1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '12 10:141 edit
    Originally posted by humy
    actually Hitler was far more influenced by atheistic philosophers like Nietzsche and
    materialistic philosophies like Social Darwinism than he was by any kind of pretence of
    religious piety,

how do you know this?

but shhhh, the materialists dont like to admit the fact.

which meaning are you using for “ materialist revail. [/quote]

yes, and that was a typical delusional theist belief. So your point is?
    how do i know it, i like to read, i read it somewhere and I am uninterested in futile
    arguments over semantics and even less in unsubstantiated opinions. Can you make
    your texts smaller I have a real attention deficiency. Perhaps you had better read this,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Darwinism
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '12 10:312 edits
    Indeed here is a Nazi propaganda video, detailing Darwinian ideas suggesting a
    program of sterilisation and/or euthanasia,

‘All weak living things will inevitably perish in nature. In the last few decades, mankind
    has transgressed frightfully against the law of natural selection. We haven’t just maintained
    life unworthy of life, we have even allowed it to multiply! The descendants of these sick
    people look … like this person here!’

YouTube&skipcontrinter=1

contrast this with the fact the the Bible states that deformity is a product of
    imperfection through sin and that all are descendants of Adam and Eve and thus
    members of one human family and its clear to see how such thoroughly lofty
    principles transcend this materialistic philosophy.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 May '12 10:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Indeed here is a Nazi propaganda video, detailing Darwinian ideas suggesting a
    program of sterilisation and/or euthanasia,

‘All weak living things will inevitably perish in nature. In the last few decades, mankind
    has sinned (transgressed) frightfully against the law of natural selection. We haven’t just maintained
    life unworthy of life, we ...[text shortened]... its clear to see how such thoroughly lofty
    principles transcend this materialistic philosophy.
    In the above post you mention one of your mantras 'unsubstantiated opinions' and then in this post you put the words, Bible - facts - Adam & Eve, in one sentence. The irony.

You carry on dealing in fairytales Rob, the rest of us will stick to reality.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '12 10:481 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    In the above post you mention one of your mantras 'unsubstantiated opinions' and then in this post you put the words, Bible - facts - Adam & Eve, in one sentence. The irony.

You carry on dealing in fairytales Rob, the rest of us will stick to reality.
    Actually PK, the mention of Adam and Eve is to mark a contrast between the two
    teachings although i provided no details admittedly. When one understand our
    relationship to Adam and Eve we understand that we are part of a human family and
    have a relationship to others, thus we are counselled in scripture to support the weak,
    this is in stark contrast to the teaching of social Darwinism with its emphasis on the
    strong overcoming the weak and its natural that the weak should perish. Thus once
    again we see the utter folly of applying a materialistic philosophy in human terms. This
    is not a fairytale PK, its a reality.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '12 10:53
    When one understand our
    relationship to Adam and Eve we understand that we are part of a human family and
    have a relationship to others, thus we are counselled in scripture to support the weak,
    this is in stark contrast to the teaching of social Darwinism with its emphasis on the
    strong overcoming the weak and its natural that the weak should ...[text shortened]... pplying a materialistic philosophy in human terms. This
    is not a fairytale PK, its a reality.
    People who don't believe in Adam and Eve care for their weak family members and neighbours too, robbie; they don't let them perish. Human empathy and philanthropy and not dependent on internalizing folk stories about Adam and Eve.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '12 10:591 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    People who don't believe in Adam and Eve care for their weak family members and neighbours too, robbie; they don't let them perish. Human empathy and philanthropy and not dependent on internalizing folk stories about Adam and Eve.
    i did not say that they do not care FMF, i am merely contrasting the Biblical teaching
    with that of Social Darwinism. Of course they are not dependent but it appears to me
    that the real danger of this materialistic philosophy is to undermine the natural human
    faculty of empathy and care by providing some kind of rationale for doing so.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '12 11:01
    i did not say that they do not care FMF, i am merely contrasting the Biblical teaching
    with that of Social Darwinism.
    Plenty of people who submit to the authority of the Bible act in inhumane ways, mistreat the weak, and commit atrocities.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '12 11:051 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Plenty of people who submit to the authority of the Bible act in inhumane ways, mistreat the weak, and commit atrocities.
    Then they are not submitting to the authority of the Christ and have sought to establish
    their own, regardless of what they claim or profess. A good tree cannot produce
    worthless fruit.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '12 11:09
    Then they are not submitting to the authority of the Christ and have sought to establish
    their own, regardless of what they claim or profess.
    OK then. Well I trust that you will also apply some of your No True Scotsman analysis to Muslims who commit horrendous crimes due to what you describe as "a complete lack of spirituality".
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '12 11:121 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    OK then. Well I trust that you will also apply some of your No True Scotsman analysis to Muslims who commit horrendous crimes due to what you describe as "a complete lack of spirituality".
    whether they are true Muslims or not i have not sought to establish, indeed i questioned
    Islamic teaching, not whether the perpetrators were actually true Muslims or not dear
    FMF. Perhaps you can enlighten us, what does Islam teach with regard to those of
    another race, religion or gender?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '12 11:13
    whether they are true Muslims or not i have not sought to establish, indeed i questioned
    Islamic teaching, not whether the perpetrators were actually true Muslims or not dear
    FMF.
    You think Islamic teaching justifies the crimes in the OP?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '12 11:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    You think Islamic teaching justifies the crimes in the OP?
    I dont know, this is why I asked the question, for anyone that knows anything about it,
    so i repeat it again, perhaps you can enlighten us, what does Islam teach with regard
    to members of another race, religion or gender.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '12 11:19
    I dont know, this is why I asked the question, for anyone that knows anything about it,
    so i repeat it again, perhaps you can enlighten us, what does Islam teach with regard
    to members of another race, religion or gender.
    As far as I know it does not teach that the crimes in the OP are justified. If you accept that the criminals are perhaps not "true Muslims", what does "Islamic teaching" have to do with it anyway? You have just asserted that Christians who commit horrendous crimes are not 'true Christians'.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '12 11:231 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    As far as I know it does not teach that the crimes in the OP are justified. If you accept that the criminals are perhaps not "true Muslims", what does "Islamic teaching" have to do with it anyway? You have just asserted that Christians who commit horrendous crimes are not 'true Christians'.
    I simply could not discount the fact that all were Muslims FMF, whether they are true
    Muslims or not I have no way of knowing until I can get a handle on Islamic teaching
    on the matter of race, religion and gender, so the matter remains unresolved until such
    times.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '12 11:28
    I simply could not discount the fact that all were Muslims FMF, whether they are true Muslims or not I have no way of knowing until I can get a handle on Islamic teaching on the matter of race, religion and gender, so the matter remains unresolved until such times.
    If they had been Christians you would be telling us they weren't 'true Christians'. As far as you and I - having both lived in Islamic majority countries for some years - are concerned, there is no Islamic teaching that would justify the horrendous crimes in the OP, right? Does 'No True Scotsman' work only for Christians?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree