1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 11:15
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Yeah, it's not bad.

Think I might go get a nice cold beer now. Mmmm... the feel of a cold glas in my hand, seeing those bubbles rise up, that white foam on top, that first taste... don't swallow yet, keep it in your mouth for another moment, really taste it.. savour it. Then swallow, and feel the kick of the bitterness hitting you softly. Have anot ...[text shortened]... flowing through you. Life's good. Alcohol fixes everything. Alcohol is my friend. How about you?
    Does doing this to him make you feel better?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 11:18
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    You're so clever. Makes me jealous and sad. Might get another beer from the fridge.
    Okay, I get it, you're just taunting him.

But what I don't get is why.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 11:191 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Does doing this to him make you feel better?
    I certainly don't think it makes chaney3 feel any better. I think he wants Christians fawning over him ~ he's tried all manner of ways of pushing Christians' buttons since he appeared on the scene ~ and I don't think it's atheists, agnostics and the like that he wants attention from. 😉
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 11:301 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Satan seems to be winning.
    Of course you cannot overcome Satan. But Jesus did and does. You have to get into Christ and experience Christ overcoming in you on your behalf.

You have to receive the Lord Jesus Christ into your spirit and learn to walk in Him.

" You are of God, little children; and have overcome them because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world." (1 John 4:4)

You and I can reign in life through Jesus Christ ONLY. This is because Jesus Christ is AVAILABLE as the life giving Spirit He became in resurrection -

" the last Adam became a life giving Spirit " (1 Cor. 15:45)

Calling out unto the Lord Jesus get us in touch with Him and unleashes the power of His grace in our inner being. And then THE ONE AND ONLY Overcomer - Jesus, can blend with us and cause us to ride with Jesus Christ over the Devil's power.

Paul said we can reign in [divine] life through Jesus Christ.

" For if by the offense of one death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ." (Rom. 5:17)

Learn to start each morning blending with Jesus Christ that you may reign in His life throughout the day. Amen.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 11:39

For funzies.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 12:431 edit

You don't have to like it, but surely you can see "why"? Surely even you can see that.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 14:22
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You don't have to like it, but surely you can see "why"? Surely even you can see that.
    No, and don't call her surely. 😠
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 14:30
    My uncle once said, "When I have the flu, I drink whiskey, when I have a cold, I drink wine, when I have allergies, I drink rum, when I feel achey, I drink beer."

I asked him when he drank water, he said he has never been that sick. 😛
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 16:38
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I'm an agnostic, my problem with the concept is the question of his (her) existence. But suppose for arguments sake that there is a God. I cannot think of any good reason to think that my problems are not either of my own making or, occasionally, caused by other people. Any inadequacies I have are my responsibility and mine alone. If one has problems they are not caused by God.
    Maybe you missed my point. I was born with brown eyes, I had nothing to do with that. Was I also born with the 'disease' of alcoholism?

It's not my intention to blame God, but there are things that are obviously out of our control. Who wants cancer? Who wants diabetes? Are humans completely at fault for everything? No 'higher plan' is involved?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 17:321 edit
    Maybe you missed my point. I was born with brown eyes, I had nothing to do with that. Was I also born with the 'disease' of alcoholism?

It's not my intention to blame God, but there are things that are obviously out of our control. Who wants cancer? Who wants diabetes? Are humans completely at fault for everything? No 'higher plan' is involved?
    Suppose you were born with a defect, does that automatically mean "God's" fault and not
    some grandparent you had so many generations removed from you?

Somethings we have no control, and others we do, and even if we do everything right still
    things happen to us that are not what we call good. This is the life we live in, so what does
    that mean outside of we play with the cards we are dealt? It should also show us that we
    need to have grace towards others, they may have cards we know nothing about that may
    cause them as much or more pain than those we have.
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 17:37

No sir, you were not born with the disease of alcoholism.

You may be predisposed (for lack of a better word) with an addictive personality, but your alcoholism is more to do with nurture than nature and the life choices 'you' have made. I really would advise against making comparisons with cancer and the like.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 17:40
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Suppose you were born with a defect, does that automatically mean "God's" fault and not
    some grandparent you had so many generations removed from you?

Somethings we have no control, and others we do, and even if we do everything right still
    things happen to us that are not what we call good. This is the life we live in, so what does
    that mean outside ...[text shortened]... y have cards we know nothing about that may
    cause them as much or more pain than those we have.
    It sounds as if you will refuse to blame God for anything.

Not an open mind at all. Humans cannot be blamed for everything, while God is always dismissed of any fault.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 17:42
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    No sir, you were not born with the disease of alcoholism.

You may be predisposed (for lack of a better word) with an addictive personality, but your alcoholism is more to do with nurture than nature and the life choices 'you' have made. I really would advise against making comparisons with cancer and the like.
    Like I just said to KJ, God is never to blame.

And, I don't agree with the 'nature nurture' argument.
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 17:44
    Like I just said to KJ, God is never to blame.

And, I don't agree with the 'nature nurture' argument.
    Don't agree with it or don't understand it?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 17:48
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Don't agree with it or don't understand it?
    If a person is going to be an alcoholic, or have cancer, or blindness.....it doesn't matter whether they are rich or poor. Or whether they had loving parents. Or what their upbringing was....they are predisposed.

Only attributes given to them at birth, by God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree