Salvation

Salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Reject it and then some....😉
Auh come on… 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by The Chess Express
Auh come on… 🙂
Well...if I am "reincarnated", how come I never recall my previous lives so that I can improve?

Heb 9:27
27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,
(NKJ)

Hmmmmm...now who do I believe? Chessx or the bible?hmmm...

TCE

Colorado

Moves
15 Nov 05
4 edits

Well...if I am "reincarnated", how come I never recall my previous lives so that I can improve?

(NKJ)

Perhaps it is so you can improve. People become old and stuck in their ways. We need a fresh start.

What do you say about those who do remember their past lives?

How do you reconcile this verse with the places in the Bible that confirm reincarnation?

This verse is of coarse only referring to this lifetime. You would agree?

Believe as you will. 🙂

l

London

Moves
15 Nov 05

[b]Personally I have issue's with Karma, since it invovles reincarnation.

I can imagine. The church doesn’t embrace the idea of reincarnation. It does explain your point though.

If a person is good in one life, but dies before he can be properly rewarded as we all know good people do sometimes, he may be reincarnated back with wealth and ...[text shortened]... aven where we belong.

Just an alternative theory to fill in the gaps. Accept it or reject it.[/b]
Rev 3:12

"12: He who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God; never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name." (RSV)

Can't see where reincarnation comes in.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Nov 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer

"12: He who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God; never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name." (RSV)

Me either...I guess this proves why it is good to read the verse in it's context.🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Nov 05
1 edit

[b]Well...if I am "reincarnated", how come I never recall my previous lives so that I can improve?

Perhaps it is so you can improve. People become old and stuck in their ways. We need a fresh start.

What do you say about those who do remember their past lives?

27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this ...[text shortened]...

[b]Hmmmmm...now who do I believe? Chessx or the bible?hmmm...

Believe as you will. 🙂[/b]
[/b]I don't know of anyone who remembers their past life....and if so, you have just contradicted yourself...no?

TCE

Colorado

Moves
15 Nov 05
2 edits

I don't know of anyone who remembers their past life....and if so, you have just contradicted yourself...no?[/b]
Some of the Christian Saints have. Obviously we don't start out that way.

Edit: Not to mention the Saints of most religions.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
15 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by lucifershammer

This is not the verse I cited. Please refer to the KJV.

Rev 3:12 “Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."

He who overcomes the world and finds God will not leave Heaven again to return to earth or some place like it. 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Nov 05

This is not the verse I cited. Please refer to the KJV.

Rev 3:12 “[b]Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out:
and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my ...[text shortened]... the world and finds God will not leave Heaven again to return to earth or some place like it. 🙂[/b]
LH had the right verse. What difference does the version make? I still do not see reincarnation here.

Do you get that from the phrase "and he shall go out no more"? That is quite a leap! The phrase used in the bible "to go out or come in" is speaking of wisdom.

IKing 3:7
7 "Now, O LORD my God, You have made Your servant king instead of my father David, but I am a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in.
(NKJ)

Here Solomon is saying that to rule a nation he lacked the wisdom.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
15 Nov 05
5 edits

LH had the right verse. What difference does the version make? I still do not see reincarnation here.

Do you get that from the phrase "and he shall go out no more"? That is quite a leap! The phrase used in the bible "to go out or come in" is speaking of wisdom.

7 "Now, O LORD my God, You have made Your servant king instead of my f go out or come in.
(NKJ)

Here Solomon is saying that to rule a nation he lacked the wisdom.[/b]

7 "Now, O LORD my God, You have made Your servant king instead of my father David, but I am a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in.
(NKJ)

Is it not a leap to suppose that Solomon was talking about wisdom here? Perhaps David could remember his past lives. Little children can’t.

Was Solomon not regarded as the wisest of all Kings?

What is the time span between Solomon and Jesus? Hundreds, thousands of years? How do we know that they are even referring to the same thing?

Jesus said the word wisdom when he wanted to refer to wisdom. Why would he not say it in Revelations?

Gen 9:6 “Whoso sheddeth man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed.”

If it is required that a murderer be killed by a “man”, this means that the murderers who die peacefully must be reborn again.

The words change the meaning a little. Consider the differences.

Edit: I Kings 3:12 "Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and understanding heart."

The word wise/wisdom is used all throughout the Bible.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
15 Nov 05
1 edit

[b]Do you get that from the phrase "and he shall go out no more"? That is quite a leap! The phrase used in the bible "to go out or come in" is speaking of wisdom.

(NKJ)

Is it ...[text shortened]... see reincarnation here.[/b]

The words change the meaning a little. Consider the differences.[/b]
Also Matt 26:52 "Then Jesus said unto them, Put up again thy sword into its place:for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword."

As not everybody who takes up a sword this time around perishes with the sword, would they not need to be reborn again?

b

Moves
15 Nov 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
In heaven, there is no evil, right? So there is good without evil.

Before Creation, there was just God. God is good, right? So there is good without evil.

You said we use the time on earth to come to understand God and become
perfect. In other words, we learn to purge evil from ourselves.

Are you saying we lose 'free will' when we go to heave ...[text shortened]... n would have
made Man aware of evil, but perfect such that he would never choose it.

Nemesio
Only those that want to go to heaven will go there.There has always been good without evil. There is more to the Creation of GOD, then the dust of the earth(mankind).
Mankind canot purge evil from ourselves. Just as mankind cannot walk the road of good without the Salvation of JESUS CHRIST. Those of mankind that refuse to accept that Salvation. Will never know or understand the reason for Good, and the reason for evil.

b

Moves
15 Nov 05

[b]In heaven, there is no evil, right? So there is good without evil.

As long as there is evil somewhere, good can be contrasted with it. Heaven can be contrasted with hell.

Before Creation, there was just God. God is good, right? So there is good without evil.

If I am correct in assuming that there was no evil before creati ...[text shortened]... . This is why we are here man! This is what we will all become someday. Halleluiah! 🙂😀😵😲😉😏[/b]
Before Creation there was GOD himself. You can say that there was only good, and also say that everything was OK. There was no conflict. Evil was not nesessary, evil was chosen. There was no need for a rebellion. Only the understanding of why a rebellion is evil after Lucifer had began one in Heaven. True the Rebellion does serve GOD'S purpose. Now all creation is now aware, even the enemies of GOD, why it is wrong. Nothing can live and survive without obeying THE WORD OF GOD.
GOD clearly made aware of evil, when HE told man not to eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. There was never a need for man to know evil. Mankind was never to have known the penalty of sin. Man chose to know, therefore he gave away his perfection. Mankind can only regain that perfection through the Salvation of JESUS CHRIST. Rejection of that Salvation man will only know evil.

b

Moves
15 Nov 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
[b]As long as there is evil somewhere, good can be contrasted with it. Heaven can be contrasted with hell.

Well, then why couldn't have God created Hell and then just placed Man, with free will
and the brains to exercise it only for good in Heaven. There's your diachotomy, but
Man was born into perf ...[text shortened]... at them. Our premises which lead
to those points, however, are markedly different.

Nemesio[/b]
Yes there was already evil in the world, The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil proves that. Which again was something that GOD, had decided that man was not to know. the evil was that man did what he was told not to do. the evil in the world is so that all creation will come to know, what happens when you donot listen to GOD.
Mankind was not to be a willing participate of the War between GOD and satan.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
15 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by blindfaith101
Before Creation there was GOD himself. You can say that there was only good, and also say that everything was OK. There was no conflict. Evil was not nesessary, evil was chosen. There was no need for a rebellion. Only the understanding of why a rebellion is evil after Lucifer had began one in Heaven. True the Rebellion does serve GOD'S purpose. Now al ...[text shortened]... tion through the Salvation of JESUS CHRIST. Rejection of that Salvation man will only know evil.
Before Creation there was GOD himself. You can say that there was only good, and also say that everything was OK. There was no conflict.

If this was true, then why did God make creation? If everything was good, God would not have needed to change anything. With creation comes evil. There would have been no need for evil if evil is not necessary to contrast good.

Where in scripture do you get this from?

Gen 1:1 “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”

Where in scripture does it talk about what was before creation?

Evil was not nesessary, evil was chosen.

Evil was chosen by Gods creations after God deemed evil to be necessary and created it.

Nothing can live and survive without obeying THE WORD OF GOD.

Doesn’t this kind of depend on the context. There are plenty of people who do not obey the word of God. According to Jesus though they are dead spiritually.

GOD clearly made aware of evil, when HE told man not to eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. There was never a need for man to know evil. Mankind was never to have known the penalty of sin. Man chose to know, therefore he gave away his perfection.

God knew that this would happen. God knew that this was the consequence of free will.