1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    10 May '12 18:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    THEISTS similar to yourself that were responsible for mass murder - Humy

LOL, its a rather interesting statement considering i gave up fishing because i could not
    stand to inflict pain on a single worm nor put a barbed hook into a fishes mouth and yet
    i am guilty, one can only assume through association, with professing the same beliefs
    as m ...[text shortened]... d blast out psycho killer in honour of this post.

Cant seem to face up to the facts. . . .LOL
    do you deny that most Nazis were theist?
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    10 May '12 18:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So the illegality here is giving people lice? What is the issue here?
    Lol, I can't imagine. Ask robbie.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    10 May '12 18:424 edits
    I dont think its as tenuous a link Finn as you are making out, we are talking of
    principles and their application, clearly there are similarities with Darwinism and
    Applied Darwinism or Social Darwinism, depending on what you wish to term it and its a
    far broader and more subversive teaching than is immediately apparent, ranging from
    economics to criminality to sexuality.
    ...and Applied Darwinism or Social Darwinism

which Darwinism “Applied”? Social Darwinism or biological Darwinism?
    Social Darwinism is clearly not “applied” biological Darwinism for biological Darwinism is not a theory of how we should behave. Social Darwinism is mainly a theist doctrine and I guess “applied” social Darwinism would be something like when delusional people, usually mainly theists, such as the Nazis, commit mass murder of people they say are “inferior” .

robbie:

do you know that biological Darwinism is not social Darwinism?
    googling each one and read the definitions then came back to me.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    10 May '12 18:522 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Satan the Devil was Hitler's god so that makes him a theist or an atheist. 😏
    so which was he according to you?
    He believed there is a God so that mean he was a theist by definition. If you don't believe me, just Google “theist” read the definition and came back to me.
    Or you could just note:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/theist
    “..Belief in the existence of a god or gods, especially belief in a personal God as creator and ruler of the world. ...”
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '12 09:461 edit
    Originally posted by humy
    do you deny that most Nazis were theist?
    do you deny that most Nazis were theist? - Humy

I deny that this has any relevance, other than to provide explicit proof of your anti
    religious bias. Do you deny that the Khmer Rouge were atheists? No, then why
    have you made no mention of the killing fields of Cambodia? The real question that
    we should be seeking to ask ourselves is, what motivated the Nazis, what elements
    formed their ideology. You have made the claim that it was because they held
    similar beliefs to theists like me, yet my particular sect of Christianity was ruthlessly
    punished by the Nazis. Is there any evidence that they were influenced at least to a
    degree by a religious ideology? I would say yes, but to a degree and not
    exclusively. For example Hitler states in Mein Kampf,

"I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by
    defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

"The personification of the devil as the symbol of all evil assumes the living shape of
    the Jew."

However it is also clear that he was deeply influenced by social Darwinism which
    derives certain principles directly from biological Darwinism, despite the tendency to
    try to distance the two, for example,

"Whatever survives these hardships of existence has been tested and tried a
    thousandfold, hardened and renders fit to continue the process of procreation; so
    that the same thorough selection will begin all over again. By thus dealing brutally
    with the individual and recalling him the very moment he shows that he is not fitted
    for the trials of life, Nature preserves the strength of the race and the species and
    raises it to the highest degree of efficiency."

"By leaving the process of procreation unchecked and by submitting the individual to
    the hardest preparatory tests in life, Nature selects the best from an abundance of
    single elements and stamps them as fit to live and carry on the conservation of the
    species."

So it can easily be determined dear Humy that your assertions of theism as being a
    motivating factor may indeed be valid, but alas they do not tell the whole story and
    unless you rid yourself of the bias you will continue to make biased assertions which
    when exposed to the light of truth, may wither and diminish in its light. You can still
    be an atheist and avoid dogmatic thinking as far as it is dependent upon you, but as
    soon as you submit to bias one runs the risk of appearing close minded.
  6. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    12 May '12 09:58
    do you deny that most Nazis were theist? - Humy

I deny that this has any relevance, other than to provide explicit proof of your anti
    religious bias. Do you deny that the Khmer Rouge were atheists? No, then why
    have you made no mention of the killing fields of Cambodia? The real question that
    we should be seeking to ask ourselves is, what ...[text shortened]... on you, but as
    soon as you submit to bias one runs the risk of appearing close minded.
    In other words; no 🙂
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '12 10:092 edits
    In other words; no 🙂
    I dont think your getting it dear Humy, they appear to me to be more a personality cult
    than theistic and took their influences from many quarters.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 May '12 10:20
    I dont think your getting it dear Humy, they appear to me to be more a personality cult
    The "influences from many quarters" on Nazi policies, whether they be economic, geopolitical, military etc., are somewhat of a red herring here, robbie. The specific hatred and scapegoating of Jews is deeply ingrained in, and evident throughout, the history of Christianity. The Jews were not singled out and targeted because of atheism; they were targeted because they have been singled out by Christians and movements related to, or drawing upon, Christian "traditions", for centuries, including the Nazis.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '12 10:222 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    The "influences from many quarters" on Nazi policies, whether they be economic, geopolitical, military etc., are somewhat of a red herring here, robbie. The specific hatred and scapegoating of Jews is deeply ingrained in, and evident throughout, the history of Christianity. The Jews were not singled out and targeted because of atheism; they were targeted because ...[text shortened]... nts related to, or drawing upon, Christian "traditions", for centuries, including the Nazis.
    Then perhaps you can point out which Christian principles influenced them dear FMF.
    Indeed i can point out where Christ warns of the folly of following the traditions of
    former times which invalidate the word of God, sigh, if only the Nazis had read the
    same! So again, which principles of Christianity were they acting upon, if you cannot
    find any what does that make of your assertion that they were Christians dear FMF?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 May '12 10:31
    Then perhaps you can point out which Christian principles influenced them dear FMF.
    Not really interested in your repeated use of the ahistorical No True Scotsman logical fallacy, robbie. The Nazis' singling out of the Jews drew its twisted logic and fervour from the Christian tradition, robbie. If the Nazis genocidal programme had been an 'atheist' one, then millions of German Christians would have been sent to slave labour camps and/or the gas chambers. Instead, Nazism was rooted it Christianity and therefore it was the Jews who sent to the slave labour camps and the gas chambers.
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    12 May '12 10:3412 edits
    but you still don't deny that Hitler ( and also most Nazi ) were theist so why this dishonest vindictive spiteful perennial pretence that atheism is the cause ( or at least one of the causes ) for the Nazi atrocities? -there is no evidence of such a thing so STOP THE SPITEFUL PRETENCE.
    In fact, if there is evidence for anything here, there is evidence that THEISM was at least part of the cause and NOT atheism and seemingly good evidence at that.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '12 10:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    Not really interested in your repeated use of the ahistorical No True Scotsman logical fallacy, robbie. The Nazis' singling out of the Jews drew its twisted logic and fervour from the Christian tradition, robbie. If the Nazis genocidal programme had been an 'atheist' one, then millions of German Christians would have been sent to slave labour camps and/or the g ...[text shortened]... ianity and therefore it was the Jews who sent to the slave labour camps and the gas chambers.
    the principles FMF, you have inferred that the Nazis were Christians, if you cannot
    provide evidence of them being Christians other than vague assertions of traditions
    then your assertion is untenable and no amount of appeals to rhetorical arguments can
    save it! Where are the Christian principles which influenced them FMF? You have not
    said?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 May '12 10:571 edit
    the principles FMF, you have inferred that the Nazis were Christians, if you cannot
    provide evidence of them being Christians other than vague assertions of traditions
    then your assertion is untenable and no amount of appeals to rhetorical arguments can
    save it! Where are the Christian principles which influenced them FMF? You have not
    said?
    If you believe that centuries of intense anti-semitism in Christendom was the result of "atheism" - i.e. a belief that there is no God - then that is a matter for you robbie. No True Scotsman works for you, it seems, but it doesn't work for me. I will bow out and leave you to it.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '12 10:59
    but you still don't deny that Hitler ( and also most Nazi ) were theist so why this dishonest vindictive spiteful perennial pretence that atheism is the cause ( or at least one of the causes ) for the Nazi atrocities? -there is no evidence of such a thing so STOP THE SPITEFUL PRETENCE.
    In fact, if there is evidence for anything here, there is evidence that THEISM was at least part of the cause and NOT atheism and seemingly good evidence at that.
    First of all i have not stated that atheism was an influence, i have stated that Social
    Darwinism was, please do try to keep within the realms of reality, secondly I have
    provided reference which demonstrates this very fact and lastly abusive ad hominem
    attempts to insinuate that i am either spiteful or under any kind of pretence are also
    beneath my dignity, I have been both civil and balanced in my portrayal of what
    influenced the Nazis. Be careful when fighting monsters that you dont become one 🙂
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '12 11:041 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    No True Scotsman works for you, it seems, but it doesn't work for me. I will bow out and leave you to it.
    the principles FMF, you have not said which Christian principles influenced the Nazis,
    despite the third time asking, sigh. One would think that a Marxist might at least be
    influenced by the teachings of Marx, or a Muslim by the teachings of Islam, but
    apparently not a Christian by the teachings of Christianity, interesting anomaly.

so either the Nazis were not Christians or you can find no evidence that they were
    influenced by Christian principles. I see, how vewy vewy intwesting! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree