1. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 21:401 edit
    Originally posted by Tygert
    Yeah whatever. Just 'cause I can't stand the irritating high pitched whining of religious dogma doesn't mean I'm a heterophobe... 😴

By the way, this is the thinking of younger, more modern, people such as myself and pretty much this whole country... Don't know which discriminating country you live in. 😛
    another logical fallacy,

an argumentum ad populum (Latin for appeal to the people) is a fallacious argument that concludes a proposition to be true because many or most people believe it. In other words, the basic idea of the argument is: "If many believe so, it is so."
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 21:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No darling, sorry, you are out of luck, try Benetts in Glasgow, they cater for people with your tutti frutti tastebuds, I don't find men attractive in the slightest, have you tried craigslist?
    you dont find any men sexually attractive. is there anything other than women that you find sexually attractive?
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 21:55
    another logical fallacy,

an argumentum ad populum (Latin for appeal to the people) is a fallacious argument that concludes a proposition to be true because many or most people believe it. In other words, the basic idea of the argument is: "If many believe so, it is so."
    regardless if you think its right or wrong the times are a changing. homophobia will decrease just as racism and sexism has decreased. you are part of a dying breed old man. just try not to pass on your hateful nature to your kids.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 23:05
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    you dont find any men sexually attractive. is there anything other than women that you find sexually attractive?
    you just watch that video link i posted and try to keep a lid on your urges and cravings.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 23:092 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    regardless if you think its right or wrong the times are a changing. homophobia will decrease just as racism and sexism has decreased. you are part of a dying breed old man. just try not to pass on your hateful nature to your kids.
    I am not hateful of anyone, i don't have any issues, people who call others bigots and homophobes are simply haters themselves and hypocrites to boot. One look at your post can tell you that, you cannot handle anyone who opposes your morality, thats why you need to call others names, assign them mysterious psychological ailments and wish their eventual demise.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Aug '13 00:46
    its easy to say that, fact is, humans are monogamous and marriage is a commitment to a relationship, in the presence of others.
    so you agree that gay marriage is not only possible but is, in fact, a desirable thing?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Aug '13 02:31
    Yeah whatever. Just 'cause I can't stand the irritating high pitched whining of religious dogma doesn't mean I'm a heterophobe... 😴

By the way, this is the thinking of younger, more modern, people such as myself and pretty much this whole country... Don't know which discriminating country you live in. 😛
    Sorry. I was playing troll.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Aug '13 02:501 edit
    A well reasoned and balanced video on Homosexual Marriage by Christian apologist Greg Koukle from "Stand To Reason".

"Setting the Record Straight on Homosexual Marriage" -

First part - YouTube

Second part - YouTube

Q&A Session afterwards -

YouTube
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Aug '13 02:541 edit
    For some unknown and overly complicated reason whenever this subject comes up it seems most here do not get the simple and clear message in the Bible about homosexuality and the condemning of it.
    Does the Bible say to hate that person? No it doesn't. It says to "remove that person from among yourselves", and that is for a two fold reason.
    What else does the Bible say? It says God hates the "practice of homosexuality".
    Any human can have wrong desires on many things such as the urge to steal from another.
    But just because a person has that urge does not condemn them even though the Bible gives very strong and wise councel to work seriously on stopping and controling those urges.
    A person may have the urge to kill someone but obviously the Bible gives strong warnings on letting your mental state ever get to that extreem point.
    Homosexuality is put into the same grouping as these other sins.
    So if one has this urge or desire but wants to be a worshipper of God and to have God help him with this, he or she cannot "practice" this sin in God's sight just as one cannot "practice" these other sins.
    One may argue that they are being deprived of love.
    This is where one has to make a serious decision on who they want to please, and decide on if they feel this temporary association with another human of the same sex is worth their relationship with God and even their future life here on earth.
    God has made it clear that ones who "practice" such sins will not inhereit the Kingdom.

Robbie, myself or the JW's did not write those scriptures. It is is everyones Bible as well as the major event of God actually destroying a couple cities in the past because of this practice. There cannot be a clearer warning to those who "practice" this and even for those who approve of it.
  10. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    25 Aug '13 06:19
    Originally posted by galveston75
    For some unknown and overly complicated reason whenever this subject comes up it seems most here do not get the simple and clear message in the Bible about homosexuality and the condemning of it.
    Does the Bible say to hate that person? No it doesn't. It says to "remove that person from among yourselves", and that is for a two fold reason.
    What else ...[text shortened]... learer warning to those who "practice" this and even for those who approve of it.
    It's just a book for Pete's sake. Some loony old people could have modified in the middle ages for all we know, as that was when the church controlled society by telling them junk and keeping them ignorant. Yes, it provides guidelines for how to live by and perhaps many stories with morals relating to life but it's still just ink and paper.

My worst is when people go and say something like "Oh, but the book that was written by old people and modified to suit the controlling church in the Middle Ages says so, so therefore we must hate these people and discriminate against them." While you may want to continue worshipping your book, this is just to let you know in the modern world you can keep your bigoted opinions to yourself for the most part.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Aug '13 07:38
    It's just a book for Pete's sake. Some loony old people could have modified in the middle ages for all we know, as that was when the church controlled society by telling them junk and keeping them ignorant. Yes, it provides guidelines for how to live by and perhaps many stories with morals relating to life but it's still just ink and paper.

My worst is wh ...[text shortened]... know in the modern world you can keep your bigoted opinions to yourself for the most part.
    Sounds like an issue betwen you and God...not me.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '13 09:17
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Sounds like an issue betwen you and God...not me.
    It has been my experience that the people who make the most ludicrous and ill informed statements about the Bible are the ones who are least likely to have read it and studied it.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '13 09:29
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    so you agree that gay marriage is not only possible but is, in fact, a desirable thing?
    is this the best you can do, insidiously trying to contort arguments by assigning values to people they do not profess, have you no shame?
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Aug '13 09:361 edit
    I am not confused, its simply difficult to know how people are using terms, Proper Knob and stellpalfie usually like to go down the semantics road, its easier for them to set traps that way.
    There are no semantic traps being set here, i'm just trying to understand your views on the matter. Personally, i don't think you need to be a 'clairvoyant' to understand the meaning of the term 'sexual orientation', it's pretty self explanatory.

I interjected into this discussion when you made the claim that sexuality was 'not immutable'. Tell me what you mean.

As an aside, i went to the Manchester Gay Pride parade yesterday.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '13 09:48
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    There are no semantic traps being set here, i'm just trying to understand your views on the matter. Personally, i don't think you need to be a 'clairvoyant' to understand the meaning of the term 'sexual orientation', it's pretty self explanatory.

I interjected into this discussion when you made the claim that sexuality was 'not immutable'. Tell me what you mean.

As an aside, i went to the Manchester Gay Pride parade yesterday.
    immutable means that which cannot be changed, people do change their sexuality, that means that its not immutable, its very simple, as for your gay parade, i knew it was only a matter of time, what did you go as, an angel, leather clad gay biker, Julius Caesar?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree