same-sex wedding across street from baptist church

same-sex wedding across street from baptist church

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
25 Aug 13
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
no your analogy contradicts your point. a doctor is defined by his qualification not what he practices. for your analogy to work a doctor would need to practice medicine to be called a doctor. fact.

no mango lassi for me, a nice glass of red wine while i wait for biffy clyro to take stage at reading.
a medical practitioner (mentioned in the questions) is not defined by his qualifications, he is defined by what he practices, he may well be a qualified scout leader with a string of badges or a serial killer in the case of Harold Shipman, you fail again, so sad, you should be used to it by now.

Moves
25 Aug 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
You asked the question, you got an unequivocal answer, uselessly speculating on all manner of hypothetical questions produces nothing but fights and Christians are warned against it.
i respect that you are willing to try and answer questions, but your answers to this particular subject are bizarro. i suspect you know that though, i think you just like to be antagonistic.

rc

Moves
25 Aug 13

i respect that you are willing to try and answer questions, but your answers to this particular subject are bizarro. i suspect you know that though, i think you just like to be antagonistic.
I know its hard for you to break out and accept a different reality, but you must try.

Moves
25 Aug 13

a medical practitioner (mentioned in the questions) is not defined by his qualifications, he is defined by what he practices, he may well be a qualified scout leader with a string of badges or a serial killer in the case of Harold Shipman, you fail again, so sad, you should be used to it by now.
"a doctor is someone who is . . . . . .

a. attracted to medicine
b. practices medicine
c. dreams of being with other doctors "

remind me where in the above text does it mention that the doctor is a medical practitioner?

rc

Moves
25 Aug 13

[b]"a doctor is someone who is . . . . . .

a. attracted to medicine
b. practices medicine
c. dreams of being with other doctors "

remind me where in the above text does it mention that the doctor is a medical practitioner?[/b]
medicine mentioned not once but twice, slapety slap!

Moves
25 Aug 13

medicine mentioned not once but twice, slapety slap!
a medical doctor doesnt need to practice medicine to be a doctor.

rc

Moves
25 Aug 13

a medical doctor doesnt need to practice medicine to be a doctor.
yes he does, thats why hes called a practitioner, otherwise, hes just a normal dude, you can call him doctor if you like, but to me, hes just a dude unless he practices medicine.

Moves
25 Aug 13

yes he does, thats why hes called a practitioner, otherwise, hes just a normal dude, you can call him doctor if you like, but to me, hes just a dude unless he practices medicine.
no if a practitioner stops practicing medicine he is still a fkng doctor!!! his phd in medicine says so. regardless of what he is to you, to the rest of the world he's a doctor until the day he is struck off.

rc

Moves
25 Aug 13

no if a practitioner stops practicing medicine he is still a fkng doctor!!! his phd in medicine says so. regardless of what he is to you, to the rest of the world he's a doctor until the day he is struck off.
no hes not, he might become a chef, or a painter, or a poet.

Moves
25 Aug 13

no hes not, he might become a chef, or a painter, or a poet.
he can be a painter, a poet or a chef............he would still be a doctor.

rc

Moves
25 Aug 13

he can be a painter, a poet or a chef............he would still be a doctor.
not if he renounced is former practice

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Aug 13

the only thing pretending anything here is you, you have no knowledge of God and yet deny his existence, you have no way of knowing whether the Bible writers were inspired or not and yet make the truth claim that they were not, a position of unbelievable arrogance and to pontificate to others on the basis is a bum feeling extraordinaire, be brought back to reality, for the love of God.
Its the biggest Ponzi scheme in the last 3000 years is what it is.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Aug 13

I am using my own mind you Borg, it is you that has been assimilated and continue to spout the secular liberal mantras,

soooooo, I have to be dealt with, LOL, deal with it then spanklberger!
It dawned on me last night when I was driving to a gig why use non standard terms and definitions in the framework of this topic. I was thinking to myself, this is the most nonsensical lunacy i've read from you since the 'i forgot whether i believed Santa existed' debacle.

But before I get to that a question for you - If I, for whatever reason, stop having sex for the rest of my life. What will my sexuality be?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Aug 13

I am using my own mind you Borg, it is you that has been assimilated and continue to spout the secular liberal mantras,

soooooo, I have to be dealt with, LOL, deal with it then spanklberger!
I also love this idea that when you start making up your own terms to well defined standard words you're 'using your own mind'. Comedy gold.

R

Moves
26 Aug 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I also love this idea that when you start making up your own terms to well defined standard words you're 'using your own mind'. Comedy gold.
Our friend Robbie here is being irrational and can't listen to reason. Why bother arguing?