at deflection, sigh.
    religious piety,

how do you know this?

but shhhh, the materialists dont like to admit the fact.

which meaning are you using for “ materialists”? Those who are materialistic in which sense of the word?
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/materialistic
    “1. Philosophy The theory that physical matter is the only reality and that everything, including thought, feeling, mind, and will, can be explained in terms of matter and physical phenomena.
    2. The theory or attitude that physical well-being and worldly possessions constitute the greatest good and highest value in life.
    3. A great or excessive regard for worldly concerns.

if what you mean by “materialists” are those that have 1, above then there is no such “fact” to “admit” to.
    if what you mean by “materialists” are those that have 2, above then most if not very nearly all atheists ( including myself ) don't have 2, so what you say here is totally irrelevant and if you deny this fact then I challenge you to show evidence against this.
    if what you mean by “materialists” are those that have 3, above then 3 actually doesn't exist -there is not such thing as “excessive” regard for worldly concerns and if you deny this then I challenge you to show evidence for the existence of 3.

Indeed the title
    of his own book, Mein Kampf literally means 'My struggle', reflecting his belief that the
    strong should naturally overcome the weaker elements and prevail.

yes, and that was a typical delusional theist belief. So your point is?
  14. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    10 May '12 10:042 edits
    an anti religious bias, I thought that was obvious, then again one should never assume anything.
    That isn't a “bias” but rather an “acknowledgement” that there is no rational for believing there is a god.
    The "bias" you claim I display doesn't exist.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '12 10:073 edits
    That isn't a “bias” but rather an “acknowledgement” that there is no rational for believing there is a god.
    The "bias" you claim I desplay doesn't exist.
    yawn! it not only exists i have proven it by your failure to mention any of the atrocities
    committed in attempts to establish atheistic states and instead you have attempted to distort the
    reality of the mater and/or ignore the data, continuing to point out exclusively atrocities
    committed by alleged theists. Why have you ignored those committed by atheists? My
    assertion is that its because you are biased and this series of exchanges has proven
    it, otherwise you would have looked at the data objectively and mentioned the fact that
    atrocities have been committed by both theists and atheists, but noooo, your bias
    would not let you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree