1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 02:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I wasn't talking to cheney3. Get a grip.
    I was talking about chaney3 and his probable motivation for starting this thread ~ and other threads. I was trying to steer the conversation back to the topic - "Satan" and chaney3 - rather than indulging you and the swing you were taking at Great King Rat. Do you think chaney3 actually believes in "Satan"? Based on his posting here at RHP, I don't. But I do think he wants Christians fussing over him.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 02:161 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I was talking about chaney3 and his probable motivation for starting this thread ~ and other threads. I was trying to steer the conversation back to the topic - "Satan" and chaney3 - rather than indulging you and the swing you were taking at Great King Rat. Do you think chaney3 actually believes in "Satan"? Based on his posting here at RHP, I don't. But I do think he wants Christians fussing over him.
    Sorry, unlike your "clique", I don't need you to "steer" my conversation.

And in case you haven't figured it out by now, I really don't care what you think.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 02:21
    Sorry, unlike your "clique", I don't need you to "steer" my conversation.

And in case you haven't figured it out by now, I really don't care what you think.
    I was simply explaining why I was seeking to talk about what chaney3 feels rather than what Great King Rat feels. Look at the thread topic. Look at who started it.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 04:381 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    It sounds as if you will refuse to blame God for anything.

Not an open mind at all. Humans cannot be blamed for everything, while God is always dismissed of any fault.
    Have you considered that perhaps god just hates you?

Edit: of course you have; you whole posting history is about your hatred of god, his hatred of you, Satan's hatred of you, your hatred of Christianity. etc.

If you really are an alcoholic, then your solution is to face up to the fact, stop blaming other people and acknowledge that you must never drink again under any circumstances and get a support structure around you that helps maintain that.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 04:39
    And yet the majority of you posts are directed in response to something FMF has posted.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 07:24
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    There is good evidence to suggest that the predisposition towards alcoholism is very much a genetic thing. Google the alcoholic monkeys on St Kitts. Nature beats nurture.
    Later today I will indeed Google 'the alcoholic monkeys on St Kitts'

(I'm half expecting it to be an episode of South Park).

As noted though, we are predisposed to a great number of things and Chaney is mistaken in his assertion that we have no control over them.
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 08:48
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Later today I will indeed Google 'the alcoholic monkeys on St Kitts'
    Animals like to get high. Google that, too.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 10:00
    Originally posted by apathist
    Animals like to get high. Google that, too.
    I'm in for a fun evening. 🙂

(Whenever my wife is on the internet she always seems to be looking at cat videos).
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 10:40
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I'm in for a fun evening. 🙂

(Whenever my wife is on the internet she always seems to be looking at cat videos).
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dog+talking+video&view=detail&mid=4F0007AB9D6BD57135DA4F0007AB9D6BD57135DA&FORM=VIRE

Dog video 🙂
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 11:31
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    There is good evidence to suggest that the predisposition towards alcoholism is very much a genetic thing. Google the alcoholic monkeys on St Kitts. Nature beats nurture.
    I Googled it, and guess what, it seems alcoholic monkeys are mostly found on St Kitts, and not elsewhere. It would seem that exposure to alcohol (nurture) beats nature.

All addictions including alcoholism and obesity are a mixture between choice and genetic / nurtured tendencies. Between choice and nature/nurture, you cannot lay the blame on one single one and you can lay the blame on both. But we have control over choice, so that is the only one for which it is useful to lay the blame. Admittedly controlling our choices can be remarkably hard, but the first step is recognising that we can control them and not laying the blame elsewhere as an excuse. Blaming Satan is post justification in an attempt to reduce the guilt.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 13:36
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I Googled it, and guess what, it seems alcoholic monkeys are mostly found on St Kitts, and not elsewhere. It would seem that exposure to alcohol (nurture) beats nature.

All addictions including alcoholism and obesity are a mixture between choice and genetic / nurtured tendencies. Between choice and nature/nurture, you cannot lay the blame on one singl ...[text shortened]... e elsewhere as an excuse. Blaming Satan is post justification in an attempt to reduce the guilt.
    Excellent post. Fully concur.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 15:30
    Regarding alcohol. While it's true that choice is invoved, it seems to be limited to the first drink. After an alcoholic makes the choice to have a beer, the second problem arises, 'the physical aspect'. It's what is called the 'phenonenom of craving'. This craving, which doesn't seem to affect normal drinkers, takes choice out of the equation....after the first drink.

The problem is twofold. Mental and physical. The mental part should prevent the first drink, but as described in the book of Alcoholics Anonymous, in the doctor's opinion, once the first drink occurs, the body takes over and seeks to dominate the mind, and choice.

People want to argue for choice, and will power, but neglect to consider the physical problem at work.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 15:551 edit
    Regarding alcohol. While it's true that choice is invoved, it seems to be limited to the first drink. After an alcoholic makes the choice to have a beer, the second problem arises, 'the physical aspect'. It's what is called the 'phenonenom of craving'. This craving, which doesn't seem to affect normal drinkers, takes choice out of the equation....after the f ...[text shortened]... want to argue for choice, and will power, but neglect to consider the physical problem at work.
    So you think God is in error because someone who is an alcoholic cannot have more than
    one drink without the phenomenon of craving? We have the same issue with food too and
    other things as well, this is God's doing that He needs to be blamed for?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 16:00
    Regarding alcohol. While it's true that choice is invoved, it seems to be limited to the first drink. After an alcoholic makes the choice to have a beer, the second problem arises, 'the physical aspect'. It's what is called the 'phenonenom of craving'. This craving, which doesn't seem to affect normal drinkers, takes choice out of the equation....after the f ...[text shortened]... want to argue for choice, and will power, but neglect to consider the physical problem at work.
    Were your parents monkeys from St Kitts? LOL 😀
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 16:10
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Were your parents monkeys from St Kitts? LOL 😀
    My parents are dead and I don't appreciate the joke.

I thought you didn't get personal? Mock me if you wish, leave my parents out of it!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree