1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 17:55
    Originally posted by chaney3
    If a person is going to be an alcoholic, or have cancer, or blindness.....it doesn't matter whether they are rich or poor. Or whether they had loving parents. Or what their upbringing was....they are predisposed.

Only attributes given to them at birth, by God.
    I was 'predisposed' with a weakness for gambling. Even at a young age I recognized that the buzz I got from gambling was much stronger than that experienced by my friends.

30 years on, am I a prolific gambler with thousands of pounds worth of debt?

No. I don't gamble at all. I am stronger than my predisposition. I choose my own path.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 17:57
    It sounds as if you will refuse to blame God for anything.

Not an open mind at all. Humans cannot be blamed for everything, while God is always dismissed of any fault.
    Blame God for anything? What do you want me to blame Him for, be specific! God has
    granted you and I life, we were to be put into a perfect universe and we screwed that up
    and most of all of our issues are all self inflicted. We kill each other, our actions and our
    inactions can cause us and others harm and yet we do what we will the results can be
    clear and yet we continue knowing what we know.

We stick needles into our arms and other body parts to get high, and we steal so we can
    buy what we know is killing us and harming others around us. We sleep around causing a
    large number of unwanted children who are now thought of as disposable for any reason.

When God gives us all He has for life, tells us how we should live and we say no to Him
    how is it God's fault? Our actions can not only harm us be also generations from now, it
    is how it set up at this time.

I've an open mind, and right now all I see is you trying to justify yourself by blaming God,
    I have not seen you say anything about God where God is not justified in His actions.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 17:59
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I was 'predisposed' with a weakness for gambling. Even at a young age I recognized that the buzz I got from gambling was much stronger than that experienced by my friends.

30 years on, am I a prolific gambler with thousands of pounds worth of debt?

No. I don't gamble at all. I am stronger than my predisposition. I choose my own path.
    And that's my point Ghost!

Was your gambling a 'fault' of your parents? Your environment? Your upbringing?

No....you may have been BORN with it.

How you cope with your gambling is entirely different than where it originated.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 18:04
    And that's my point Ghost!

Was your gambling a 'fault' of your parents? Your environment? Your upbringing?

No....you may have been BORN with it.

How you cope with your gambling is entirely different than where it originated.
    Who knows how these 'predispositions' develop. Perhaps they develop in infancy, rather than from birth, or perhaps they are genetically inherited from our parents.

Not sure why you put the blame at God's door. Take ownership man.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 18:07
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Blame God for anything? What do you want me to blame Him for, be specific! God has
    granted you and I life, we were to be put into a perfect universe and we screwed that up
    and most of all of our issues are all self inflicted. We kill each other, our actions and our
    inactions can cause us and others harm and yet we do what we will the results can be
    clea ...[text shortened]... ming God,
    I have not seen you say anything about God where God is not justified in His actions.
    Have you seen a baby born without arms?

Is it the parents' fault? The baby's fault.

Who created the baby with no arms? And why?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 18:09
    Who knows how these 'predispositions' develop. Perhaps they develop in infancy, rather than from birth, or perhaps they are genetically inherited from our parents.

Not sure why you put the blame at God's door. Take ownership man.
    My point of view is that we are 'created'. If you are an atheist, you will not see this.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 18:16
    If you don't believe you were 'created' Ghost, and that you magically appeared here, then how can we talk?

A Creator implies conditions.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 18:34
    Have you seen a baby born without arms?

Is it the parents' fault? The baby's fault.

Who created the baby with no arms? And why?
    I had a daughter die to a heart defect, I get the pain of children suffering.
    You have not addressed my answers again, you only spout off something new.
    The cause of a defect started with the curse, and we are suffering due to it.
    I imagine we are saved by more of God actions then we suffer so I do not blame God.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 18:512 edits
    John 9:2 His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” 3Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but this happened that the works of God would be displayed in him.

Life is but a mystery
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 19:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    John 9:2 His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” 3Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but this happened that the works of God would be displayed in him.

Life is but a mystery
    I have all the answers dude.

For 12 hundred pounds i'll share them with you.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 19:57

I'll do it for 280 sterling! and throw in a mountain bike and a lazy teenager!
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 21:10
    No sir, you were not born with the disease of alcoholism.

You may be predisposed (for lack of a better word) with an addictive personality, but your alcoholism is more to do with nurture than nature and the life choices 'you' have made. I really would advise against making comparisons with cancer and the like.
    There is good evidence to suggest that the predisposition towards alcoholism is very much a genetic thing. Google the alcoholic monkeys on St Kitts. Nature beats nurture.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 21:30

Nope.

Not knowing is far too much fun. 😵

Loser. 😛
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 01:57
    It sounds as if you will refuse to blame God for anything.

Not an open mind at all. Humans cannot be blamed for everything, while God is always dismissed of any fault.
    There is a fundamental reason for this. God is perfect, and man is imperfect.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 01:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    I certainly don't think it makes chaney3 feel any better. I think he wants Christians fawning over him ~ he's tried all manner of ways of pushing Christians' buttons since he appeared on the scene ~ and I don't think it's atheists, agnostics and the like that he wants attention from. 😉
    I wasn't talking to cheney3. Get a grip.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree